2022 Men's Volleyball Nations League

• Where did you get this? Or you just made it up , don’t you? Thailand just hosted a FIVB Beach Pro Tour event & an AVC U18 Girl Championship this year.

Or the time it took you to type your comment, you could have verified it.

they are banned from hosting international events (national teams) for a year by WADA. It will be lifted next month

• Or the time it took you to type your comment, you could have verified it.

they are banned from hosting international events (national teams) for a year by WADA. It will be lifted next month

WADA already lifted its ban on Thailand back in February.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/…tail/TCATG220206100320002

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/ne…nd-world-anti-doping-code

Thailand then hosted international events like Thomas Cup & Thailand Open of BWF (Badminton World Federation) earlier this year, if you think the FIVB beach volleyball tournament or the AVC U18 Champ aren’t international events. (In fact if the ban was still in place, Thailand couldn’t even host anregional event like the AVC one).

• Yeah, they're milking the cow, so to speak. And, yes, people crushing on Bosnjak was odd and admittedly a face palm moment. I kept rolling my eyes while the howls were ongoing.

But there were some beautiful moments, though, when, for instance, everyone started doing Italy's chant, "Italia! Italia! Italia!" I actually thought that only people who had watched international volleyball would know that chant. And then when Slovenia was serving and nobody knew what to chant, they did that European style clap that crescendos until the server makes contact with the ball.

there are solid fans out there, w/ PH fans they just mimic what others are doing, even the clapping before the serve for SLO. But for some reason the Nippon cheer is much clearer during the women's game compared when the men's team played, it's more of like random screeching/screaming from fan girls or because there was a huge chinese crowd during the JPN v CHN women's game :lol:

• there are solid fans out there, w/ PH fans they just mimic what others are doing, even the clapping before the serve for SLO. But for some reason the Nippon cheer is much clearer during the women's game compared when the men's team played, it's more of like random screeching/screaming from fan girls or because there was a huge chinese crowd during the JPN v CHN women's game :lol:

The fandom in women's volleyball is better in the sense that people actually cheer for the team and the volleyball, not the cutesy player who looks like a kpop.

• According to players' Instagram,
    Team USA is at Hirakata, using Panasonic Panther 's facility

Team Argentina is at Satsumasendai, the same place they used to prepare Tokyo Olympics.
    Team France is in Okinawa, also they same place they used to prepare Tokyo Olympics.

Team Germany is still in the Philippines

• Week 3 Roster of Serbia

TEHNIČARI: NIKOLA JOVOVIĆ (DINAMO LO, SOSNOVI BOR, RUSIJA) I VUK TODOROVIĆ (ACH VOLEJ LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIJA).

KOREKTORI: ALEKSANDAR ATANASIJEVIĆ (SKRA BELHATOV, POLJSKA) I BOŽIDAR VUČIĆEVIĆ (HALKBANK ANKARA, TURSKA).

LIBERA: LAZAR KOPRIVICA (RADNIČKI DOO, KRAGUJEVAC) I NIKOLA PEKOVIĆ (FRIDRIHSHAFEN, NEMAČKA).

BLOKERI: MARKO PODRAŠČANIN (TRENTINO, ITALIJA), SREĆKO LISINAC (TRENTINO, ITALIJA), PETAR KRSMANOVIĆ (KUZBAS KEMEROVO, RUSIJA) I NEMANJA MAŠULOVIĆ (ACH VOLEJ LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIJA).

PRIMAČI: NEMANJA PETRIĆ (BELOGORJE BELGOROD, RUSIJA), MIRAN KUJUNDŽIĆ (PARIZ VOLEJ, FRANCUSKA), PAVLE PERIĆ (OLIMPIJAKOS PIREJ, GRČKA) I MILAN KATIĆ (MONCA, ITALIJA)

• Week 3 Italia

-------------------

Palleggiatori: Simone Giannelli, Riccardo Sbertoli.

Centrali: Simone Anzani, Lorenzo Cortesia, Gianluca Galassi, Roberto Russo.

Schiacciatori: Mattia Bottolo, Oreste Cavuto, Daniele Lavia, Alessandro Michieletto.

Opposti: Yuri Romanò, Ivan Zaytsev.

Liberi: Fabio Balaso, Leonardo Scanferla.

-----------------------------------------------

Pinali, Ricci, and Piccinelli are out

• volleyball word's one sided approach in marketing the men's side excessively over the women's side is ridiculous. They're obviously counting on thirst trap teenagers screaming for the man bulges other than actual volleyball. and then they ran this cringe concept of equality jersey (last year) for woke points but then continue to under market the women's side of the sport. ridiculous.

I'm sure FIVB eyes are bulging out of its sockets with the new free marketing venue. just sing praises to these foreign validation hungry countries and they will do the talking for you.

30a.gif

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Trolls from the deep end of the mariana trench. You guys should be thankful her friend hasn't spammed this thread yet.

Instead of labelling people trolls, go polish your argument for discussion not act like a child. "I don't like their opinion and I can't rebut them so i'll just call them trolls."

If you can't take other people's opinion, you get out.

• U.S. Men’s National Team Roster for Round 3 of
    2022 Volleyball Nations League

No. Player (Position, Height, Hometown, College, USAV Region)
    2 Aaron Russell (OH, 6-9, Ellicott City, Md., Penn State, Chesapeake)
    4 Jeff Jendryk (MB, 6-10, Wheaton, Ill., Loyola Univ. Chicago, Great Lakes)
    5 Kyle Ensing (OPP, 6-7, Valencia, Calif., Long Beach State Univ., Southern California)
    6 Mitch Stahl (MB, 6-8, Chambersburg, Pa., UCLA, Keystone)
    8 T.J. DeFalco (OH, 6-5, Huntington Beach, Calif., Long Beach State Univ., Southern California)
    9 Jake Hanes (OPP, 6-10, Orland Park, Ill., Ohio State Univ., Great Lakes)
    10 Kyle Dagostino (L, 5-9, Tampa, Florida, Stanford Univ., Florida)
    11 Micah Christenson (S, 6-5, Honolulu, Hawaii, Univ. of Southern California, Aloha)
    16 Josh Tuaniga (S, 6-3, Long Beach, Calif., Long Beach State Univ., Southern California)
    18 Garrett Muagututia (OH, 6-5, Oceanside, Calif., UCLA, Southern California)
    20 David Smith (MB, 6-7, Saugus, Calif., Univ. of California Irvine, Southern California)
    22 Erik Shoji (L, 6-0, Honolulu, Hawaii, Stanford Univ., Aloha)
    23 Cody Kessel (OH, 6-5, Colorado Springs, Colo., Princeton Univ., Rocky Mountain)
    27 Tyler Mitchem (MB, 6-11, Bolingbrook, Ill., Lewis Univ., Great Lakes)