Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2022/23

• Despite signing Prosvirina there is also bad news for Münster: Luisa van Clewe suffered a shoulder injury, already had surgery and will be in rehab until the end of the year, after that her condition has to be evaluated. This means Münster still has only 2 MBs actually :gone:

Oh no....

Crazy. Each season there's one team that has bad luck with one position:white:. Last year it has been Potsdam with their OHs...

• If someone followed the test match tournament in Schaffhausen, in which the local club Kanti Schaffhausen, Dresdner SC and the French club ASPTT Mulhouse took part, they noticed that Linda Bock got a ball in the game against ASPTT Mulhouse and then passed worried that she might have suffered a concussion. Fortunately, this was not confirmed and Alexander Waibl was able to give the all-clear.

Regarding the friendly tournament itself, it should be said that Dresden finished the tournament in second place. Both Dresden and Mulhouse won their game against Kanti Schaffhausen 3-0. Dresden lost 3-1 against Mulhouse. Nevertheless, Alexander Waibl is satisfied with the tournament, especially because of the game against Kanti Schaffhausen. In addition, it was important to Alexander Waibl to gain match practice, which his young team needs.

Link: DSC-Coach Waibl mit erstem Turnier zufrieden, Entwarnung bei Linda Bock

Incidentally, the games would be broadcast live on YouTube. After the live broadcast, they can now also be viewed in re-live. Here are the links to the individual games:

• I watched the matches and I was really surprised by Berger who did a brilliant job in attacking. Also Dresden seems to use their middles much better than last season which still makes me sad that Gates left because she would do well with Straube as starter. But it seems like Dresden will have the same problems as last season: their OH position. Wesser is doing well in some phases of the match but of course she is not consistent yet, Bock has problems with high balls and Pallag definitely is not the OH Dresden need plus in the matches she was actually worse in reception than Wesser...

I wonder if Waibl will also go with Grbavica or Berger on the OH position for some matches...

• Is there a page where you can track match statistics?

https://tvf-web.dataproject.co…tionTeamSearch.aspx?ID=74

Something like this because I can't find it:lol:

The Bundesliga dataproject is messy. https://vbl-web.dataproject.com/CompetitionHome.aspx?ID=162

also here: https://www.volleyball-bundesl…auptrunde/spielplan.xhtml

Matthias (I think its him... or someone) does a very good job of posting all of the match reports at the end of the match week

• Suhl has renewed the contract with Laszlo Hollosy as head coach until 2025 already before the start of the season.

On other news, men's league has started last weekend and they are no longer giving an MVP award to the losing teams, only the MVP of the winner gets a medal. That means Neuwied players might not get any MVP awards this season :whistle:

• The Bundesliga dataproject is messy. https://vbl-web.dataproject.com/CompetitionHome.aspx?ID=162

also here: https://www.volleyball-bundesl…auptrunde/spielplan.xhtml

Matthias (I think its him... or someone) does a very good job of posting all of the match reports at the end of the match week

I don't know if this dataproject is fully trustable.

I checked the men's Supercup stats and they're missing a few matches.

Also I checked 2021-22 Bundesliga stats and for example Maja Storck has 464 total points (390 during the regular season + 74 during the play-offs) according to the official website of the league. On the other hand she has 460 total points according to the VBL dataproject.

406 attack points (338 + 68) on both VBL and dataproject.

29 block points (28+1) on VBL and 25 block points on dataproject.

29 serve points (24+5) on both VBL and dataproject.

VBL looks far more accurate IMO.

• yea, hence messy 😅😅 sometimes they’re right but sometimes not

• On other news, men's league has started last weekend and they are no longer giving an MVP award to the losing teams, only the MVP of the winner gets a medal. That means Neuwied players might not get any MVP awards this season :whistle:

This is only for first division men because of the twitch chat and the voting there...

• Some impressions from the friendly tournaments in Poland this weekend:

Potsdam had phases of looking very good, but also some blackouts. Van Aalen overall did very well but sometimes lost her head in important moments. Savelkoel scored a lot but also made some wild mistakes. Jasper was disappointing, even Leweling looked better than her when she got the chance yesterday. Maase made a good impression whenever she came on court. Viggars was very effective with 2nd balls but made far too many technical mistakes for a setter.

Dresden...I don't know what Waibl is up to :white: Both liberos looked very shaky, both OPPs were rather uneffective, though Berger did better than I expected and Grbavica just had a short time with the team. For now it's impossible to tell who will be the 2nd OH beside Janiska as starter, but I have a feeling it will be Bock yet again :gone:

Schwerin, like Potsdam, had many ups and downs. Ruddins was very impressive today, mainly when she got the balls in system, but she also killed the difficult balls. Alsmeier OTOH had a lot of problems both in reception and attack, whereas Pogany looked much better than in WCH. I also liked Kästner, especially considering that she didn't have much time with the team. Yüzgenc also surprised me, of course she won't be a killer OPP but in a team like Schwerin with very balanced scoring she should be able to do a decent job.

Vilsbiburg seemed to have some injury problems, so it's hard to judge their performance. Rivera hurt her hand in the first match so she wasn't available for the rest of the weekend, and today also Thompson sat out. The Canadian MB looked...amateurish :gone: I think they're still far from the top 4 teams this season.

• Some impressions from the friendly tournaments in Poland this weekend:

Potsdam had phases of looking very good, but also some blackouts. Van Aalen overall did very well but sometimes lost her head in important moments. Savelkoel scored a lot but also made some wild mistakes. Jasper was disappointing, even Leweling looked better than her when she got the chance yesterday.

Van Aalen has good connection with her middles, but in tough situations, she completely forgets them. Jasper indeed didn't look great, which is a shame. With her on court, she can stabilize reception so van Aalen can use the middles as much as possible! Savelkoel is good in attack, but her defense is almost amateurish. Emonts didn't impress me either to be honest....