Germany NT 2022

• Matthias is not a Heynen Fan 😄

I think "Heynen fans" don't even exist :whistle:

Honestly, cutting Cekulaev is simply scandalous. She was with the team all summer, surely worked as hard as everyone else and is the biggest talent we have at MB which is our weakest position. Whenever she got to play in VNL she showed her talent, and simply the experience of taking part in WCH would have been very valuable to her development. I just hope she'll handle the situation well mentally and come back even stronger next summer.

• I think "Heynen fans" don't even exist :whistle:

Honestly, cutting Cekulaev is simply scandalous. She was with the team all summer, surely worked as hard as everyone else and is the biggest talent we have at MB which is our weakest position. Whenever she got to play in VNL she showed her talent, and simply the experience of taking part in WCH would have been very valuable to her development. I just hope she'll handle the situation well mentally and come back even stronger next summer.

On the other side I'm really happy for Strubbe who is as strong as Cekulaev in my eyes...

Nevertheless I thought Cekulaev had better chances to play the WCH than Strubbe...

I'm surprised he goes with only 3 MB. We have so many attackers now...I guess 5 OH and 2 D?

Maybe Cekulaev instead of Hippe would have been a better option.

• Those 6 players who already worked best in the friendly against Brasil saved Germany the match.

Heynen should let them start in the next.

Exactly. I don't even know why Heynen didn't start with them in the second part of the match.

• Maybe Cekulaev instead of Hippe would have been a better option.

Hippe seems to have another function:

“My mission is to get the girls to believe in themselves. I have a feeling that they don't even know what they're capable of. I enjoy the role. I am grateful for every minute of commitment."

Specifically, it looks like this: “I praise, I celebrate horny balls. When Vital says we win, you can really see the overwhelming in the girls' eyes. And then I say, "Yes, we win.""

Saskia Hippe - the company's mother, so to speak.

https://www.bild.de/sport/mehr…ps%3A%2F%2Fwww.bild.de%2F

• As some people may have noticed (:whistle:), I have been very angry about the team's coach's performance in the preliminaries. Individually, most players seem in good shape, especially Kästner and the MBs are clearly improved compared to VNL. Also Alsmeier is doing a decent job, for my taste she still makes too many mistakes in reception especially in crucial moments, but she's the youngest of our OHs and is on her way to become a very good allround OH.

But the downside: Heynen's weird choices and most of all his stubborness destroy all the effort of the team :wall: To underline what I mean, some statistics of our OH/OPP players after the preliminaries:

Attack:

Alsmeier 49% (40/82)

Drewniok 44% (31/71)

Orthmann 39% (40/102)

Janiska 25% (15/60)

Stigrot 22% (14/65)

Emonts 20% (7/35)

Reception:

Janiska 33% (36 attempts)

Emonts 29% (42 atttempts)

Alsmeier 25% (88 attempts)

Stigrot 23% (39 attempts)

Orthmann 11% (18 attempts)

Based on this, what is the reason to have Stigrot as starter in the decisive matches? She doesn't contribute anything in attack and her reception isn't that great either. I would be ok with it if it meant Orthmann scoring 25 pts per match due to not having to receive, but that's not happening either. Drewniok may not be a world class OPP but she seems to be in good shape right now, so IMO she has to be starter with Alsmeier-Janiska as OH duo. Emonts has been quite disappointing, in the friendly matches before WCH she looked very good but she hasn't been able to show anything now. I still think she'd be a better choice as receiving OPP than Stigrot though, her reception is slightly better and IMO she attacks better from pos.2 than Stigrot.

Before the tournament the team was dreaming about reaching QF, IMO a top 12 finish would have been a realistic goal, but right now they'll most likely end up 15th or 16th. I don't see them having a chance against any team from Pool B if Heynen doesn't make the necessary changes, and even if he does I think there is a lot of insecurity in the team now.

• Thanks for the stats. I wanted to go a little more into detail:

OrthmannDrewniokStigrotJaniska
    BUL12-302-76-202-7
    KAZ0-011-300-010-31
    SRB14-286-82-100-7
    USA0-09-212-91-8
    CAN14-443-54-262-7

Emonts was 4-15 against KAZ, and 3-19 against USA

In my opinion:

Stigrot and Janiska are unfortunately both rather harmless. Drewniok has decent stats in most games but 11-30 vs KAZ is not great.

In the CAN game Orthmann scored 7 points in set 1, after that unfortunately she ran out of steam. Drewniok and Janiska started set 4, after 10-10 there were some errors, mostly in reception to go to 10-14 and Germany never recovered.

Actually, I don't think Heynen's decisions were terrible. Germany was up 2-0 and 19-15 against CAN. This should not have been lost. In hindsight it probably would have been better to bring Drewniok for Orthmann earlier, but who does that when the team looks like they are winning?

• I understand your frustrations. Germany's potential is wasted by an inept coach. I want to think that coaches know what they're doing but Heynen's decisions are just so hard to understand and rarely make sense at all. Also, Lippmann's departure was a big loss. I miss the Janiska-Lippmann-Orthmann trio. I also wished they haven't replaced Koslowski. Sure, he's no Guidetti but Germany was doing pretty well under his guidance. At least much better than what they are currently.

• I really thought Stigrot would be the one player who would benefit the most under Heynen...but right now it's just in terms of time on the court. I actually like her style of playing a lot but in this competition she has no efficiency in her attacks and gets blocked very often.

I know Janiska needs to have a very good day to contribute well in attacking. But at least she can help with her reception abilities. I really don't know why Heynen is not putting her into the starting six.

Additionally he seems to be a huge fan of Hannah Orthmann...who in my eyes is not really convincing either...

• I think that Heynen is not the problem at the moment but rather the limited attack power of the OHs/Opps

No germany does have good attackers like Alsmeier and orthmann but the problem of German outsides is they all are one sided OHs the ones who can receive cannot attack and the ones who can attack cannot receive.

Alsmeier is the most balanced one even she is shaky at reception

• Janiska:

There was no surprise effect. Nevertheless, I can understand that we approached the World Cup this way because we are now missing Louisa Lippmann (28) and Kimberly Drewniok (25) only joined the team later. Moreover, Lena Stigrot played the Nations League very well. Why shouldn't we continue to play it that way! Vital put everyone on the same level and looked at what was the best solution for us. I can also understand that we had the approach of being unpredictable because we change every game. But the summer was long, many games were played before the World Cup and the opponents simply adjusted well. At the moment, our team is simply missing that one player, that go-to girl, who actively demands the pass at 22:22 and then makes the point.

https://www.tag24.de/sport/dre…r-haben-potenzial-2640783

• 2014 5°place for Germany.. didnt remember that