CEV U19 Volleyball European Championship 2022 | Women

• If we count the matches both here and at Balkan Championship, it's nine 3-0 wins. Not to jinx, but this might be the one junior competition Italy does not win this summer (maybe they didn't win literally all of them, I don't know, but it certainly felt that way).

• If we count the matches both here and at Balkan Championship, it's nine 3-0 wins. Not to jinx, but this might be the one junior competition Italy does not win this summer (maybe they didn't win literally all of them, I don't know, but it certainly felt that way).

Yup, not only they've already won U17, U22 and EYOF in U19 category in female events - Italy also has won U18, EYOF U-20 and U-22 in male competition, this is crazy, they definitely take advantage of Russian absence at junior level.

• Fun fact

Both Aleksandra Uzelac and Maja Ognjenovic are born in Zrenjanin. :)

Also Jovana Brakočević and Brižitka Molnar. And of course, the best Serbian female athlete of all times, Ivana Španović. It's kinda crazy that such a relatively small town can produce so many champions. Also, the Grbić brothers are born in the vicinity.

About this time, it seems like the MB position will be well covered in the future with Iva Šućurović also coming up with the goods.

• Also Jovana Brakočević and Brižitka Molnar. And of course, the best Serbian female athlete of all times, Ivana Španović. It's kinda crazy that such a relatively small town can produce so many champions. Also, the Grbić brothers are born in the vicinity.

About this time, it seems like the MB position will be well covered in the future with Iva Šućurović also coming up with the goods.

• Yup, not only they've already won U17, U22 and EYOF in U19 category in female events - Italy also has won U18, EYOF U-20 and U-22 in male competition, this is crazy, they definitely take advantage of Russian absence at junior level.

For girl, it's U21. Italy won the inaugural CEV U21 championship. I don't really see the point of this competition btw, i would rather see loveth omoruyi play in VNL. But hey, one more gold medal for this generation doesn't hurt.

There is still another competition (WEVZA U17 Qualification) though where Italian girls fall behind and ended up at 4th. Belgium took gold.

• yeah wevza was more like a qualification tournament and not a championship but even it is not good at all but ituma generation ended 4th in an european and then she appeared

• yeah wevza was more like a qualification tournament and not a championship but even it is not good at all but ituma generation ended 4th in an european and then she appeared

The 04/05 generation ended 4th in U17 was a disappointing result. Then Mencarelli almost replaced the whole starting line-up in the next year U18.

Adigwe Merit was not initially recruited in U16, then was scouted by Mencarelli, now she dominated in the CEV U17 championship.

What a master behind all the achievements of U- Competitions.

• The 04/05 generation ended 4th in U17 was a disappointing result. Then Mencarelli almost replaced the whole starting line-up in the next year U18.

Adigwe Merit was not initially recruited in U16, then was scouted by Mencarelli, now she dominated in the CEV U17 championship.

What a master behind all the achievements of U- Competitions.

He did mentioned that not long ago he changed his approach to selecting players and rather on basing it on technical abilities, they consider in a huge part the physical component.

Tbh I don't really care if they end up last as long a they show progress and a few [1-2 or more if lucky] can make it to the NT and play at a high level.

• He did mentioned that not long ago he changed his approach to selecting players and rather on basing it on technical abilities, they consider in a huge part the physical component.

Tbh I don't really care if they end up last as long a they show progress and a few [1-2 or more if lucky] can make it to the NT and play at a high level.

I think it is a good approach, a lot of technically strong but short players shine at youth competitions and then they fade away at senior level

• another serbia vs italy final it seems

Netherlands give a good fight to italy in wevza so who knows

I see this serbian team the favourite with experienced and talented players....italy is not delivering as expected this year....ituma so shaky,i expected more from atamah and viscione in not a good shape

• italy won easily 3-0

Ituma doesn't surprise me,she still has a lot to learn....i wasn't for she going to A1,she wasn't as antropova that destroyed there and then move to A1

I hope she improves for the final

• I am watching Serbia - Poland. I've never watched these girls, I like polish setter Janicka and OH Staniszewska, she's amazing, but Serbia is going to win in my opinion, because they are much stronger physically. Very Good Generation for Serbia.