2022/2023 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• I guess Arkas is keeping most of the roster.

Ulaş Kıyak, Nick Hoag, Bertuğ Öndeş shared via IG they are staying. They are keeping Mirza Lagumdzija and Mustafa Cengiz as well. I dont expect Efe Mandıracı to leave after that injury. Some say Burutay Subaşı is staying as well. Gabriel Candido is leaving, McDonnel might as well. So they will hire a foreign OPP for sure and possibly a foreign MB. They might change a few back-ups as well

• taylor10 - there are growing rumors that there's a chance Zaytsev and Lagumdzija will change their teams - Zaytsev will play in Piacenza despite valid contract (again under Bernardi) and Lagumdzija will go to Civitanova in exchange.

For me it's still unlikely because that would mean Civitanova had to change its plans (they wouldn't be able to play with two foreign MBs unless Yant is benched, while with Juantorena/Balaso/Zaytsev they would be able to play with Isac-Chinenyeze) - but I know s..t, lol, so had to clarify since we've discussed this some time ago.

According to Pasini, Nimir will stay in Modena. Lisinac has offer from Zawiercie, but Trentino is optimistic he'll resign. Modena wants Leal to leave, but he has gigantic contract so it's hard to find anyone who would afford it (Pasini says about Beijing).

Milano resigned with Ishikawa, so their OH will be Ishikawa, Melgarejo and Ebadipour, this is interesting.

Dzavoronok signed 2-year contract with Trentino, Laurenzano will join as well.

• As someone follows Adis on social media, it took ages for him to follow his teammates on Instagram but he was following Cormio(Lube's manager) for last few weeks. I think this transfer is very close to be a done deal.

Doesn't Anzani stay in Lube? They just need 1 foreign middle.

De cecco-Lagumdzija

Yant-Osmany

Anzani-Chinenyenze/Isac

Balasso

It's very solid line up.

• He confirmed the transfer on his IG.

Playing in Ukraine that's basically a warzone seems more appealing rather than staying in Turkey nowadays 😅

• There are twitter rumors that Micah Ma'a will be bought out by one of Turkish clubs, any idea which one?

He playing as setter, right? I guess he played as OH before. Does he have valid contract with Katowice? If so, he wouldn't have many options.

Fenerbahçe renewed with Marouf, Arkas renewed with Ulaş, I think Aslan is staying in Ziraatbank as well. There were rumors about Shoji to Halkbank. If that's all true then GS and Spor Toto are the only big budget clubs that need a setter.

GS doesn't have a setter, Murat Yenipazar is moving to Poland. Not sure if they would pay to break his contract tho.

Hekimoğlu Bursa and Türşad could be other options.

Edit: it can't be Hekimoğlu, they have 2 setters already.

• Volleybox has this young American guy playing for a team in Brazil next season, but there's no source for it or anything. Haven't heard anything about this particular transfer on Brazilian media yet either, which is suspicious to say the least... Anyway, never heard of him before and I don't speak college!English so I can't understand anything about his uni career.

• Volleybox has this young American guy playing for a team in Brazil next season, but there's no source for it or anything. Haven't heard anything about this particular transfer on Brazilian media yet either, which is suspicious to say the least... Anyway, never heard of him before and I don't speak college!English so I can't understand anything about his uni career.

It seems the school he attended is in the Division 3 level.

Here's a link to some stats and under "personal" it says he turned down offers from Penn State and Ohio State which are bigger Division 1 programs, interesting.

• It seems the school he attended is in the Division 3 level.

Here's a link to some stats and under "personal" it says he turned down offers from Penn State and Ohio State which are bigger Division 1 programs, interesting.

the reason why you turn down those offers is that you either didn’t like the coaches, you didn’t like the campuses, you grew up in a small town (population 10,000) and this would be a massive change, or you are religiously conservative hence going to this university.

now you are going to move to Brazil…..

putting a 3rd division school back on the map…..it was never on a map….

• the reason why you turn down those offers is that you either didn’t like the coaches, you didn’t like the campuses, you grew up in a small town (population 10,000) and this would be a massive change, or you are religiously conservative hence going to this university.

now you are going to move to Brazil…..

putting a 3rd division school back on the map…..it was never on a map….

If he is religiously conservative and does indeed come and join this particular team it'll be quite a ride since they already have 2 gay players in their roster lol

thanks to both of you for the info btw! still think it'd be wild for a team that's aiming for the top of the league to hire a 19yo American guy from a nobody university like this, so I'm very suspicious about it

• Rumor has it Nimir received an offer from Ziraat, and Leal from another Turkish Club. I can‘t say if this could happen, due to the fact that their levels are above TL but you also never know.

Fun fact is Nimir already played for Ziraat years ago as setter, I think Heynen was the coach, and he wasn’t any good. Of course, it has been years and he is on another level since he switched to OPP.