Turkey - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi 2022/2023

• Several local liberos better than Pušić, many local OHs better than Buša and Lozo, several local MBs better than Stevanović/Aleksić, some of local setters better than Drča and now Vargas as good as if not better than Bošković...

Frankly, I wouldn't look forward to this summer if I were a Turkish fan, because the only way my NT doesn't let me down is if they win every single match across all 3 competition (that is, if I'm honestly believing these things...).

• Several local liberos better than Pušić, many local OHs better than Buša and Lozo, several local MBs better than Stevanović/Aleksić, some of local setters better than Drča and now Vargas as good as if not better than Bošković...

Frankly, I wouldn't look forward to this summer if I were a Turkish fan, because the only way my NT doesn't let me down is if they win every single match across all 3 competition (that is, if I'm honestly believing these things...).

Don't worry they will

• Maybe the stats don't show it, but if you watch the game AC rarely gets covered in reception and even if her reception was far off the net the ball was always high which gives time for the setter to get to it and make the best decision.

There were rotations where Arina wasn't involved in the reception line but stood behind Gizem with Vargas stepping up. And guess how many times Ezaci used that advantage to serve on Vargas? Zero.

There is a rotation of Gizem-Cansu-Arina on reception in the second set, Ezaci served 3 times on Gizem and once on Cansu. Zero serves on Arina.

This is a sign that Ferhat is absolutely unable to make in-game adjustments.

On rewatch, Simge didn't seem as bad as it felt during the game. Voronkova's reception also deserves some slack because those serves from Arina and Vargas were absolute bombs. The issue was that Eda's, Asli's and Maric's serves should not have been as effective as they were. There is a point where Voronkova makes 2 steps back to come up short on Asli's serve and forces a team to put over a free ball and it ends up as Eda's point. Those things can't happen since those are the rotations in which you have to be ready.

Another problem that was probably worse (when put into context of the monster serves and similar performance by Conegliano vs this kind of service pressure) is their defense. Both Simge and Irina were awful defensively for large stretches of the match. Irina was in the wrong place half of the time, or the ball was falling beside her with her reaction being a few seconds too late every time. The 5th set is probably the worst moment to have your worst stretch, and Simge and Voronkova weren't at their best when it mattered most.

Hande was really good defensively in the first set from position 6, but her unforced errors at the start of 2nd set were really bad. I do wish she got a chance in the 5th set because her reception could not have been worse than Irina's but her defense in the back row could have helped a lot. Ezaci managed to push to a 5th set which gives an indication that if they limit their mistakes they have a chance.

Sorry for the long post, hopefully someone out here finds it interesting. Cheers.:drink:

• Yeah Simge is not even half as bad in reception as she is in defense, it's actually the main issue in Eczacıbaşı, they struggle with momentum because of it, it's just too easy to side-out against them.

• I also found Ecza defense to be their bigger problem then service reception.
    Both Simge and Voronkova were very much late, and as much as I blame them as well, the main problem would have to be Ferhat.

Its not their skills that were the biggest problem imo, but positioning, and its up to coach to fix that and point it out to them during time-outs or between sets. And its not like they didnt have time to analyze Fener play style, both between matches and during those 5 sets last night

To watch your players not able to dig balls ,which fall on same position point after point, is unacceptable for any coach.

You cant tell me Bajema managed to pass and defend decently enough while Voronkova and Simge cant, its coach difference primarily, but Simge and Voronkova are still to blame for not adapting even after 9 sets of Fener playing the same game they always do

• Fehrat is def biggest problem, i am not sure if he give them tactical instructions at all.

I watched Maja interview for cev and she said "he is one of the best coaches in the world" and than she said "he give me full freedom to do whatever i want". This is clearly big mistake, coach need to have tactical instruction for different type of situation and to control game. Maja need someone to say to her "stop with this fast short balls for the fuck sakes!".

Also he destroyed Elif confidence in WCCH, she played decent before that. Now she put her few times in playoff and she was very bad.

yep. We might as well forfeit when we play them

• Better local libero than Pusic? SEVERAL of them? I think this is perfect example how delusional you are. :lol:

This is a perfect example how delusional and biased you are about Serbian players. Yeah yeah Busa is the best outside hitter and Pusic is best libero in the world 😂😂:roll:

• The key are the OHs...

In Turkey Fener wins because its pair of OHs outplays its opponents, in Italy Monza/Milan clearly won race 2 with Conegliano doing the same thing: in the end the performance of Thompson, Haak, Vargas and Boskovic are very similar (at least statistically and numerically), but it's the OHs that make the difference...

It seems to me that there is a tendency, at least as far as the top club teams are concerned, for an ever more evident rapprochement between men's volleyball and feminine...

I agree with this, either Hande or Voronkova played very well in most of the critical games Eczacıbaşı won this season. Not that Boskovic played bad, but the ones who made the difference was performance of outside and their score contributions. This could be said for both fener and Vakıfbank as well

Love the way you manipulate posts here. 🤦 Do you mind pointing out who said several local MBs better than Stevanovic/Aleksic?

Pusic is obviously a mediocre libero, at least not the kind which a top club would waste a foreigner spot. One can tell she is not Castillo or De Gennaro based on mediocre clubs she has played throughout her career:whistle:

Serbia can still beat turkey but it doesn't mean every single Serbian player is better than corresponding Turkish players. Pusic won't be the reason for the win, it would be probably Boskovic's contribution that would make the difference. I'm sure You know as much as I do

• I don't understand the generalizations tbh either on the national teams or the users here.

Like you are talking about the mind of a Turkish fan by generalizing 1-2 ppls posts and assigning it to all users like there aren't a million Turkish users here.

And in some cases it's not even the 1-2 ppl because I don't remember ppl talking about Stevanovic recently :lol:

• Serbia can still beat turkey but it doesn't mean every single Serbian player is better than corresponding Turkish players. Pusic won't be the reason for the win, it would be probably Boskovic's contribution that would make the difference. I'm sure You know as much as I do

Surely not, because as you so wisely said it yourself many times, a two-time WCH MVP cannot lead a team of overrated players to a title. Besides, you have Vargas, n'est pas?:win:

No, my dear fellow, a false modesty at this point will not do.:teach: A team that has as good or better players than a current world champ MUST win every single game this summer, and I should be so very cross with everyone involved if it doesn't come to pass if I were you.:box:

• I'm tired of reading the same arguments over and over here. I know I've been involved to some of them, but you have only two types of discussions;

1. A Serbian user saying some random serbian player as the best and and some Turkish users opposing it.

2. A Turkish user criticizing a Serbian player very harshly and Serbian users defending her.

These boring discussions are made by the same users all the time. Please either have some more creative discussions or grow up a little and stop doing this meaningless discussions all the time.

• they come up because the same Turkish user digs up comments made during matches about players underperforming and acts like it’s because their Turkish when it reality it’s because the players were terrible no matter where they are from. Like akoz and Baladin yesterday

• I think Fenerbahçe will become champions today

I wonder why Ferhat won't take a chance - Hande and Irina play poorly in these playoffs and what is the Saliha-Yaprak duo worse at? Maybe that would be a boost for the team:/