Turkey - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi 2022/2023

• The League is starting with Kupa Voley on 21st, Friday.

Vakıfbank and Fenerbahçe won't play this round because they are the finalists of last year. They advanced to next stage.

You can find details here.

https://tvf-web.dataproject.com/CompetitionHome.aspx?ID=77

First day

Group A

Kuzeyboru vs Sigorta Shop - 21.10.2022 / 14:00

Eczacıbaşı vs Çukurova Bld. Adana Demirspor- 21.10.2022 / 17:00

Group B

Türk Hava Yolları vs İlbank - 21.10.2022 / 14:00

Aydın BBSK vs Bolu Belediyespor - 21.10.2022 / 17:00

Group C

Galatasaray vs Nilüfer Belediyespor - 21.10.2022 / 14:00

PTT Spor vs Sarıyer Belediyespor - 21.10.2022 / 17:00

• GS needs an opposite badly, though I hope they won't make another useless, panic transfer. Now with Daikin sponsoring them, they should wait for mid season if necessary to bring a better opposite. Until then, Anthi+Ilkin and the 3 middles should carry the score load. Last season, it was simply Anthi+Alexia doing that, now having 3-4 people should be enough to finish close to top 4.

It looks like even Aycin played as opposite in 5th set lol

• Game Day

• (i dont have an opinion on the matter)

but only one of those titles are actually worthy title of her talent, maybe two if you want to count the Turkish Cup. I think that's the point whoever is (idk lol) is trying to make

lmfao. You totally have an opinion on the matter that you have made clear over the years. Don’t even.

• can I say anything without you getting offended? I was pointing out to beri about their comment about the titles. It was nothing more and nothing less. Jeez

I’m not offended but you saying you don’t have an opinion on that specific matter is BS and you know that.

• I just checked and yes we're getting the regular Misli YT streams for the regular matches thankfully, these streams are god awful.

Eczacıbaşı's match in an hour and a half will be televised by TRT SPOR YILDIZ.

• I just checked and yes we're getting the regular Misli YT streams for the regular matches thankfully, these streams are god awful.

Eczacıbaşı's match in an hour and a half will be televised by TRT SPOR YILDIZ.

Have you seen that interview Tugba recently gave? I need you to spill the tea, if there be any tea to spill.

• Popovic with 6 blocks :D Is this more than what she did in FB an entire season? Joking aside, she is very useful for GS. When connection with MBs are there, I am sure Gamze will set more often to them.

On the other side, looks like Ilkin forgot how to attack during NT season. She got like 30 sets and has a very low efficiency. It seems like GS is using this as a friendly match to make players ready.

• Have you seen that interview Tugba recently gave? I need you to spill the tea, if there be any tea to spill.

Yes! ahaha. She was asked why she wasn't called for the NT I will summarize what she said.
    She said her whole heart is with the girls and she sends them all her energy, they worked very hard all summer, it's time to collect the fruit (medals). She said the reason she wasn't there was because of the wishes of the coach, there is nothing to say on that, it's their choice to see me as worthy.
    She said she still needs to be focused and ready on getting better and that means getting better for the national team, so that's what she's putting her head to. She needs to be fully devoted for the NT again. If they want me there, I'll be there. The place of NT is different for me as it is to all girls I'm sure.

She also said that she is misunderstood online and people love to make a huge thing out of something small and it's actually really frustrating to her, she would never do something to put any of her teammates or the national team in a tough spot ever, she wouldn't do that willingly, with that on her mind. She said she is getting professional help both mentally and physically to be the best she can be.

Honestly she didn't give any excuses or feed onto drama and I do think it's really hard to understand the true intentions of people through social media, people draw conclusions based on 1 post etc. it's really hard for public figures tbh. She just seems to want to prove her worth with her performance in the future she said.

• Popovic with 6 blocks :D Is this more than what she did in FB an entire season?

Slightly less about block, LoL :D, but 3 aces, this is really worth of checking. :lol:

• Honestly she didn't give any excuses or feed onto drama and I do think it's really hard to understand the true intentions of people through social media, people draw conclusions based on 1 post etc. it's really hard for public figures tbh. She just seems to want to prove her worth with her performance in the future she said.

BS honestly, it's not like people make a conlusion based on one post, but her entire behavior on the court + constant appearances on social networks. She can't cover with few nice word in one i interview all her awful behaviour. It's completely legit that someone can think that her behaviour isn't awful, but acting like didn't happen, not for me.

• BS honestly, it's not like people make a conlusion based on one post, but her entire behavior on the court + constant appearances on social networks. She can't cover with few nice word in one i interview all her awful behaviour. It's completely legit that someone can think that her behaviour isn't awful, but acting like didn't happen, not for me.

:?: Well it wasn't about her shady behaviour on court, there are more players that are like that on court and most don't think any hard feelings of it. Like with players like Carol, for a lot of players it's part of their court persona whether we like it or not. I think this was about her posts. She only had 1 post in SM that was seen as shady afaik.

• So Nilufer beats GS 3-2. GS needs a new Opp asap, well played by Nilufer.

Btw I saw THY 19-0 or something up against Ilbank on the last set, I mean it isn't surprising in a way, Ilbank is the only team that literally didn't build a team at all lol as they never do when they make it to Sultanlar Ligi (only allowed in 2nd league for them idk why) but the best part of all this is that THY also still lost a set against the same team winning only 3-1 :rolll:

• I think GS used this match as a preparation for those who were in the NT whole summer. If GS really wanted to win today, they could start with Karmen and Sude instead, who played with the team longer. Aycin-Gamze connection was terrible, with Popovic, it worked very well in 1st set but then in the 2nd set, it didnt work either in attacking. All of these are normal since these girls trained together for a few days.

Nilufer surprised me a lot, their defense-block and serving were really really good. Not sure if I can call it Heynen effect since he was not with the team for a long time but if they can play like this, I am sure they will be a contender for 5-8 place.

GS needs an opposite, that's very clear but in a week or two, their game will look very different I think.

• :?: Well it wasn't about her shady behaviour on court, there are more players that are like that on court and most don't think any hard feelings of it. Like with players like Carol, for a lot of players it's part of their court persona whether we like it or not. I think this was about her posts. She only had 1 post in SM that was seen as shady afaik.

Well comparing Tugba with Carol is....but this discussion is not gonna happen, both of us are very vocal about this matter, and already several times agreed that we are on different sides.

I remember more than one time, but honestly i can't guarantee, because i have no intentions to give a minute for searching that. And even that isn't important IMO. My response is mostly on that part that she is out of drama and that she wants to prove herself with performance. She is walking drama. She is already good enough to be in 14 players (or 4 OH's whatever), and i'm sure that her toxic + cocky behaviour (not just on SM) takes apart in decision for her cut off.

• Yes! ahaha. She was asked why she wasn't called for the NT I will summarize what she said.
    She said her whole heart is with the girls and she sends them all her energy, they worked very hard all summer, it's time to collect the fruit (medals). She said the reason she wasn't there was because of the wishes of the coach, there is nothing to say on that, it's their choice to see me as worthy.
    She said she still needs to be focused and ready on getting better and that means getting better for the national team, so that's what she's putting her head to. She needs to be fully devoted for the NT again. If they want me there, I'll be there. The place of NT is different for me as it is to all girls I'm sure.

She also said that she is misunderstood online and people love to make a huge thing out of something small and it's actually really frustrating to her, she would never do something to put any of her teammates or the national team in a tough spot ever, she wouldn't do that willingly, with that on her mind. She said she is getting professional help both mentally and physically to be the best she can be.

Honestly she didn't give any excuses or feed onto drama and I do think it's really hard to understand the true intentions of people through social media, people draw conclusions based on 1 post etc. it's really hard for public figures tbh. She just seems to want to prove her worth with her performance in the future she said.

:kiss::flower:

BS honestly, it's not like people make a conlusion based on one post, but her entire behavior on the court + constant appearances on social networks. She can't cover with few nice word in one i interview all her awful behaviour. It's completely legit that someone can think that her behaviour isn't awful, but acting like didn't happen, not for me.

:?: Well it wasn't about her shady behaviour on court, there are more players that are like that on court and most don't think any hard feelings of it. Like with players like Carol, for a lot of players it's part of their court persona whether we like it or not. I think this was about her posts. She only had 1 post in SM that was seen as shady afaik.

I think you both have good points. There is no doubt that this is no one-time-thing with Tugba. She clearly has a confrontational and bitchy side (as you yourself remarked recently, Beri), both on court and online. If it's true she's seeking professional help to manage it, good for her!:win:

But also, she's far from the only one with an arrogant and confrontational behaviour on court, and some of those others are extremely well-beloved, like Carol. Both Bogdan and myself have recently expressed our admiration and adoration for Carol, even though objectively she was very... aggressive and in-your-face in her celebrations in the semifinal match against Italy, to say the least. It's just that she backs up her arrogance with a great play, and in general has a very boisterous and energetic personality that makes her quirks endearing to most as opposed to repulsive, like they are with Tugba.