2022/2023 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• Kliuka rumor has been around for a while now. I wish it were true.

Kliuka was MIA for Zenit in Platonov memorial, but maybe he just rested? Also with current tensions, a Russian (technically Belarussian) in Poland is pretty sus.

• Kliuka was MIA for Zenit in Platonov memorial, but maybe he just rested? Also with current tensions, a Russian (technically Belarussian) in Poland is pretty sus.

This is a complete gossip, Skra will hire Bednorz (or no one) while allegedly Zaksa hasn't found yet a new OH (there are ongoing talks with Jaeschke) - but yeah, Kliuka in Poland would have to criticize Russia in every interview possible, so it's not an interesting place for Russian to emigrate.

• I kinda think this rumor could turn out to be true because he shared some anti-war posts on social media, and if my memory serves me well, he was absent from that moment on for a while. Those details make me think he could leave Russia.

• Not sure where to post this but Ma’a did not show up for trainings in Katowice and they have started disciplinary process and contacted FIVB. It looks like they have also started looking for a replacement.

I don't really understand why clubs sign players who are already under contracts. Or like they don't contact the clubs about breaking the contract? Ma'a might be a good setter but clubs can find a replacement for him easily, right?

I don't get why Halkbank would risk to get a punishment from FIVB for Ma'a.

• I don't really understand why clubs sign players who are already under contracts. Or like they don't contact the clubs about breaking the contract? Ma'a might be a good setter but clubs can find a replacement for him easily, right?

I don't get why Halkbank would risk to get a punishment from FIVB for Ma'a.

I really don't know how it works but I feel like managers are responsible for this kind of mess. I am sure there is a process and they should follow it. I am not saying neither players nor clubs are at fault per se, but managers should follow whatever the official way of breaking contracts and then sign a new one. Ma'a's transfer has been going on for a few months now, why haven't they tried to find a common ground and waited until the last minute? FIVB should be taking more severe action towards the faulty part so that this should be prevented.

• Well, for me the weird part is that Halkbank - because this is a club that we're talking about, right? - can't/don't want to pay some decent salary to GKS for termination of a contract. In the statement, GKS Katowice said that they discussed conditions of this termination, but Ma'a didn't agree on their request and send them an email that he's terminating contract on its own due to unprofessional behavior of the club. Halkbank was able to pay buyout clause for Nimir (one of the best OPPs in the world), GKS Katowice has like ~10th budget in a league at best, so besides greedy managers and weak behavior of the players - the clubs should be punished as well in such situations.

• I just want to clear out the fact that I am not defending anyone. In fact, I suggested that whoever is at fault, it should be punished. I also want to point out that most of the time managers are to blame because they should be the one who should protect their players.

• Not sure where to post this but Ma’a did not show up for trainings in Katowice and they have started disciplinary process and contacted FIVB. It looks like they have also started looking for a replacement.

Approved by Taylor Sander:thumbdown:

• It happens every year, Fivb does nothing. Ziraatbank had to transfer 2 players to replace Clevenot who signed with JW while having a valid contract. JW was in need cause Urnaut signed with Russian club while having a valid contract with Polish club. Lol. Such an amateur management by Fivb.

• It happens every year, Fivb does nothing. Ziraatbank had to transfer 2 players to replace Clevenot who signed with JW while having a valid contract. JW was in need cause Urnaut signed with Russian club while having a valid contract with Polish club. Lol. Such an amateur management by Fivb.

It's not an amateur management, they just get paid for every international transfer, the bigger mess, the happier they are, lol.

And you know what? ALL the players you are mentioning (+ Tillie who moved from JW to China) have the same agent:wall:.

• Technically, whenever a player is transferred to any team, you can see when the transfer (or loan) is good until in a section of the FIVB website (must be a named user to see it, and I got to see them when I was writing for FIVB as I was a named user at the time.)

To look at probably more details, you would need more access. I do not know if the details of the contracts are included in that section, because it really only showed player and clubs (transferred from and to) and the dates of the contract start and end.

• Wrong thread?

According to the rumors, Anderson, Muagututia or Esfandiar are under consideration of Zaksa for Semeniuk's replacement. If this is correct, this situation looks bad since Anderson is probably waaaay too expensive.

I watched few Iran`s matches on VNL and from this 3 players Esfandiar was really impressiv, but I wonder how he could fit to Zaksa.

• I kinda think this rumor could turn out to be true because he shared some anti-war posts on social media, and if my memory serves me well, he was absent from that moment on for a while. Those details make me think he could leave Russia.

Klikua finally played for Zenit's first game in Spartakiad, so all these rumors are false lol

• Now, I doubt whether Modena still wants Zhang Jing-yin though I still don't think that at least, he is worse than Pope.

Of course, I'm Chinese.

I just give my own opinion.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan