Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2022/23

• IMO Stuttgart should have signed a better libero. Koskelo her defense is good, but reception is too unstable for a libero...

• Wiesbaden - Erfurt 3:2 (21:25 17:25 25:15 25:22 15:11)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2022-23/Women/2124.pdf

MVP: Rachel Anderson / Jaidyn Blanchfield

This means, that Wiesbaden secured a playoff spot, and for Erfurt, already out of competition for it, has completely finished the season.

• Today 17:00 CET TV match Schwerin vs Potsdam stream

The match will be decisive for 2nd place after regular season, both teams will most likely meet again in the playoff semifinal and today's winner will have home advantage today.

In the other matches, Suhl needs to beat Aachen to keep their playoff chances alive and at the same time hope for Dresden to beat Münster. If Suhl loses today, the playoff participants will be clear, otherwise the final decision among Suhl, Aachen, Münster and Vilsbiburg will be postponed to the last round of regular season next week :white:

• If Suhl loses today, the playoff participants will be clear, otherwise the final decision among Suhl, Aachen, Münster and Vilsbiburg will be postponed to the last round of regular season next week :white:

If Suhl and Münster get the same result in league point terms tonight, couldn’t Suhl still tie Münster on both league points and wins and beat them on sets ratio or ball point ratio after next week? Münster seem to think they need a better result (ie 2 sets even if Suhl loses 3-0) to be sure of the playoffs now

• If Suhl and Münster get the same result in league point terms tonight, couldn’t Suhl still tie Münster on both league points and wins and beat them on sets ratio or ball point ratio after next week? Münster seem to think they need a better result (ie 2 sets even if Suhl loses 3-0) to be sure of the playoffs now

My brain hates doing maths, so here are the current numbers:

Münster has 23 pts from 8 wins and 32:39 sets

Suhl has 20 pts from 7 wins and 28:39 sets

Let me know the result of your calculations ;)

• My brain hates doing maths, so here are the current numbers:

Münster has 23 pts from 8 wins and 32:39 sets

Suhl has 20 pts from 7 wins and 28:39 sets

Let me know the result of your calculations ;)

If Münster loses 3-1 and Suhl loses 3-0 tonight, the sets become 33:42 for Münster and 28:42 for Suhl.

So in the final round, if Münster were then to lose 3-0 and Suhl were to win 3-0, both teams would have 23 points and 8 wins, and the sets would be 33:45 (~0.733) for Münster and 31:42 (~0.738) for Suhl.

So I think they are right, and Suhl losing tonight would not on its own make the result mathematically certain - unless Münster can get a point tonight, I think Suhl would still have a theoretical (but very narrow) path to p8.

• Cekulaev is disappointing me this season... I expected her to develop further after last season, but she didn't. Especially her attack isn't what it needs to be!

First set clearly shows Hester Jasper needs to be on court for Potsdam to stabilize reception!

• Potsdam has been in a rather poor shape lately :white: But I'm sure they'll be better again in the playoffs...

Meanwhile, Koslowski has been doing an amazing job with Yüzgenc :obey: She works extremely well in their system, hits great angles and smart balls. She's never going to be a dominant OPP who scores 30 pts every week, but within her boundaries I think she is showing a great performance lately!

• Hernandez is not helping his team at all:aww:

• Schwerin's performance is very impressive today, it's not only Potsdam playing bad but Schwerin creates so much pressure and makes almost no mistakes :super: With such a performance, even Stuttgart in their best shape will have a very hard time defending their title I think...

• I think the problem is not only the setter.

The problem is how Waibl build the roster in the start of the season.

Not even 1 reliable hitter from position 4.

2 very young unexperienced Opposites and 2 unstable Libero's.

When everything works perfect is all good but in the difficult moments everything collapse.

• Now after the 19. leg of 20 we know a lot: Stuttgart secured first spot by winning two sets against Vilsbiburg, and the latter lost in three in the end in Stuttgart - bad news for them, because Suhl won in three against Aachen and these two are virtually equal now (with minimum difference in set ratio, which means near to nothing). Münster winning against Dresden makes everything rather interesting at the last leg of the league round now... meanwhile Potsdam had no plan in Schwerin and lost clearly the race for second place in the league round. So we have now still four teams competing for the last three playoff spots...

• Quick analysis: Dresden is not safe on place four, it can lose one to two positions by losing against Stuttgart.

And the four teams Münster, Vilsbiburg, Suhl and Aachen are still competing for the last three quarterfinal berths, no one is safe, but one of those four will be out. Sport1 should do a conference of the matches of these four fighting teams the Saturday in one week!

• Those critical matches are: Potsdam vs. Münster for the latter, losing clearly is a real danger for them. Direct fight is Vilsbiburg vs. Suhl and also Aachen vs. Wiesbaden is rather important now.

• Could Dresden now even loose the 5th place and become 6th in the end? Or is it not possible?

Nevertheless they have to pray for Straube to be back in the Playoffs...

As a fan of USC Münster I am very happy now that one of Vilsbiurg and Suhl will defenitlty end behind USC Münster :-)

But Potsdam will train hard next week, so I hope for more points for USC that trained hard two weeks ago without match (Straubing out).

USC Münster is now better than ever before in this season. There are three middle blockers in good form, and Zoe Fleck as Libera is really good for the team!

They do not need to give all passes to Scholten because Schlegel and Kemmsies play very well now. That makes Scholten even better! I have a little hope to go to semi finals if they end in 5th or 6th place :-)