Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2022/23

• According to Hollosy Suhl's new team is already complete except for one position and he says that they built the team according to "a new idea", whatever that's supposed to mean. The idea of the last two years was actually quite successful :/

• Schwerin will have a bigger Budget than this Season and more Players in the Squad. They will play in both Finals next Season

No they will not! Koslowski is still their coach ^^

• It was already mentioned in this season's thread that Jennifer Janiska has extended her contract by two years. Of course, the Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk also reports on this contract extension, but the article not only deals with it, but also points out problems at Dresdner SC. It should be noted that Alexander Waibl himself brings up these problems. Quite an interesting article in my opinion.

Link: Dresdner SC: Leistungsträgerin bleibt, aber Waibl schlägt Alarm

• Oh...just saw there's already a new thread for next season, so sorry for spaming the current seasons thread :gone:

I saw that Waibl started to follow Grbavica and Herbotts on Instagram...and he usually just follows players he currently works with, had worked with or probably will work with. :/
    So I wonder if this might be possible? But I guess at least Herbotts is far away from beeing realistic for Dresden.^^

Edit: Grbavica also follows Waibl and the DSC-account.

• Janiska says Dresden will probably be her last employment as pro volleyballer. She wants to settle at Schwerin afterwards where a house is being built for her and her husband but prefers to play for Dresden...

https://www.saechsische.de/spo…erlaengerung-5674700.html

Sounds to me like it will be the last season for her.

The last two years :-)

• Ah, you're right, 2 more years.

Disappointing number of spectators at Stuttgart in the first final btw, only 1.500. It was on a weekday, was probably slightly too early at 6:40, but still, a final in Scharrena which is not terribly big should sell out in my opinion. Of course, some people are still reluctant to be in a crowd due to covid.

• Ah, you're right, 2 more years.

Disappointing number of spectators at Stuttgart in the first final btw, only 1.500. It was on a weekday, was probably slightly too early at 6:40, but still, a final in Scharrena which is not terribly big should sell out in my opinion. Of course, some people are still reluctant to be in a crowd due to covid.

maybe is better for them….

Mase probably in Potsdam

• Neuwied signs Junior NT setter Carla Fuchs from VCO Münster.

Erfurt confirms that White, Petter and Maase will leave.

There are rumors that Dresden will sign another player from Suhl besides Pallag and Lohmann, Dresden will announce their first transfer next week. I could imagine De Zwart (who was in Dresden before) or Haneline maybe. The article also says Suhl might sign Eva Hodanova.

There are rumors that Dresden will sign another player from Suhl besides Pallag and Lohmann, Dresden will announce their first transfer next week. I could imagine De Zwart (who was in Dresden before) or Haneline maybe. The article also says Suhl might sign Eva Hodanova.

this made me laugh a bit

"Although both clubs did not want to confirm this until Friday afternoon, the Internet platform "women.volleybox.net", which is considered to be serious, reports both transfers as confirmed rumors. "

:lol::lol:

They are citing volleybox.net as a source which in turn refers to the posts here :lol:

• There are rumors that Dresden will sign another player from Suhl besides Pallag and Lohmann, Dresden will announce their first transfer next week. I could imagine De Zwart (who was in Dresden before) or Haneline maybe. The article also says Suhl might sign Eva Hodanova

I think Haneline would probably be the most likely option after de Zwart had very little playing time there.

Mmh still not happy with Pallag to Dresden. And I also don't like the move of simply buying half of the Suhl team..X/