Turkey - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi 2022/2023

• Well the problem is, other teams are not serving well enough to make Arina/Ana C duo. We saw how Arina had troubles against Vakifbank in semifinals just a couple of days ago and they werent serving that good either. And they lost that match 3-0. They also lost semifinals in CL...So if it is working perfect, why didnt it work back then?

I understand it if you say Voronkova can take the defensive OH role or LYY can receive at least her corridor without troubles. But saying LYY can fix Eczacis problems when Simge is performing like this is an interesting perspective. I guess some people think volleyball is just all about sending the ball 10 meters up on the air and attacking it.

I still think Simge is the biggest problem with reception, and that Ecza game would still suffer even if they 2 defensive OHs with Simge.
    But all Im saying is that Hande/Voronkova is not top level OH duo for a team that wants to be best team in the world, and LYY would certainly help with that.

And reception is surely not the only Ecza problem, and LYY would certainly fix their offensive problem

Voronkova is not elite attacker, she cant be second option next to Boskovic and good enough for them to have OH who is purely defensive and rarely puts a good attack%.

Voronkova is an all around player, she lacks in defense though. LYY can cover herself in reception, and with decent libero they would have great hitting duo even if they passing wouldnt be perfect. And if in any game one of them is failing in passing or defense to the point they cant play, they put Hande in, or regular second row when sub for whichever of this 2.
    That way Hande wouldnt be Meliha or Seyma, but wouldnt rly have to be a factor for their offense during whole game and would actually increase her level imo.

Again, I agree they suffer the most rn because od Simhe and Ferhat but they are not the only thing that doesnt work with the team. And theres no way LYY wouldnt be a good option for the team

• I actually feel like Irina comes up with a lot of big defensive plays. Maybe I just don’t think about it much for the ones she misses

• Forget LYY, didn’t Ecz sign Alexa Gray for next season already? Imagine the reception of any two of Gray/Hande/Voronkova with Simge lol

They signed both Gray and Czyrnianska, as rumors say.
    Players they wouldnt be able to play considering both of them are beyond terrible passers and Simge certainly cant cover them

I wish Ecza would try to sign Melis Yilmaz or Aylin Acar

• They signed both Gray and Czyrnianska, as rumors say.
    Players they wouldnt be able to play considering both of them are beyond terrible passers and Simge certainly cant cover them

Melis would be so good if they could get her

• They signed both Gray and Czyrnianska, as rumors say.

Calling Czyrnianska a beyong terrible passer is an overstatement. She's unstable, but definitely not terrible

• There ware a bunch of games where Hande, even on reception and defense, was bad. And also games where Voronkova choked on the offence.

Having all 3 would gove the team ability to adapt to opponents style and see what they need. Or try playing LYY/Hande and Voronkova depending on who is front row.

You cant tell me Hande/Voronkova is good enough OH duo for a team that aims to be the best in the world

Who is defensive option in Ana C/Arina duo?
    There is no team that wouldnt benefit from having LYY, and she is by no means weak passer or weak in defense like Arina

Cleary Ana Cristina. And her defensive skills improved a lot lately.

I also agree on the second sentence, but LYY should play and offensive role. This is my opinion. Just that.

• Unfortunately I think ecza is finished with their signings. The only good move they made was getting Naz…. Sigh

• Cleary Ana Cristina. And her defensive skills improved a lot lately.

I also agree on the second sentence, but LYY should play and offensive role. This is my opinion. Just that.

Ofc I didnt mean that they should bring LYY for her defensive skills ^^

I agree with you, Ana C improved a lot, but she isnt the defensive option in a way that she doesnt contribute offensively and is only good in defense. She is there for her offensive skills first and being good def player is a good addition to that.
    But in LYY/Voronkova duo ofc Voronkova would be a better defensive player, I just didnt mean that she would have to be left out of offense for that matter, or that they would need an only def OH who cant attack next to LYY, if they manage to sign decent libero ofc.
    But anyway, LYY to Ecza isnt happening, it was just an example so theres not rly a reason to discus it that deep. However Ecza, in addition to libero, needs better OH duo if they aim to be on top.

Calling Czyrnianska a beyong terrible passer is an overstatement. She's unstable, but definitely not terrible

She had games with 10% positive reception.

But against top level clubs she would be a big weaknes in reception line, even with libero covering her. But she probably got signed already so we will see, I honestly hope I am wrong

• She had games with 10% positive reception.

But against top level clubs she would be a big weaknes in reception line, even with libero covering her. But she probably got signed already so we will see, I honestly hope I am wrong

I agree that she had some terrible games , but she came back from an knee injury and by the end of the season she had games with 40% in reception, not to mention that she is 19 so she inproves with every game she plays

• I agree that she had some terrible games , but she came back from an knee injury and by the end of the season she had games with 40% in reception, not to mention that she is 19 so she inproves with every game she plays

I actually like her dont get me wrong.

My point was that Ecza struggles even with Hande/Voronkova who are more then decent in reception and defense, mainly because of Simge. So Czyrnianska would be one more weakness to that if Simge stays, they wouldnt be able to have a good pass with Simge/Czyrnianska and whatever second OH they choose to play next to that

• But also maybe another target would be good for ecza so Simge won’t receive as much 😭😭

• We should give some credit to the receivers though. How many teams on earth can serve as effective as FB? I mean they have two amazing jump servers like Arina and Vargas, Ana C also has a good jump serve, Eda has always been dangerous with her jump floats. Now they added Cansu Cetin to their armour. All in all, they simply don't give a moment for breathing to the opponents.

• Maybe I missed it and it was alreay discussed, but didn't Eczacıbaşı clinch home court advantage for the entire playoffs because of their first place in regular season? Not that crowd was a factor today, but still I found it strange.

Next 2 games Ecza is host, it will be in same hall, but i guess most of the fans will be tigers

• So much hate on Ecz and it's players but they are still on the running to become MCSL champions and CEV CL champions? Let's see the season out.

• LYY along with Hande and Voronkova gives me overkill vibes. It will be the classic Ecz spot with lots of talent but no chemistry lol

When LYY or Voronkova get replaced too often and lose their mojo the team will end up looking like the one from the iconic 2015 season (i think it was)

Either Hande or Voronkova need to go to me too for LYY to make sense. U can keep a backup like Yaprak that clearly needs to be replaced in big matches. But don't be surprised if LYY or Voronkova keep getting replaced because of 1. The Turkish league limits which makes Hande just too valuable to keep on 2. The lack of chemistry on CEV matches or do or die matches in the league from the benched players.