2022 Men's Volleyball Nations League

• People definitely should start the conversation about their favorite players but Volleyball world, having the bigger platform should definitely also take some responsibility in diversifying the interest on volleyball. not just focus on a team or players that doesn't even reflect a very high level of volleyball. they have the platform here. I noticed that they actively promote men's volleyball like asking the Italian team to speak Filipino when they don't even devote just a SINGLE post similar to it with the women's team.

• Thanks for your little advice. Look how desperate you are to lecture people in every post.

The marketing side is reasonable but I hope Volleyball balances it so that it doesn't become like a fandom based only on looks and not actual volleyball skills, for example, when Arina Fedorovtseva got hyped, CEV started posting more about her too. but she really does got hyped due to her volleyball skills and not because she's pretty. You go to watch her for the hype then stay the entire match because she does bring in the volleyball. These kind of things are important because we would like FIVB to expand in places where volleyball skills are really valued and not just players that look cute. they might as well hire commercial models to have VB matches.

• People definitely should start the conversation about their favorite players but Volleyball world, having the bigger platform should definitely also take some responsibility in diversifying the interest on volleyball. not just focus on a team or players that doesn't even reflect a very high level of volleyball. they have the platform here. I noticed that they actively promote men's volleyball like asking the Italian team to speak Filipino when they don't even devote just a SINGLE post similar to it with the women's team.

“A team or players that doesn’t even a very high level of volleyball” just won the match against the reigning European champion right before this post:whistle:

I do agree that FIVB should have made their marketing campaigns more diversified, but the current Japan team isn’t a weak team as some claimed, and they gained their popularity for a reason.

• “A team or players that doesn’t even a very high level of volleyball” just won the match against the reigning European champion right before this post:whistle:

I do agree that FIVB should have made their marketing campaigns more diversified, but the current Japan team isn’t a weak team as some claimed, and they gained their popularity for a reason.

oh. I'm referring to specific players like Ran. let's not pretend like Japan would be as popular now if Haikyu didn't exist. They are literally being compared to it. It's actually a problem in Japan right now. The women's side is losing sponsors while the men's are getting a free advertisement from volleyball world. I remember FIVB doing the cringe equality Tshirt thing last VNL, only to just hype up the men's team and don't even make an effort for women's teams.

• It's actually a problem in Japan right now. The women's side is losing sponsors while the men's are getting a free advertisement from volleyball world. I remember FIVB doing the cringe equality Tshirt thing last VNL, only to just hype up the men's team and don't even make an effort for women's teams.

Is this really true? If yes, that's sad for the JWNVT, they used to be the 'more famous' compared to the men's team

• Nishida and Ishikawa deserve the hype because they back it up. 28 and 20 points respectively.

I only know Ran from the hype so when you watch the match statistics it is underwhelming. 8 points in 5 sets.

I guess his strength is reception, but there his stats are not better than Ishikawa. Succesful digs are also low.

• Both sides of this can be true

the hype of the Japanese players can help grow the game but at the same time VBW is going overboard with it and other athletes/teams are not receiving equal exposure at their expense

VBW is a media company and that in itself is a bit problematic. Especially since they’re the de facto FIVB presence.

Only having one/a few? People run the account isn’t a successful long term growth strategy, especially when it’s run towards stans and not towards fans.

• oh. I'm referring to specific players like Ran. let's not pretend like Japan would be as popular now if Haikyu didn't exist. They are literally being compared to it. It's actually a problem in Japan right now. The women's side is losing sponsors while the men's are getting a free advertisement from volleyball world. I remember FIVB doing the cringe equality Tshirt thing last VNL, only to just hype up the men's team and don't even make an effort for women's teams.

VBW struck gold with Ran due to "supply" and "demand" specially here in PH, there are a LOT of female teenagers to middle aged women with raging hormones and man, they really get crazy with simping and all. Therefore they have the perfect poster boy in Ran. Even with our local vb players, they always go about looks or shipping (which hopefully don't go in international level because it's a different level of cringe).

• Both sides of this can be true

the hype of the Japanese players can help grow the game but at the same time VBW is going overboard with it and other athletes/teams are not receiving equal exposure at their expense

VBW is a media company and that in itself is a bit problematic. Especially since they’re the de facto FIVB presence.

Only having one/a few? People run the account isn’t a successful long term growth strategy, especially when it’s run towards stans and not towards fans.

problem with volleyballworld is their social media manager is already a Japan men's team stan. maybe they should bring in someone more neutral. haha.

• oh. I'm referring to specific players like Ran. let's not pretend like Japan would be as popular now if Haikyu didn't exist. They are literally being compared to it. It's actually a problem in Japan right now. The women's side is losing sponsors while the men's are getting a free advertisement from volleyball world. I remember FIVB doing the cringe equality Tshirt thing last VNL, only to just hype up the men's team and don't even make an effort for women's teams.

Haikyu has been around like for a decade already, the Japan men’s team got popular in recent 2-3 years not because of the cartoon, but because of the breakthrough results they’ve achieved.
    Their women’s team otoh was in a slump in the last OG cycle, it’s fair that the men’s team got more attention in this circumstance. They seem to be back on the right track now, let’s see how it’d go if they could achieve some results in the coming WCH.

Anyway, it’s way off topic and just back to the VNL games pls.

• VBW struck gold with Ran due to "supply" and "demand" specially here in PH, there are a LOT of female teenagers to middle aged women with raging hormones and man, they really get crazy with simping and all. Therefore they have the perfect poster boy in Ran. Even with our local vb players, they always go about looks or shipping (which hopefully don't go in international level because it's a different level of c

VBW struck gold with Ran due to "supply" and "demand" specially here in PH, there are a LOT of female teenagers to middle aged women with raging hormones and man, they really get crazy with simping and all. Therefore they have the perfect poster boy in Ran. Even with our local vb players, they always go about looks or shipping (which hopefully don't go in international level because it's a different level of cringe).

I used to like Japan men's team but the excessive social media hype turned me off. hahaha. I'm actually more impressed with their women's team.

• I used to like Japan men's team but the excessive social media hype turned me off. hahaha. I'm actually more impressed with their women's team.

I liked JPN because of somewhat "underdog" factor due to them not being tall enough compared to other teams, but tbf anyone can be a poster boy as long as they got the same hype/promotion Ran is getting. All of them looks unreal in person, like they can have one poster boy in each team and "vb fans" will eat it up.

• I liked JPN because of somewhat "underdog" factor due to them not being tall enough compared to other teams, but tbf anyone can be a poster boy as long as they got the same hype/promotion Ran is getting. All of them looks unreal in person, like they can have one poster boy in each team and "vb fans" will eat it

VBworld could post a bit more of the other teams for sure not just Japan all the time.