2022 Men's Volleyball Nations League

• When people get jealous, they speak nonsense.

The only reason why Volleyball World has pushed more about Ran Takahashi or Yuji Nishida because they have more views. If you look at FIVB website or their news, you clearly will notice that they shift their focus on digital platform heavily recent years. The average viewership of Japan highlight is over 300K when other teams are hardly reach 10K averagely.

Don't complain about it. All you can do is to share videos that derserve more promotion to your frinds/colleagues/relatives/communities to drive more views. Share on your social medias. When the viewership goes up, Volleyball World will push it.

You want Wilfredo Leon to be more discussed? Did anyone start a new thread about his surgery or about his performance? No. You just don't care to discuss it youself. You think a simple post can draw huge attention? A little stone can't make huge waves. Stop complaining, change start from you.

• I don’t think it is well deserved at all. What have they done to deserve it? All volleyball world does on social media is promoting Japanese players and it is not like they won anything in Europe. That volleywood guy is a total disappointment.

Why would they win anything from Europe when they are not European to begin with? 🙄

• It's funny that in the world of volleyball there is a rapture over Japan. Poland is the leader of the FIVB ranking and there is silence :wavy:

• It's funny that in the world of volleyball there is a rapture over Japan. Poland is the leader of the FIVB ranking and there is silence :wavy:

The Japanese boys are bringing the revenue up with their legion of fans from all over Asia. It's like saying the Thai girls don't deserve the media hype given the FIVB since they haven't won anything outside Southeast Asia.

If Leon is only marketable... Giannelli by the way is also always featured because he is MARKETABLE.

• when people watch Italian league and see "the most marketable player" is just riding the bench in the 11th team, they start to notice the facts.

Bringing racism when people compare them with Leon is just LMAO.

Being "the most marketable player" doesn't mean "being the best player". It happens in every sport. You have players who are not in the very top of the sport but still getting more spotlight. You are stupid if you can't understand that.

• Uhm, everyone is aware why has Volleyball World promoted these Japanese players that much. Views and likes.

However, if official FIVB twitter profile sometimes looks like a stan account promoting not-top players more than top players, it may be irritating for those focusing on sports level, not on reach on social media, especially if this is taken out of proportion and (sometimes) counterfactual.

He had 20% positive reception and 38% in attack as a sub in that game :lol:, and the list of such examples goes and goes.

Takahashi's stans would be ,,wow, what a nice picture of Ran'', neutral fans would be ,,wait, why does FIVB profile share his IG photos'' and the Volleyball World TV accountant would be ,,$M$O$R$E $S$U$B$S$C$R$I$P$T$I$O$N$S :heart:".

But the discussion has started with saying that they (don't) deserve the hype they get, and I don't think anyone by ,,deserving'' in sports means quantification of likes on social media.

• Being "the most marketable player" doesn't mean "being the best player". It happens in every sport. You have players who are not in the very top of the sport but still getting more spotlight. You are stupid if you can't understand that.

You re nothing more than an idiot teen fan boy/girl so you can not understand my point. Better to keep watching haikyuu and sending love emojis to Ran rather than talking about real volleyball.

• Asia is a huge potential growth for volleyball compared to Europe especially in Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Philippines. You better be thankful to this kind of post that such league is getting traction outside Europe.

Ran is becoming the face of volleyball within the region and FIVB is just riding it. Plus, just because they feature him a lot doesn't mean you are the target market.

• Fortunately volleyball hasnt inveted with haikyuu and ishikawa :drink:

You attitude towards all the users who question the hype around Ran is so funny. When you get older, it will be funny to read for you as well.

You're a really hateful person, aren't you?

First Ran, now Haikyu!! (I googled it, this's the correct name) and Ishikawa. You hate everything that brings volleyball more popular.

I really hope I will have some time to watch Haikyu!! since I've never watched it. But you know what people hate the most on internet? Someone pretends to be a father to lecture people.

• Asia is a huge potential growth for volleyball compared to Europe especially in Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Philippines. You better be thankful to this kind of post that such league is getting traction outside Europe.

Yup, but again, no ones denies that from marketing point of view this is correct strategy, the question (at least before the kitty fight) was if they deserve such hype, and, well, for ,,deserving the hype'' most people in sports mean being good enough sports-wise for such promotion. In reality, Ishikawa had really average season in Milano due to health issues, Nishida's team got relegated partly because he got injured at some point and Takahashi got some playing time only because Padova had the worst libero in the league, as an OH he was a backup of Eric Loeppky (who's like the 4th-best Canadian OH). That is why them being the face of the Italian league this year was ,,undeserved'', and this is what f.e. Umu11 meant.

Your counter-argument is that they're simply popular and FIVB wants to earn money thanks to that, but thus we're using two difference currency systems. For me, it was both ridiculous and understandable (re: such promotion), both opinions doesn't contradict themselves.

• yes, fivb social media person needs someone better than him to teach. Otherwise they just destroying the quality of the sports. Same as you. Go and learn something like Brazilian team in early 2000s, some real volleyball.

Yeah, I remember I watched Marcos Milinkovic played. He's a legend for Argentina. Since then, No great opposite from Argentina ever. Again, don't lecture people especially when you know nothing about them.