Germany NT 2022

• it's an interesting interview in which they talked about varios topics including more presence of german players in the Bundesliga, the reason why she left the NT 6 years ago and she thought the book was closed but apparently it had opened a new chapter etc...

I think we will see Hippe this summer cuz when Laura was asked about it, she laughed and responded: we will see.

Another element of particular interest they mentioned is Natalie Wilczek in Potsdam. They talked about the fact that Wilczek didn't get practically anytime on court and asked Laura's point of view (and apparently Agbotarbi in some sense as indicated in the tittle). I am very curious about it but my german is quite horrible, so I wasn't able to catch her points plus I was literally struggling to comprehend everything. So sorry about that;(.

What was the reason that she left 6 years ago?

• The roster is official with Emonts and Hippe
    https://www.facebook.com/DVV.V…wohaf37DPztnX5Qqvz4njXCsl

I think I missed it but why drewniok is not in the roster?

ANd which 4 OH do you guys think will make the final roster. After so many years, Emonts is back but I'm not sure if she can actually make the cut. Geerties, Orthmann, Alsmeier, Stigrot seems to be the most likely ones. Or do you think Emonts would get Alsmeier's spot for WCH? I hope they would keep Vanjak as Opp, otherwise she doesn't have a shot to beat any of these OHs

• i think the 4 spots for OH will really be a hard battle. Heynen is really focused on stats, his type of work you know...

do you guys think Hippe can really show up on the VNL? we know some names will just fulfill the list.

that would be nostalgic for me, its been a long time on her absence on the NT

• All this team needs is the 3 OH system like Trentino or Fenerbahce'12.

Hippe comes in with double sub.

Orthmann had a good showing in Turkey, Alsmeier is the new face of this team. I'd put these 2 names on position 4 and Janiska as passing opp. (She is like Gozde type of player for Vakifbank's first CL championship line up)

Lack of D ball would be a problem but as far as I remember, both middles, Weitzel and Schölzel are good slide attackers. Also, pos 4 hitters are good at pipe attack.

Emonts would come in to pass in the back row.

Stigrot and Vanjak can fight for the last 4th OH spot or take both of them with only 3 middles which probably Turkey will do again like WCH'18.

The last 2 seasons for Drewniok were just too bad. I don't think she can reach the elite level anymore.

• Potsdam confirms that Emonts (and of course Cekulaev) joins NT training camp today.

I also think Heynen will try various options at OPP position, so I guess every week there will be 5 or even 6 of the regular OHs in the roster. Emonts played as OPP sometimes in the past and even won Junior WCH 2009 (and she's the last active player of that team :what:), also Stigrot, Vanjak and Orthmann can do it.

Much bigger question for me: who will be 2nd setter behind Kästner? :gone: Straube is probably the most talented of the options, but she'll need time to develop. And it's not like Kästner is the most solid starting setter we ever had either...

• Potsdam confirms that Emonts (and of course Cekulaev) joins NT training camp today.

I also think Heynen will try various options at OPP position, so I guess every week there will be 5 or even 6 of the regular OHs in the roster. Emonts played as OPP sometimes in the past and even won Junior WCH 2009 (and she's the last active player of that team :what:), also Stigrot, Vanjak and Orthmann can do it.

Much bigger question for me: who will be 2nd setter behind Kästner? :gone: Straube is probably the most talented of the options, but she'll need time to develop. And it's not like Kästner is the most solid starting setter we ever had either...

I'm hoping they use Straube more during VNL so she gets the hang of it.

• I don't understand why Heynen did not nominate another opposite, for example Große-Scharmann, Lara Berger, Lydia Stemmler or Rica Maase. Of course they are all far away from a solid international quality but especially regarding the huge gap Lippmann left, the VNL would be a good opportunity to give young players a chance...

• I don't understand why Heynen did not nominate another opposite, for example Große-Scharmann, Lara Berger, Lydia Stemmler or Rica Maase. Of course they are all far away from a solid international quality but especially regarding the huge gap Lippmann left, the VNL would be a good opportunity to give young players a chance...

He did the same when he coached Perugia. In the season their starting opposite Atanasijevic was injured, he moved their back up OH ter Horst to Opp instead of starting with the back up Opp Vernon-Evans, who was much younger, but kind of raw and inconsistent. Even later he brought another Opp, Muzaj (one of the Opp in Poland NT, which Heynan was coaching as well) to the team, Muzaj didn’t perform well so Heynan still played with Ter Horst as Opp in most games.

• Hippe didn't participate in the media day, which makes her eventual presence very doubtful.

For the 16 players who did, I elaborated a list:

S: Pia Kästner, Corina Glaab, Sarah Straube

OPP: ???

OH: Jennifer Janiska, Hanna Orthmann, Ivana Vanjak, Lina Alsmeier, Lena Stigrot, Laura Emonts

MB: Marie Schölzel, Lea Ambrosius, Camilla Weitzel, Monique Strubbe, Anastasia Cekulaev

L: Anna Pogany, Linda Bock

Not many surprises actually, anyway it would be interesting to see how Vital works out on the Opp position.

• Not many surprises actually, anyway it would be interesting to see how Vital works out on the Opp position.

I do think that Linda Bock is a bit of a surprise. She hasn't really played in Libera's position this season. That's why I would have thought that preference would be given to the well-rehearsed Elisa Lohmann, who also had a very good season. But maybe there will be another change before the World Cup, who knows.

• I do think that Linda Bock is a bit of a surprise. She hasn't really played in Libera's position this season. That's why I would have thought that preference would be given to the well-rehearsed Elisa Lohmann, who also had a very good season. But maybe there will be another change before the World Cup, who knows.

Maybe she will take a double role..OH in the club and libero in the NT..?

Wasn't Kelsey Robinson doing that in the American NT as well some years ago?

• Maybe she will take a double role..OH in the club and libero in the NT..?

Wasn't Kelsey Robinson doing that in the American NT as well some years ago?

This is of course possible and certainly makes sense in some situations. With Kelsey Robinson, I can't personally assess that. I just think that such a dual role with Linda Bock doesn't make sense for me.

For me, such a dual role only makes sense if you have no other choice. So like the OPP position, where it may be that an actual OH player has to play there. But we don't have such a constraint on the Libera position. Behind Anna Pogany we have several players who play at a similar level.

I would put Elisa Lohmann and Linda Bock on the same level and that's why it doesn't make sense for me to take a Linda Bock who isn't used to this position and leave Elisa Lohmann at home. Vital Heynen has a different assessment than I do and I have to accept that too, even if I don't quite understand it.