Korean Women's NT 2022

• yep, from 2019 world cup onwards. A shame too, I really liked that team (even though opp was a weak link)

Loved the team

KYK & JY - 2 great OHs with reliable high output and decent receives

DY - a fast and agile setter who could carry out Lavarini's speed volleyball and not have the team rely on KYK alone + also block & score

Kim Haeran - ✨️best libero ever✨️

Heejin may not be the most consistent, but she was great as OPP in this new system and had decently high output

MBs weren't the strengths of Korean NT but Hyojin and Suji were both tall and experienced blockers

They could've all went to 2020 Olympics under Lavarini if not for covid

But now Haeran decided to start a family & twins are off the team, KYK/MBs retired

• There is an article out today that AN Hye-Jin [S] will be meeting the NT in Poland after the Brazilian leg is done. Hye-Jin was included in the 25-player roster but was left out of the 16-player roster because she was receiving treatment for an injury (unknown from the article). She will fly out for Poland on June 21. Source: 1

• There is an article out today that AN Hye-Jin [S] will be meeting the NT in Poland after the Brazilian leg is done. Hye-Jin was included in the 25-player roster but was left out of the 16-player roster because she was receiving treatment for an injury (unknown from the article). She will fly out for Poland on June 21. Source: 1

Yes, they will play friendly games against Poland on June 23 and 24.

• Well, at least they recognize that the setter was one of the problems. But what's the issue with choosing players with injury history :aww:

Is she really injured though? (genuine question, though I don't think any of us will have the answer)

She seemed fine even at the end of the regular season

I read people saying that Coach Sanghyun didn't want to send Ahn Hyejin to be backup setter on NT cause it affected her confidence/mental as a setter

Not sure how true, it could be completely false too

But it's not the first time clubs chose not to send their players to NT

• Wow 40-38 first set between Korea and Serbia, it's a VNL record for longest set

Though it came from 15 errors (Korea) and 11 errors (Serbia) - 1st set alone

Korea was so close to achieving their 1st set this VNL but lost it :white:

On another note, the top scorers were 17pts from Yerim and 13pts from Minkyung (Hillstate:heart:)

Heejin should be scoring a lot more considering her experience and position though

• Hope they can do well against Netherlands tomorrow. I think they have chances.

• The error is justified because it was aggresive move (mostly seonwoo trying to hit the line)

i think Cesar trying different approach this time going for faster pace like Japan and Thailand.

• The error is justified because it was aggresive move (mostly seonwoo trying to hit the line)

i think Cesar trying different approach this time going for faster pace like Japan and Thailand.

I don't know if 15 errors in a single set is ever justifiable (even with the deuce) ... but I do understand the need for aggressive serves

Even so, Koreans aren't fast or at last they're not trained back at home to be fast.

The biggest problem I have is that the leagues in Korea have all the tall players to be middle blockers instead of training them to become wing spikers.

A lot of the spikers in Korea are all short. I don't get it......

• Not sure how Korean schools play, but most younger teams (middle school and below play with sub-set instead of an opposite from what I know overseas)

Not to mention pro league don't usually look for an Opp in local players too

Considering OH requires good receiving, it's probably "easier" for taller players to choose MB instead

Jung Hoyoung was meant to be "next KYK" by media but she went to MB

Jiyoon switching from MB to OH is rare, I think it only happened because she's on Hillstate which needs a stronger OH & has more than enough MBs

• Korea finally winning its first set in the VNLs, against Turkey no less

Could be partially related to Cesar understanding the Turkey players and Guidetti from Vakif well? -my guess

Heejin and Jeongah are both playing too, though I wouldn't attribute much to them considering they've played in previous VNL matches as well