2022/2023 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• The problem for Perugia is not Anderson, Rhylicki is the one needs to be change. Opposite should be the one who carry big loads of scoring, one time he scores 8 points and thats not the opposite you need to your team. Perugia is playing great because of Anderson's passing.

• Rychlicki had bad beginning of the season, from quite some time he is decent, he was the best player in Coppa Italia final last week. And first and foremost, he has a valid contract for next season, the only major replacement in Perugia is possible on OH position.

Pasini and Polish sources say Skra is interested in Anderson.

• According to Voloch, Civitanova negotiates with Leal, if that's true - it seems they didn't take any lesson from building +30 team this season and are willing to take another old player past his peak. And I believe that means they are not going to make Yant a starter (at least not alongside Leal) if they really want to re-sign Leal.

Multiple sources in Italy claim that Semeniuk will join Perugia.

Semeniuk leaving for a huge buyout (200k euro) means Zaksa may have resources to compete for signing of Lucarelli.

Due to Russian invasion on Ukraine, Warszawa can have financial problems because its sponsor is from Ukraine.

Osniel Melgarejo from Chaumont is rumored to join Milano (Pasini).

Dmitry Fomin in strong interview in Russian press said that the war can have huge consequences for Russian league including all major foreigners living, and all clubs suffering from that, especially these middle-level teams. https://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/272995

Pasini also wrote about Keita in context of Verona, although I find it highly unlikely due to wages difference.

• Lucão is moving to Sada Cruzeiro. Didn't expect that.

The team has also renewed with Lopez (OH), Rodriguinho (OH), Lukinha (L) and Otávio (MB).

• Yup, it's interesting considering Lucao all career but one season spent in Brazil, and yet he hasn't played yet in best Brazilian club of the past decade.

Also Vaccari and Uriarte will join Sada, that's less spectacular considering Vaccari hasn't shown anything special in France and Uriarte is on a decreasing trajectory for a while. That's still premium squad for Brazilian league these days tho.

• Colton Cowell - USA (Hawaii, Kochi Blue Spikers) announced that he signed with a German club that currently has former Hawaii players. Most likely SVG Luneburg who has Worsley and Solbrig.

• Facundo Conte is negotiating with São José dos Campos in Brazil :what: It's the same team that eliminated Sada Cruzeiro and reached the semis last year, just in a different city as of this season. It seems their budget will increase considerably for the next season: they've already finished deals with Rogerinho (L) and Brasília (S) and there are rumors they've also approached Douglas.

• According to GLP, aside from Lucarelli, Juantorena and Simon, Lube might also lose De Cecco. People in the comments there are speculating Christenson might return.

Also regarding Lucarelli, it seems Minas is trying to find the re$ources to bring him back to Brazil.

• According to GLP, aside from Lucarelli, Juantorena and Simon, Lube might also lose De Cecco. People in the comments there are speculating Christenson might return.

Also regarding Lucarelli, it seems Minas is trying to find the re$ources to bring him back to Brazil.

It's more wishful thinking than speculation 😂

• oh lmao nevermind then (but it'd sorta make sense if leaving Russia ever crosses Micah's mind...)

The user named Forrest something is part of the staff of Kazan? Possibly the female team? I don't remember exactly but he works for a Russian team and usually is very reliable for Russia related stuff team and he says Micah is not leaving (even though i guess it could change depending on the evolution of the conflict)

• In general, it will be very difficult to find a top club for Christenson outside of Russia on his level financially/sports-wise, with Zaksa (Janusz), Jastrzębski (Toniutti), Zawiercie (Tavares), Resovia (Drzyzga), Warszawa (Firlej), Skra (Łomacz), Modena (Bruno), Trentino (Sbertoli), Perugia (Giannelli), Piacenza (Brizard), Monza (Cachopa) and Milano (Porro) - all having setters agreed for the next season. And I don't think there's such pressure on Christenson to leave Russia as in case of Poland and Bednorz. Btw. the same for De Cecco if Civitanova selects a younger setter over him. The market got really slim with Brazil getting worse, Turkish clubs being on a 2nd European tier level wise for quite some time and now Russia with everything what's going on.

Maar in Monza according to volleyball.it, Mazzari said that there will be two strong opposites for the next season here so I suspect Grozer-Stefani duo, although that's just my guess.

It seems that there may be an affair about Leal between Modena-Civitanova-Piacenza for the next season, it's weird tho considering he has a valid contract for next two years.

• No one knows, these are just the general rumors at this point, because Civitanova has awful season for their standards and it's quite obvious that they'll rebuild (Simon will certainly leave, it's highly likely that Juantorena as well). Like I've mentioned above, Russia excluded, it's really hard to find a destination for De Cecco if he's replaced by Christenson, that's why I don't think, in general, that there will be some exodus of foreign players from Russian Superliga.

I don't think De Cecco is any problem for Civitanova level-wise, but he'll be 35 next year, so perhaps they want someone younger.

• Pasini says there will be Flavio-Sole duo in Perugia, so:

a) it's not true

b) Flavio is hired only for CL purposes

c) Sole will retire from NT and change his federation to Italian

d) Rychlicki will get naturalized sooner than we thought

This is interesting.

• Solé changing his federation to Italian would be odd. He might be satisfied after winning an Olympic medal, but still...

Anyway, I'm super happy for my boy Flávio! I've been rooting for him since he was a bench player in Minas during his youth, so seeing him reach the top is awesome.

• Times for bureaucracy in Italy are for sure not as short for Rychlicki - after he has the full four years (which would be in August/September) it's going to take at the very best 4/6 months after that. Maybe they will have a mixed roster? But I'm not sure who else they could hire as italian

• Civitanova had Stankovic and Bieniek only for international purposes couple of years ago, so Perugia would need Kovar-like winger (Lanza, Vettori???) to make possible a league rotation with additional local, but it sounds odd for several reasons. We'll see, Flavio for sure isn't too expensive in relation to his sports value, he's top 5 MB in Serie A this season.