Turkey - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi 2022/2023

• GS is playing Anthi + Popovic-Ayçin

Finally, they have a very good MB :cup:

• Vakıfbank should have loaned Derya to PTT.

• So far, nothing is new actually.

- Vakifbank starting the season slow and looking shaky, while Eczacibasi crashes in the beginning of the season,

- FB being a serve team, starting season also well (though Arina looks like she gained a bit of weight and not sure if her performance will drop quicker this season)

- GS missing players in one position (usually this was MBs but this year they chose not to have an opposite instead)

- THY being difficult to estimate how high and low can they go (probably they don't know it yet either).

Only surprises are 5-8 teams I think. I would expect a better start from Kuzeyboru but they seem lost. Aydin wins, but they don't play good. PTT suffering from the same disease GS has but at least GS has Anthi to cover the mess.

Rest are quite expected. I wonder how Nilufer will react and if they will be able to snatch points or surprise wins from 5-8 teams. It will also be interesting to see how patient Heynen will be, losing quite often and seeing no light at the end of the tunnel.

• it might be too early to tell but pairing Hande with an experienced OH like Voronkova seems to have stabilised her, both reception wise and offensively. Even Simge looks bit less shaky than in WCH and VNL. or it might just be the ‘new season new me’ phase.

• So far, nothing is new actually.

- Vakifbank starting the season slow and looking shaky, while Eczacibasi crashes in the beginning of the season,

That's bad for Eczacibasi 😁 While Ferhat was coaching Chemik, they always started really bad, but were able to find the best rhythm at the end of season. I feel like it might be the other way this season

• it's weird to see that ecz with kyk and larsson as OHs accompanied by boskovic couldn't win any meaningful throphies while Vakif had Zhu and a less dominant lonneke for 2 years. Now with its both OHs less flashy looking, ecz seems much more stable compared to Vakif with Egounu&gabi, a duo very comparable if not better than the previous one, at least for now. Maybe the reason is that this time ecz has a better starting MB duo than büşra&gibbemeier :)

• it's weird to see that ecz with kyk and larsson as OHs accompanied by boskovic couldn't win any meaningful throphies while Vakif had Zhu and a less dominant lonneke for 2 years. Now with its both OHs less flashy looking, ecz seems much more stable compared to Vakif with Egounu&gabi, a duo very comparable if not better than the previous one, at least for now. Maybe the reason is that this time ecz has a better starting MB duo than büşra&gibbemeier :)

well it’s only been a few matches and Boskovic is on another level than she ever was

Kyk and Larson were far from their prime, and Zhu was better than Boskovic back then. Also, Vakıfbank roster were far ahead at MB and setter rotatition.

Eczacıbaşı almost always starts the season well and flops when it matters so I wouldn't have made any conclusions based on a few matches at this part of the season

• Eczacıbaşı almost always starts the season well and flops when it matters so I wouldn't have made any conclusions based on a few matches at this part of the season

They already played hardest opponent, who will gonna stop them? Galatasaray or PTT? :lol:

If they manage to escape Vakif and Fener in semi they are golden, even if not, they have ease schedule so Boskovic will probably be able to rest few games before semis starts.

I like their odds now, comparing to last season.

• They already played hardest opponent, who will gonna stop them? Galatasaray or PTT? :lol:

If they manage to escape Vakif and Fener in semi they are golden, even if not, they have ease schedule so Boskovic will probably be able to rest few games before semis starts.

Yes, they have played 2 games against 3 of their toughest opponents... now they only have to play 4 more, not to mention defeat them multiple times in the semis and finals...and that's just to win 1 trophy.:P

What you are doing is equivalent of celebrating as a marathon runner...at the one mile mark.:rolll:

• They already played hardest opponent, who will gonna stop them? Galatasaray or PTT? :lol:

Which hardest opponent are you talking about?:what: they haven't played against Vakıfbank which is scheduled on 16th of November. Even if they manage to beat a messy Vakıfbank now I doubt that they could win against FB with Vargas or Vakıfbank in second half. Let alone a long playoff series :whistle: don't forget that except Boskovic their foreigners didn't play NT tournaments so they had more time to train both physically and tactically

• Yes, they have played 2 games against 3 of their toughest opponents... now they only have to play 4 more, not to mention defeat them multiple times in the semis and finals...and that's just to win 1 trophy.:P

What you are doing is equivalent of celebrating as a marathon runner...at the one mile mark.:rolll:

I didn't celebrate anything, i just said they will finish with hard matches literally at the middle of the season, so they will chill last 5,6 legs.

Which harses opponent are you talking about?:what: they haven't played against Vakıfbank which is scheduled on 16th of November. Even if they manage to beat a messy Vakıfbank now I doubt that they could win against FB with Vargas or Vakıfbank in second half. Let alone a long playoff series :whistle: don't forget that except Boskovic their foreigners didn't play NT tournaments so they had more time to train both physically and tactically

What foreigners?

As i said before, Fener have shortest squad, i dont see them beating anyone(Ecza,Vakif, Imoco) in a long run, even with Vargas.

• I didn't celebrate anything, i just said they will finish with hard matches literally at the middle of the season, so they will chill last 5,6 legs.

What foreigners?

As i said before, Fener have shortest squad, i dont see them beating anyone(Ecza,Vakif, Imoco) in a long run, even with Vargas.

Voronkova, Maja, Jack, Heyrmann

• Eczacıbaşı almost always starts the season well and flops when it matters so I wouldn't have made any conclusions based on a few matches at this part of the season

it's weird to see that ecz..., at least for now... :)

I said at least for now. What, should we shut up until the end of the season. What's the fun without sharing observations with clear constraints and reservations...

dude last season I started criticizing ferhat for not having any results against any team during preseason and you bashed me again like this. I just didn't see they had it and it turned out to be true eh? Maybe not all early comments are so off dear mr. Know-it-all:)

• Kyk and Larson were far from their prime, and Zhu was better than Boskovic back then. Also, Vakıfbank roster were far ahead at MB and setter rotatition.

I felt this way too and criticized Ecz spending so much money on old players. But after what 5 years or so we're asking almost every top team to hire one of the two to fix their balanced OH problems. Haha

• I said at least for now. What, should we shut up until the end of the season. What's the fun without sharing observations with clear constraints and reservations...

dude last season I started criticizing ferhat for not having any results against any team during preseason and you bashed me again like this. I just didn't see they had it and it turned out to be true eh? Maybe not all early comments are so off dear mr. Know-it-all:)

Well what's fun if I won't be share my opinion when I disagree?😉