Brazil NT 2022

• Brazilian media reported today that Maurício Souza, former MB of the NT, was arrested in November of last year for unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition. He got released after paying a R$1k fine. He'd buried the info until now when he had to present documents in order to become a candidate for a government seat (of course).

Absolute human garbage.

I just saw this from WofVolley. Dude is a total moron. He's like the Brazilian equivalent of a redneck. It's kinda scary that he might turn out to be something even more despicable.

• Did Bolsonaro encourage him to get into politics so they can both be national clowns? Mauricio might be the hardest fall from grace in volleyball history. He needs to tread carefully though his misplaced hubris and bElieFs!!!!! will only land him in hotter waters.

• S: Bruno, Cachopa

OPP: Wallace, Darlan, Roque

OH: Leal, Lucarelli, Adriano, Rodriguinho

MB: Lucão, Flávio, Aracaju

L: Thales, Maique

Final squad for the WCH. Léo of course was cut. I wish them an ounce of luck.

• Roster choices of Renan are getting even more bizarre, but the funniest part will be if Brazil peaks at the right time, gets a decent result and Renan will be free to make choices like that till Paris. He may be regardless tho.

Brazil U-20 lost every game at Pan-American Cup: on the one hand, there's some development in comparison to last year's U19 event in overall performance, because some games were quite fine considering age gap, on the other hand, I was a bit disappointed in Arthur considering he's the one being the top player on paper, and he was pretty average overall. At least the height is very fine within this group of players considering how tall these guys are, but technique-wise this is definitely not a level of top junior teams. Looking on the bright side, you can learn how to receive, but you can't learn to be tall, so I see some potential there. I wonder how Brazilian coaches will accommodate Maicon, because he gives me Renan Buiatti vibe (extremely tall and not completely unathletic, so he'll have a decent career as a pro, but not necessarily international-level of career): he played as both MB and OH, was awful at the net as a MB, and had some nice flashes as an OH. I thought once that Renan as a MB (like in juniors) could've been much better, but as a left-hander that would be weird, so that's why interesting what will happen to Maicon. Being that tall isn't a great feature for MB either in terms of quickness in movement while blocking (Lemański case in Poland), esp in nowadays volleyball, so we'll see.

• Going to a WCH with 3 MB's, with one of them being an injury prone (plus he is 36 y.o) and the other one is an average MB with almost 0 experience with NT, is just everything we expect that Renan can take out of his genious mind, unbelievable. I'll never get tired to say how much over I'm with this team, it takes too much for us, fans, to still standing for this staff.

• I'd been following this team religiously since like 2001 and this year was the first time I actually stopped watching their matches. Renan and his coaching team just destroyed it. I wouldn't even mind if they failed even more so that he could leave before Paris.

As for the U21 team, I think Thierry and Samuel have potential. Arthur seems to have a hand injury, so I won't hold his performances against him yet. The rest of the team though...

• Going to a WCH with 3 MB's, with one of them being an injury prone (plus he is 36 y.o) and the other one is an average MB with almost 0 experience with NT, is just everything we expect that Renan can take out of his genious mind, unbelievable. I'll never get tired to say how much over I'm with this team, it takes too much for us, fans, to still standing for this staff.

the karch special ;(

• Taking three opposites isn't that out of place considering Wallace hasn't practiced too much with NT and Darlan is a kiddo - the problem is Renan had to find a place for Felipe who even before ACL did nothing spectacular, so that's actually odd.

From the outside, I can certainly agree that there's nothing, besides Darlan getting a chance, to cheer for or have fun about with this team since Tokyo, so I can feel sorry for local fans since you have to be much more disappointed in seeing that. But it's still one of the best teams on paper, so I would be last to cross Brazil out.

• Taking three opposites isn't that out of place considering Wallace hasn't practiced too much with NT and Darlan is a kiddo - the problem is Renan had to find a place for Felipe who even before ACL did nothing spectacular, so that's actually odd.

From the outside, I can certainly agree that there's nothing, besides Darlan getting a chance, to cheer for or have fun about with this team since Tokyo, so I can feel sorry for local fans since you have to be much more disappointed in seeing that. But it's still one of the best teams on paper, so I would be last to cross Brazil out.

Taking Wallace and Darlan is reasonable, but Roque being there just makes no sense. He hasn't played a single match in well over a year, what the fuck is he even supposed to do?

Not that we have many up-and-coming talents rising up, but I'd at least get excited watching a new team with some new faces. There's no excitement anymore in watching Bruno, Lucão, Wallace, Lucarelli, Isac and Thales looking miserable on court for the 500th time.

• And as much as I find Otavio very average he can't be worse than Aracaju

• Léo got called. Again. Lucão twisted his ankle, so he'll travel to France soon. Possibly to be cut from the team for the third time.

Honestly, at this point this is just pathetic lmao

• Leo is not an option for WCH whatsoever, he'd be 4th MB at best if Renan wasn't Felipe lover (and Isac didn't get injured), the problem for Brazil is that they didn't look even slightly better than during VNL. Fortunately for Brazil, WCH is Olympics-like tournament, you can get into a shape for a week and win it all, so it's hard to cross out anyone within this system, but even France B in a 3rd set looked visually so much better today against Brazilian starters.

• they should be including new/younger players by now to prepare for Paris. Arent they?

• they should be including new/younger players by now to prepare for Paris. Arent they?

As much as I dislike Renan, Brazil doesn't have newcoming players ready to play at this moment in a starting lineup and both Darlan and Adriano got their chances in VNL (and Adriano at last year's continental champs). I'd go for Leo instead of Aracaju as a 3rd MB, and that's it.

Obviously, if Brazil won't get a decent result at WCH, then playing with veterans this season would be clueless, but objectively Renan is in very complicated spot with Brazil lacking depth/new blood ready to play on international level after all retirements/injuries.

• As much as I dislike Renan, Brazil doesn't have newcoming players ready to play at this moment in a starting lineup and both Darlan and Adriano got their chances in VNL (and Adriano at last year's continental champs). I'd go for Leo instead of Aracaju as a 3rd MB, and that's it.

Obviously, if Brazil won't get a decent result at WCH, then playing with veterans this season would be clueless, but objectively Renan is in very complicated spot with Brazil lacking depth/new blood ready to play on international level after all retirements/injuries.

I think they should try out their U19 players like Samuel, Arthur, Lukas Bergmann etc

• Btw this new FIVB ranking is getting messy when Brazil lost next 20 PTS due to playing Panamerican Cup with U-20 team while it's always been an event for B teams. It won't have consequences for Brazil since they are still by a mile the highest classified team from the continent, but it doesnt make sense.

• Realista is right. Other than Léo and Adriano (question mark for both) plus Darlan, there are zero young players coming up. The guys from the U21 are all either too young or simply not that good. Just cause they're in the youth team doesn't mean they should be given a shot in the adult team, that's not how it works.

At least Bernardo managed to take the best out of the players he had regardless of conditions. Renan on the other hand is absolutely unable to do the same. We might be good with the women's NT for now, but I don't see the men's team playing for the top spots in any competition for the foreseeable future. Everything about them is off, both in and out of court.