2022 Men's Volleyball Nations League

• The VNL men’s match between China and France on 22 June has been cancelled after China confirmed they could not field a team for medical reasons.

The Chinese men’s national team is unable to field six players for the match, which was due to take place in the Philippines on 22 June, due to medical circumstances related to COVID-19. The FIVB and Volleyball World have therefore confirmed the cancellation of the match with an automatic forfeit for China giving France a 3-0 win”

https://en.volleyballworld.com…otocols-at-vnl-2022-x4910

• There is no thread for Challenger Cup so I'm posting this here

Czechia wont the Golden League, Turkey took the 2nd place. Both teams will compete in Challenger Cup. Do we know who else will play in Challenger Cup to qualify for VNL?

Edit: Cuba is playing in Challenger Cup as well.

Edit 2: South Korea is hosting the Challenger Cup, so they are playing too

• “The VNL men’s match between China and France on 22 June has been cancelled after China confirmed they could not field a team for medical reasons.

The Chinese men’s national team is unable to field six players for the match, which was due to take place in the Philippines on 22 June, due to medical circumstances related to COVID-19. The FIVB and Volleyball World have therefore confirmed the cancellation of the match with an automatic forfeit for China giving France a 3-0 win”

https://en.volleyballworld.com…otocols-at-vnl-2022-x4910

😭

• There is no thread for Challenger Cup so I'm posting this here

Czechia wont the Golden League, Turkey took the 2nd place. Both teams will compete in Challenger Cup. Do we know who else will play in Challenger Cup to qualify for VNL?

Okey a little bit search and found it lol

Teams who will compete in Challenger Cup

Cuba

Tunisia

Turkey

Qatar

Czechia

Chile

Korea(Host)

And last placed team in VNL 2022

Best ranked team (according to FIVB World Ranking) will match with worst ranked team except Korea will match with worst ranked team since they are the host.

So let's say Australia gets the last place in VNL

QF would look like this

Korea vs Australia

Cuba vs Chile

Tunus vs Czechia

Turkey vs Qatar

• Urnaut is 34yo, he definitely needs an easy treatment in VNL considering his age and bad season he had. Slovenia has no depth besides Stern on opposite position and outside of Mozic-Urnaut-Cebulj-Sket quartet at OH (but Cebulj got a break and Sket isn't in a squad for VNL). It's good for him to be introduce slowly to the game.

These combinations with Koncilja as OPP are weird tho, but I guess that's the level of trust Lebedew has to these guys from Slovenian league.

• I got to see only second half of the game and I could tell you I am neither sad for the loss nor for lack of main players, I am truly upset that this is not Slovenia we love to see. Yeah, missing players are big names and stuff, but I expected a better performance from this team because they still have good names on the roster.

• I am so sorry for China. To be honest, I do not follow them and I have seen them last week against Iran and Brazil after many years so I don't know about their potential, but this is still stupid of FIVB. How can you expect teams to travel all around the world every week and not have COVID?

• but I expected a better performance from this team because they still have good names on the roster.

Yup, but you may wonder whether Slovenia isn't in female Netherlands between 2015 and 2016 condition - Urnaut was terrible in Russia, Stern was so-so as a backup in Piacenza, Cebulj and Kozamernik were disappointing in Rzeszów, Vincic, Pajenk and Gasparini are old... Luckily for them, Mozic is a real deal, but so far he's the only Slovenian player playing well in VNL - today he didn't, so they flopped.

For me, they'll be either really great at WCH (real contender for a medal with Mozic) or done as a team (at least in this long-lasting lineup with Urnaut etc).

• I feel like USA should have stuck with Jake Haynes as their Opp. He has very high potential.

• The roster of China in Week 2:

S - Yu Yao-chen, Wang He-bin

OP - Zhang Guan-hua, Wang Jing-yi

OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Yuan Dang-yi, Zhang Bing-long

MB - Li Yong-zhen, Peng Shi-kun, Miao Ruan-tong, Jiang Zheng-yang

L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

only Wang Jing-yi (OP) replaced Liu Meng (S)

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan