Turkey - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi 2022/2023

• THY and Fenerbahce is giving a hard battle who is more under the expectations.

• 14th Round

Sarıyer Bld. 3-1 Sigorta Shop

Drewniok 22, Chatchu-on 17, Kongyot 12, Büşra 11 // Payne 23, Mlejnkova 13

https://tvf-web.dataproject.co…=219&PID=144&type=LegList

Galatasaray HDI Sigorta 3-1 Kuzeyboru

Anthi 31, İlkin 13, Popovic 13, Ayçin 10 // Klimets 21, Mitchem 13

Vakıfbank 3-0 Bolu Bld.

Alexia 15, Bajema 15, Bahar 14 // Kodala 8

PTT 1-3 Çukurova Bld. ADS

Busa 24, Caric 18 // Rykhliuk 23, Leyva 20

Nilüfer Bld. 3-0 İlbank

Atkinson 11 // Sude 7

Eczacıbaşı Dynavit 3-0 Fenerbahçe Opet

Boskovic 17, Voronkova 11, Hande 10 // Lazareva 12

Aydın BBSK 3-1 THY

Nicoletti 24, Loda, İdil Naz 13 // Kingdon 21, KVR 17

• THY and Fenerbahce is giving a hard battle who is more under the expectations.

Is THY under expectation? With such roaster they’re the 4th team on paper anyway. They made a good move to sign the precious and possibly the best local setter Naz, but did nothing else to upgrade their roaster, especially their vulnerable OH lineup.

This loss to Aydin is their only loss to a lower ranked team so far, and lost their matches to Ecz & FB, which were kind of expected even FB was messy. Their position right now is more or less the same as expected imo.

• Is THY under expectation? With such roaster they’re the 4th team on paper anyway. They made a good move to sign the precious and possibly the best local setter Naz, but did nothing else to upgrade their roaster, especially their vulnerable OH lineup.

This loss to Aydin is their only loss to a lower ranked team so far, and lost their matches to Ecz & FB, which were kind of expected even FB was messy. Their position right now is more or less the same as expected imo.

It is not about pre season position expectations, at least i wasn't talking about that, but it is about money they had/have, investments for years and still we count how many matches they lost to lower ranked team instead of how many wins they have against "better" teams and their reach. It's about expectations from the whole story of this club and not just about their current roster, which they choose anyway so it's not a unchangable fact when we are evaluating their succes.

Anyway Naz transfer had sound like clear boost for me, she was really great last season (especially at the end of the season) and i didn't watch many matches of THY so i relly can't judge more in detail.

I expect more from them, including better transfer job, so yes they are under my expectations.

Anyway that position to position expectation is a bit unproper to me, because we can say that with this roster Fenerbahce supposed to be third as they are, but they are just horrible and under any expectation even with this roster.

• It is not about pre season position expectations, at least i wasn't talking about that, but it is about money they had/have, investments for years and still we count how many matches they lost to lower ranked team instead of how many wins they have against "better" teams and their reach. It's about expectations from the whole story of this club and not just about their current roster, which they choose anyway so it's not a unchangable fact when we are evaluating their succes.

If you were talking about this, then THY is the clear winner over FB of underachievement, it can be concluded even before the start of this season. Clearly THY wouldn’t be able to win anything big with these players, and will continue to struggle to get the CL ticket, but they still decided to just renew them all.

• Zehra support for İrem8)

• On the other hand, less perfect receiver will kinda free Leyla from receiving 50 balls.

This is not Bosetti's fault. Any team would serve on Leyva, considering she's a weak receiver. I would give a chance to Lazovic and Bosetti together. Less points (?) from the outside hitters and more perfect passing, which means more balls to the middles and variety in their game. When Lucia is under the net, you can sub her with Leyva and have more power. Even if Leyva plays with Lazovic, any team would be serving on her.

Any way, do you guys know why Cukurova has the football team in its name this season? They are called everywhere Cukurova Belediyesi Adana Demirspor.

• Is THY under expectation? With such roaster they’re the 4th team on paper anyway. They made a good move to sign the precious and possibly the best local setter Naz, but did nothing else to upgrade their roaster, especially their vulnerable OH lineup.

I Agree, their roster is made for 4th place, nothing less and nothing more. Unless Eggleston would upgrade GS drastically, THY will end up 4th, as expected. They don't really have an A-level player in their roster other than Naz and a setter is not enough to make a team a medal contender

• This is not Bosetti's fault. Any team would serve on Leyva, considering she's a weak receiver. I would give a chance to Lazovic and Bosetti together. Less points (?) from the outside hitters and more perfect passing, which means more balls to the middles and variety in their game. When Lucia is under the net, you can sub her with Leyva and have more power. Even if Leyva plays with Lazovic, any team would be serving on her.

Any way, do you guys know why Cukurova has the football team in its name this season? They are called everywhere Cukurova Belediyesi Adana Demirspor.

They don't have strong MBs so having perfect reception wouldn't make a huge difference for them. They need another scorer next to Ryhkliuk and Leyva does the job very well so far. Unfortunately Bosetti and Libero are failing to cover Leyva at reception line. Subbing Leyva would be a suicide for Çukurova. Lazovic could only be sub for Bosetti, not to Leyva. By the way, although Bosetti doesn't receive much she is contributing so much at defense, it is like playing with 2 liberos:obey:

• They need another scorer next to Ryhkliuk and Leyva does the job very well so far. Unfortunately Bosetti and Libero are failing to cover Leyva at reception line.

From matches that i had watch (honestly just a few) they don't even trying, it seems to me like that is the coach decision to not play that system and we all know they should.

I have to admit that i don't see Lazovic as an upgrade in Cukurova, i mean yes better then their current bench OH's, but nothing more than that. She is not better attacker then Leyva and i think that Leyva and Lazovic against stronger team will be hot mess (i'm not even talking about Vakif and Ecz).

Rummors about LKS had sound better IMO.

• From matches that i had watch (honestly just a few) they don't even trying, it seems to me like that is the coach decision to not play that system and we all know they should.

I have to admit that i don't see Lazovic as an upgrade in Cukurova, i mean yes better then their current bench OH's, but nothing more than that. She is not better attacker then Leyva and i think that Leyva and Lazovic against stronger team will be hot mess (i'm not even talking about Vakif and Ecz).

Rummors about LKS had sound better IMO.

You are right, it might be indeed coach's decision 🤦 I think bosetti is one of the rare OHs who can actually cover other OH successfully

• You are right, it might be indeed coach's decision 🤦 I think bosetti is one of the rare OHs who can actually cover other OH successfully

I didn't watch L.Bosetti's match in the Turkish League but last season she was the starting OH alongside Gray in Busto.

Poor Gray had to received tons of balls and then spike tons of balls by herself. Neither Bosetti nor the libero would help to cover a little bit. We have questioned the whole passing system for so long. Seems like the same thing happen again LOL.

Gray would definitely understand the burden/pressure that Leyva has right now.:rolll::rolll: Gray came through and became a better OH tho.

• I didn't watch L.Bosetti's match in the Turkish League but last season she was the starting OH alongside Gray in Busto.

Poor Gray had to received tons of balls and then spike tons of balls by herself. Neither Bosetti nor the libero would help to cover a little bit. We have questioned the whole passing system for so long. Seems like the same thing happen again LOL.

Gray would definitely understand the burden/pressure that Leyva has right now.:rolll::rolll: Gray came through and became a better OH tho.

Gray is great at attacking but to me she still looks like a huge liability at reception. Do you think her reception improved over years?

• I assume Cukurova Belediyesi collaborates with Adana Demirspor. Adana Demirspor is a well known football club in Turkey, I think they have a team in the main league (their nickname is blue thunders - like Meryem Boz).

GS needs to integrate Logan as quick as possible. I liked that she was subbed in 4th set where Sude helped a lot in the backrow. There are two major problems with Logan right now which is very understandable: (1) her connection with the setter looked on/off and (2) her defense positioning was lol. Not sure if she saved anything and she looked very slow in backrow, I guess she will improve a bit until playoffs, until then Sude should cover her in the backrow.

Btw did Lazovic start trainings with Cukurova? She is not in their team roster yet. If she did, that's terrible news for GS, playing against them on the weekend.

• It will be a great weekend btw, there are four matches which can go either way:

- Kuzeyboru/Aydin

- Cukurova/GS

- Fenerbahce/Nilufer

- THY/Eczacibasi