Italy - Serie A1 2022/23

Smart choice though. Lots of competition in Russia in her position.

??????? It is more likely to start when her competitor is Akimova . With Egonu she has no chance. Also my opinion is that it is not good to play for Italy because her country has a good team. I do not understand this. I can show some tolerance in cases like Alexia or Vargas because their countries does not play in big competitions but in a case like this.... If they allow to her to play for Italy , then many player will start to do the same and then we will see national teams with foreign players:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

• If Antropova gets her citizenship, would she count as a naturalized player even if she has never played for Russia? Would Italy be allowed to play with her + another naturalized player in the future?

??????? It is more likely to start when her competitor is Akimova . With Egonu she has no chance. Also my opinion is that it is not good to play for Italy because her country has a good team. I do not understand this. I can show some tolerance in cases like Alexia or Vargas because their countries does not play in big competitions but in a case like this.... If they allow to her to play for Italy , then many player will start to do the same and then we will see national teams with foreign players:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

How many opposites does Italy have on her or Egonu's level? In Russia, the competition in this position is stiffer. Goncharova is still there. Akimova is not far off in skills. And then there's no shortage of up and coming ones that can be in contention as well.

What's wrong with national teams having "foreigners?"

Even the ultra homogenous Japanese are now open to "foreigners" in their national teams.

Your last statement sounds a bit... racist?

• If Antropova gets her citizenship, would she count as a naturalized player even if she has never played for Russia? Would Italy be allowed to play with her + another naturalized player in the future?

If TAS rules in her favor and grants her sporting citizenship to Italy, she will register in Italian Volleyball Federation as her first federation. Since she never played for other federation, she won't be counted as a naturalized player and doesn't have to wait 2 years. So yes, if there is another naturalized (technically speaking) player in the future, the quota is still available.

• I don't understand what's going on there, neither with that declined substitution nor with that eternal challenge now :what:

the sub it was a coach mess up, he initially went over with the foreign limit when he tried to sub Giquel for Signorile (Kuznetsova wasn't subbed out after coming in as serving sub+Drews, Szakmary and Hall) so the system approved Agrifoglio for Diop but not that one, at that point he subbed out again Kuznetsova for Cecconello but the referees weren't still letting him do Giquel for Signorile (not sure why, they were good with the italians at that point)

The issue with the challenge was that they couldn't see it so they made replay the point, but whoever was checking the score still gave the point to Cuneo so Scandicci was complaining about that not the check itself

• To say that the NT has to contain only players of their nation is racist????? Hooowww.

It does sound racist. Specially since it is allowed to have naturalized players. As i said, even Japan who doesn't like foreigners recognized that talent is not exclusive to their own kind only.

you said it is bad for NTs to do that. Bad? How?

Besides, they even have a quota where they can't use two in a tournament. So yes, you sound racist.

• nationality and race are two very different things...

I don't see how the statement "NT has to contain only players of their nation" could be racist...

Within a nation there can be many races and the statement only means that someone does not like the practice of naturalized athletes for sporting purposes only: this is what we are talking about...

we're talking about "NATIONALITY", not "RACE" and, specifically, Antropova is white: so why are you always throwing up these random talks about racism?

By now, even if you talk about corking bottles, you're sure someone will come along and say "Oh! this sounds racist to me!!!": it's getting really boring...

• Specially since it is allowed to have naturalized players.

The fact it is allowed, doesn't mean it isn't disputable, especially considering these rules are more or less different in every sport. For example, in handball it was possible for Qatar to buy and naturalize 5-6 players and win a medal at the WCH, while in football the rules are more strict than in volleyball and some naturalizations (Leon in Poland or Leal in Brazil) wouldn't be possible if these rules are applied in volleyball. For example, Vargas wouldn't be available to change her federation according to the football rules, but it doesn't make football rules racist. I'm not saying she shouldn't have had an opportunity to do so, the point is it's very subjective actually to which degree you accept, especially in team sports, naturalized players, and it's not racist per se (lol) to say you don't accept it all. You can argue about it in a racist way tho, but I won't dig into it.

That being said, with Antropova it is a bit silly to run this nationality argument because she was born in Iceland and moved to Italy while she was 14 or 15, and the whole dispute isn't about whether she can change her federation, but whether call-ups to youth Russian NT count as a federation's representation or not, because I believe she wants to play both in a club and NT-level as an Italian. If not, her first federation is Italy and therefore she's Italian. It is so original case that I don't think you can run a narrative about other players following her pattern.

The other thing is that limits of foreigners in EU countries and leagues such as Serie A are basically illegal according to the ECJ and Bosman ruling in the 90s, as well it is illegal from perspective of double-citizenship players to expect them to have local sports federation license. For example, Sebastian Sole with double-citizenship couldn't play as an Italian and he had to retire from Argentinian NT and switch his federation to Italian to be counted as a local, what's insane. If someone had brought this to the ECJ, he/she would have probably won it such case and limits of foreigners (at least to this degree) wouldn't be possible for EU-members regarding EU/double-citizenship players. Again, it doesn't apply to Antropova since she's either non-EU player or Italian, but these FIVB/league rules are both on legal and logical level shady to say the least, and regularly motivate players to change their federations (in case of Sole, it was just much more beneficial for him to be counted as an Italian, even though his grandparents are Italians so he's had a citizenship prior to that situation). In football, for example, we don't have such situations because aforementioned Bosman ruling forbidded such rules as contrary to the principle of freedom of movement of people and workers in the EU, so Sole would've been counted as an Italian. Thus, we have in volleyball regularly situations like with Igor Grobelny in Poland, who was playing for Belgium NT, but in order to be counted in Plusliga as a local, he had to retire from NT and change his federation (even though he had a Polish citizenship and was living in Poland, lol). It is kind of interesting these rules weren't already brought in to the ECJ for investigation, because IMHO it wouldn't stand at all.

• Santarelli has put Gray now as starter and She is top scorer of the match, even above Haak.

But even Gray shouldn’t be starter against Fener, I still can’t believe it He has put such a weak passer as Plummer and Gray over Gennari :gone:

When you have such a deep roster you need to adjust your team… what is point of having strong attacker when you can’t attack because they are destroying your reception.

He is literally the main reason for such a disaster performance at CL….

• Santarelli has put Gray now as starter and She is top scorer of the match, even above Haak.

But even Gray shouldn’t be starter against Fener, I still can’t believe it He has put such a weak passer as Plummer and Gray over Gennari :gone:

When you have such a deep roster you need to adjust your team… what is point of having strong attacker when you can’t attack because they are destroying your reception.

He is literally the main reason for such a disaster performance at CL….

It is normal to do not trust her. When she played for Monza was really good but this season... she is just awful. Also Robinson is in a bad shape in the attack.. Also the fact that she does not fit with Wolosz maked the things worst. In the first two sets against fener she had only one luck point :what::what::what::wall::wall::wall:.So when you have Robinson in the court you can not have also Gennari ( despite the fact that before the beggining of they year , when all we heard that Robinson and Genneri will go to Imoco we all thought that they would work together as starters , the performances now says that this is not possible)

• What a match by Omoruyi, top scorer with 27points :white: