CEV U19 Volleyball European Championship 2022 | Women

• yes she's so good,i don't know why she isn't considered in NT

And i hope ituma change to oh,she's bad as opp

• yes she's so good,i don't know why she isn't considered in NT

And i hope ituma change to oh,she's bad as opp

Exactly,for some reason she hasn't play any international games so far despite being the best MB of the generation. I think she is what NT need, who has aggressive slide attack and decent block. Chirichella need a young backup MB in NT, considering Lubian is a lost cause.

Let's see how Ituma performs in U19, I don't have high hope for her as opp anyway.....

• Exactly,for some reason she hasn't play any international games so far despite being the best MB of the generation. I think she is what NT need, who has aggressive slide attack and decent block. Chirichella need a young backup MB in NT, considering Lubian is a lost cause.

Let's see how Ituma performs in U19, I don't have high hope for her as opp anyway.....

She decided to try OPP because of her incredible strength. There was big expectations for her.

• Exactly,for some reason she hasn't play any international games so far despite being the best MB of the generation. I think she is what NT need, who has aggressive slide attack and decent block. Chirichella need a young backup MB in NT, considering Lubian is a lost cause.

Lubian is a lost cause? you're jocking i hope!!! Marina Luabian was excellent this vnl and is joining the italian roster for the senior Wchp 2022.

• I'm really surprise why is not Adigwe Merit in this group, eventhough she is just 15 years old, she is already a good opposite, certainly with her as opposite and Ituma as a wing spiker this italian group will be very powerful.

She's an under-ager, and with Ituma you play either with receiving opposite or with Ituma as an opposite.

• Lubian is a lost cause? you're jocking i hope!!! Marina Luabian was excellent this vnl and is joining the italian roster for the senior Wchp 2022.

This is kind of off topic but i would say Lubian once was a promising MB for Italy and then turned out to be a so so player with terrible blocking. Her blocking is pure terrible,,, she has one of the worst blocking statistic among MBs in seria A. That's why Mazzanti didn't bring her to any big competition since 2019. I think Mazzanti only brings her to WCH this year simply because Fahr is injured and the team need a serving substitute. She is young and still have time to improve but i don't see any chance she could start in NT one day as long as her blocking remain the same.

• she was good for his category but this a another level

You guys are too quick to judge. The girl is 17yo and she's not that bad as OPP. I'd agree, tho, that she's better off as non-receiving OH because her spiking ability from the left side is just better and because it's what Italy needs. I hope she can be included in the wider roster for the VNL next year. Also hoping that Antropova could that too (not sure if restoring her Italia sports nationality is enough to play for NT?). That would give Egonu a well-needed break and test if Antropova really is thr next big thing.

• In that case, the reception would be hell..... Ituma needs a receiving opp to support her as opp.

If they play the way they did at the EYOF, that won't be the case. Ituma played as a pure OPP and Viscioni was converted to an OH. I would rather have Merit as backup OPP (just like they did with Ituma for the WCH u20 last year) with the U19 given how much potential she's shown already. That would also give Vighetto the opportunity to show her skills. She was the MVP of the Italan U16 and played great, but when it comes to NT she has always played badly so far.

• You guys are too quick to judge. The girl is 17yo and she's not that bad as OPP. I'd agree, tho, that she's better off as non-receiving OH because her spiking ability from the left side is just better and because it's what Italy needs. I hope she can be included in the wider roster for the VNL next year. Also hoping that Antropova could that too (not sure if restoring her Italia sports nationality is enough to play for NT?). That would give Egonu a well-needed break and test if Antropova really is thr next big thing.

I have no doubt Antropova is the next big thing. For the last season, she is the second best opp in Seria A after Egonu. Apart from having the second best attacking successful/efficiency rate, she is the best opp in term of serving and blocking. And she done that when she was just 18 y/o. Hopefully, she could play for Italian NT soon, such good talent should shine on international competitions.

• If they play the way they did at the EYOF, that won't be the case. Ituma played as a pure OPP and Viscioni was converted to an OH. I would rather have Merit as backup OPP (just like they did with Ituma for the WCH u20 last year) with the U19 given how much potential she's shown already. That would also give Vighetto the opportunity to show her skills. She was the MVP of the Italan U16 and played great, but when it comes to NT she has always played badly so far.

I think the backup opp for Ituma did good in EYOF when she came in the court. Merit definitely have a bright future, maybe we will see her in the WCH U20 next year like they did with Ituma.

As for Vighetto, i saw her played in the Italian U16 too and she did great. But opp like her that has mediocre jumping ability is not gonna work in international level.(Same goes to Diop. Antropova has the height of 202 cm to compensate that). That girl jumps like Diouf. She reminds me of Giacomello of the 2004 generation.

Sorry for all the early judgement tho. I really hope Ituma could make it as opp or OH. She is a rare Italian player who combines height, jump ability and powerful strength, would be a pity to see her "waste" these talents.

• I have no doubt Antropova is the next big thing. For the last season, she is the second best opp in Seria A after Egonu. Apart from having the second best attacking successful/efficiency rate, she is the best opp in term of serving and blocking. And she done that when she was just 18 y/o. Hopefully, she could play for Italian NT soon, such good talent should shine on international competitions.

She did have a great first season at Serie A1. She could've even be way up in the stats had she player from the start of the season. Even Guidetti mentioned how much potential Antropova has. But she need to maintain that level and up to get to the next level. Having her and Egonu as options for the OPP is just the nicest problem to have. Maybe they can make her play as OH (Barbolini said her passing is decent)

• I think the backup opp for Ituma did good in EYOF when she came in the court. Merit definitely have a bright future, maybe we will see her in the WCH U20 next year like they did with Ituma.

As for Vighetto, i saw her played in the Italian U16 too and she did great. But opp like her that has mediocre jumping ability is not gonna work in international level.(Same goes to Diop. Antropova has the height of 202 cm to compensate that). That girl jumps like Diouf. She reminds me of Giacomello of the 2004 generation.

Sorry for all the early judgement tho. I really hope Ituma could make it as opp or OH. She is a rare Italian player who combines height, jump ability and powerful strength, would be a pity to see her "waste" these talents.

I disagree. Glinka also had a weird approach but she was one of the very best. She also wasn't your typical super athletic player. Vighetto has good blocking and serving skills. She just needs more consistency. Hope she can develop those skills and become a good OPP.

As for Diop, she's a decent player but for me Frosini is way better un every skill.

Cut Ituma some slack. The girl is jus 17yo and had been compared to Egonu since she was 14. That's a heavy burden to carry.

• I disagree. Glinka also had a weird approach but she was one of the very best. She also wasn't your typical super athletic player.

I don't know this Italian girl, but Glinka was a physical freak, maybe not in terms of pure vertical jump, but her strength in peak was at that time basically unparalleled, so I wouldn't compare almost anyone to her. Unless that was a comparison with Ituma, there are similarities as both are/were heavy hitters, but Glinka from the early on was able to receive at some passable level, and that's not a case with JI.

Never gets bored.

The problem with this Italian team from last year's U18 WCH is that this sytem with Ituma as OH and Visconti (Viscioni? sry) as OPP was very short-sighted since both: non-receiving OH and receiving-fake OPP roles are very rare in pro volleyball, I guess that's a reason of this whole change.

• I agree she was a strong spiker and as I mentioned one of the very best but she had a weird or non common approach. Same goes Ituma. Vighetto has a similar approach but that doesn't mean she cannot become a great OPP in the future. I was referencing Glinka as those type of players.

• Nice video BTW, What a beast !!

It's Viscioni.

good match between italy and netherlands

Nl win 3rd set but italy 2-1 ahead

Do you know how is the criteria of qualificqtion for european champs?

I think even the head coach of under-age team, Mencarelli, is not so sure himself. He made Ituma play OH for the whole season in Club Italia in A2 and four months ago in the qualification competitions Ituma played OH. Then suddenly 3 months later, Ituma played OPP again in EYOF(with different coach). Curious how she will play in U19 tho.

• Setters:

NINA MANDOVIĆ (TENT, OBRENOVAC)

ELENA BAIĆ (SPARTAK, SUBOTICA)

Opposite Spikers:

JOVANA ZELENOVIĆ (JEDINSTVO, STARA PAZOVA)

ANJA ZUBIĆ (PARTIZAN)

ANASTASIJA IVKOVIĆ (STERIJA, BEOGRAD)

Liberos:

STEFANA PAKIĆ (TENT, OBRENOVAC)

DINA ŽUPIĆ (NOVI PAZAR)

Blockers:

HENA KURTAGIĆ (TENT, OBRENOVAC)

IVA ŠUĆUROVIĆ (OMLADINAC, NOVI BANOVCI)

MAŠA KIROV (BEOGRAD)

Outside Hitters:

ALEKSANDRA UZELAC (ŽELEZNIČAR, LAJKOVAC)

KSENIJA TOMIĆ (PARTIZAN)

UNA VAJAGIĆ (OMLADINAC, NOVI BANOVCI)

BOJANA POPOVIĆ (TENT, OBRENOVAC)