Germany NT 2022

• Don't know if it's really necessary with Janiska, Alsmeier, Orthmann and Stigrot as outside hitters, but do you think Heynen could convince Emonts to join German NT this summer? She is having such a good season in Potsdam this year, she would deserve a call!

She is done with NT since some years unfortunately. I remember in one interview this season she was asked about it and she said that it's time for the young players there, so she surely won't make a comeback.

• According to some press releases from clubs it's clear that the invitations both for main NT and for U23/B-NT have already been sent out and first training camps are about to start in the next days for the players who have already finished their club season. With DVV's horrible PR I don't expect any official news soon, so I'll make some speculations about possible rosters:

Main NT

S: Denise Imoudu (depending on the rumors of her retirement), Pia Kästner, Magdalena Gryka, Sarah Straube (invitation announced by Heynen on TV during Cup final), Corina Glaab (invitation annouced by her club)

OPP: Louisa Lippmann, Kimberly Drewniok

OH: Jennifer Janiska, Hanna Orthmann, Lena Stigrot, Lina Alsmeier, Ivana Vanjak

MB: Camilla Weitzel, Marie Schölzel, Monique Strubbe, Anastasia Cekulaev

L: Anna Pogany, Linda Bock (if she returns to playing as libero and doesn't want to continue as OH), Elisa Lohmann, Sophie Dreblow

U23/B-NT (the "U23" won't be taken too strictly)

S: Hannah Kohn (2003), Meghan Barthel (2000), but I expect Straube (2002) and Glaab (2000) to play Universiade eventually

OPP: Lena Große Scharmann (1998, invitation announced by her club), Rica Maase (1999), Lara Berger (2001), Lydia Stemmler (2001), Marie Hänle (2002)

OH: Vanessa Agbortabi (1998), Luisa Keller (2001), Julia Wesser (2003). Mia Kirchhoff (2004)

MB: Josepha Bock (2000), Lea Ambrosius (2000), Lena Linke (2003), Luisa van Clewe (2003, DVV site lists her in the official wide NT roster as per 01 January 2022)

L: Patricia Nestler (2001), Simona Dammer (2002)

There are several options at OPP position for the B-team but I don't think any of them has a chance to be in the main team, so it will be Lippmann and Drewniok again for the time being. As OH maybe Anne Hölzig and Pia Leweling could be invited, they're both born 1997 so probably not an option for the B-team but I think especially Hölzig could be a valuable addition. I wonder if Poll will still be invited with 34 years...

• I don't know if Sarah Straube is suitable for the Universiade because, if I remember correctly, she should still be a student at the sports gymnasium school in Dresden. In the video DSC-Spielerinnen im Urlaub - Sarah Straube hat Stress from 5 July 2021, the reporter said that she was about to start her abitur year. So she should be able to graduate from high school in the near future and then start studying. But this would only start in October this year, so that the Universiade comes too early.

• I wonder about the liberos. The liberos in Bundesliga were born in these years:

1994: Pogany

1997: Petter, Cesar

1998: Dreblow, Lohmann

2000: Bock

2001: Nestler

2002: Dammer

2003: Stiriz

Bock would be the most logical replacement once Pogany steps aside. But if she is not available then who is next? As Stuttgart fan, I'm still hoping to see Cesar in the NT one day but Lohmann would be the clear favorite for the spot I guess.

• :what::down:

What a loss for the team...

But the right decision for her I guess..

I wonder if something happened in Scandicci that made her feel this way ...

I think she may have already been in a slump since playing in China. She seemed mentally drained than anything.

I just hope things don't end the way it did with Lonneke Sloetjes.

• Not a German speaker but based on this post it seems that she's retiring from the NT?🥺

Yes, the post confirms her retirement from the national team. Although in her statement of a "vorerst" (english: "for the time being") is the speech. So there is definitely hope for a comeback. I would see it similarly with her, as with Mr. Grozer. If she wants to come back, there will be a place for her in the national team.

She also talks about taking a break from volleyball, not just from the national team. The reason she gives is the last three years, which have been extremely strenuous for her physically and mentally.

You can only hope that the break will give her both physical and mental strength again and maybe she will find fun in volleyball again. I can only agree with the words of the association: "All the best for your future Louisa, we wish you only the best!"

• ;(;(;(

First Imoudu, now Lippmann, who's next? :white:

So our NT is basically without OPP. Drewniok won't make an impact on international level and there is no real alternative. Vanjak might be pretty good as OPP but she wants to play as OH, maybe Heynen can convince her to change her mind...

• ;(;(;(

First Imoudu, now Lippmann, who's next? :white:

So our NT is basically without OPP. Drewniok won't make an impact on international level and there is no real alternative. Vanjak might be pretty good as OPP but she wants to play as OH, maybe Heynen can convince her to change her mind...

But why? is Vanjak not comfortable playing as OPP?

• But why? is Vanjak not comfortable playing as OPP?

Some time ago some article quoted her saying that she was not happy with the role as universal player she had in NT in the last years where she was used on different positions (remember in WCH 2018 she played as MB), and that this year she wants to compete on her real position as OH there.

• Some time ago some article quoted her saying that she was not happy with the role as universal player she had in NT in the last years where she was used on different positions (remember in WCH 2018 she played as MB), and that this year she wants to compete on her real position as OH there.

would she even make a roster as OH?

Orthmann, Janiska, Stigrot, Alsmeier

• That's exactly the point. Overall she's too valuable to be left out, but as pure OH she is behind the other players you mentioned. Especially her reception just won't suffice on international level...

Maybe she will accept to play OPP now when she has a better chance to play there than as OH.

OTOH I am curious which youngsters might get a chance in VNL and how they will perform.

• That's exactly the point. Overall she's too valuable to be left out, but as pure OH she is behind the other players you mentioned. Especially her reception just won't suffice on international level...

She played as Opp in couple of matches with Kuzeyboru this season. She was more than decent. On the other hand, Lippmann was one of the top Opps in Europe and Germany's best player with Janiska. It will be a big loss for German NT