Brazil NT 2022

• Week 1

S: Bruno, Cachopa

OP: Alan, Franco Paese

OH: Lucarelli, Adriano, Vaccari, Rodriguinho

MB: Lucas, Isac, Flavio, Aracaju

L: Thales, Maique

• To be honest, I'm kinda unsure about the future of Brazil volleyball. They do have youth programs but based from the current underage tournaments, they underperformed unlike the past batches. Lucas, Bruno, and the squad is getting older.

meanwhile their contemporaries in Europe and America had great sets of new players[Russia/USA] .

I read somewhere that Roberto Guimares (on women's) that he has a project that trains young girls and prepare them for the next generation.

Barueri, the reason Ze Roberto did not leave Brazil to be coach in EU. Fenerbahce and another club in EU tried to get him but he declined

• Maybe Renan should have invited Arthur, Samuel, Lukas Bergmann, Carlos to train with NT

• As said before, Lucarelli is out due to an injury. Birigui is replacing him.

• Barueri, the reason Ze Roberto did not leave Brazil to be coach in EU. Fenerbahce and another club in EU tried to get him but he declined

That's actually great. He's building from ground up [which Brazil should be doing, considering that European Federations invested heavily on youth program, most notably Italy and Russia, their youngsters are good as fu*k].

• I have a question. Will Renan recall Wallace for WCH as Alan is injured?

Maybe Felipe Roque or Franco.

Based on his IG story, Wallace is not in Japan

• Maybe Felipe Roque or Franco.

Based on his IG story, Wallace is not in Japan

He asked about the WCH. Wallace has not been called to play the VNL, so he is of course not in Japan.

• Wallace says he will be ready in a month if National team needs him.

So safe to say, he will be back for WCH? Darlan is impressive so far in VNL, but the experience Wallace brings to Opp position is unquestionable.

• So safe to say, he will be back for WCH? Darlan is impressive so far in VNL, but the experience Wallace brings to Opp position is unquestionable.

Darlan is a decent talent and has had already some great flashes, but he definitely lacks all-round versatility to play on a level that Brazil aspires to, he had like 1 ace and 3 blocks in 6 matches, that's not a contribution you'd expect from an opposite. The question is if Wallace is able to provide anything more than in Tokyo, but he was great in last year's VNL and Brazil just caught themselves out of shape in the worst moment during OT, so we'll see, perhaps he is. But his presence all things considered would be more than helpful, in my humble opinion, regardless of his role, so I agree on the latter.

• Well, I started this thread, so I might as well post the last relevant news of the season. Won't be updating on this team any further though.

Squad for the WCH is out with 15 names. 1 is gonna be cut, of course.

S: Bruno, Cachopa

OPP: Wallace, Darlan, Roque

OH: Leal, Lucarelli, Adriano, Rodriguinho

MB: Lucão, Isac, Flávio, Aracaju

L: Thales, Maique

• Isac (MB) won't be at the WCH!

CBV released this:

A spinal problem, diagnosed a few years ago, took MB Isac out of the World Championships, from August 26 to September 11, in Poland and Slovenia. The decision on the cut was taken jointly by the player and the coaching staff of the men's team this Thursday.

Central Léo will be called by coach Renan Dal Zotto .

"It's a difficult time, but it was a rational decision, taken together with the coaching staff. I've been dealing with this problem in the spine for some time, and now I feel more difficult to give my 100%. Of course I would like to compete in the WCH, defend the Brazilian team in this important competition. But it's time to think about my health. I want to focus on treatment and recover to come back at my best", says Isac.

"The decision to make the cut was taken together with the athlete, prioritizing Isac's health. It's an issue he's had for some time and is dealing with", explained Felipe Malzac, doctor for the men's team.

• Yeah, Maicon has been playing as MB for a few weeks now. It's probably better for him in the long-term.

Honestly the team could've taken it to a tiebreak today, PR wasn't that great but the age difference counted in the end. That being said, I like Samuel (OPP) a lot -- for a 17yo kid, he's really good.

Why is Bergmann playing OH? Isn't he a MB?

Nah, he's an OH/OPP.

• Brazilian media reported today that Maurício Souza, former MB of the NT, was arrested in November of last year for unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition. He got released after paying a R$1k fine. He'd buried the info until now when he had to present documents in order to become a candidate for a government seat (of course).

Absolute human garbage.