CEV Champions League 2023

• Volero Le Cannet 3x2 Alba Blaj

Akimova 43 pts 51% :obey::obey::obey:

• When ECZ team B beat the second team in their group without even fighting hard.. its really questionable why CL has so many teams

lol just stop it, volleyball is not just for turkiye and italy. 20 is maybe even small number of teams. Every country deserve chance to compete and dream to make upset like Alba few years ago or Rabita Baku.

• lol just stop it, volleyball is not just for turkiye and italy. 20 is maybe even small number of teams. Every country deserve chance to compete and dream to make upset like Alba few years ago or Rabita Baku.

Obviously it is not only about Italy and Türkiye, but this format is just too much. Cev Cup should be more highlighted, these teams (like Plovdiv) could play competetive and high quality matches there with real chance. CL should be a little bit more closed, I am not saying that it should hve like 8 teams, just a little less than now, because these are basically one sides matches all around Europe for what?

And I am saying that with all respect for teams with less chances, I even have a team from my country who has basically no chance against Developres and Imoco.

• Obviously it is not only about Italy and Türkiye, but this format is just too much. Cev Cup should be more highlighted, these teams (like Plovdiv) could play competetive and high quality matches there with real chance. CL should be a little bit more closed, I am not saying that it should hve like 8 teams, just a little less than now, because these are basically one sides matches all around Europe for what?

And I am saying that with all respect for teams with less chances, I even have a team from my country who has basically no chance against Developres and Imoco.

Only Ecza, Fener, Vakif, Conegliano and maybe Novara nad Monza are really too much stronger than others. Rest of them can compete against each others.

• I think the format is flawed too, in fact sometimes we only get good matches until like the semi finals and a lot of the high-level teams don't even face each other much or just once. I think it's a bit of a waste tbh, so much travel for the majority of matches to end up with 99% predictable scores. I've always said for the top clubs I would prefer a Euroleague like concept and then for Challenge Cup and CEV Cup to be merged and much bigger, giving them the chance to be part of the top league through it for example. It can be organized in several ways and doesn't even need to be this format, it's just an idea. Overall though I agree with jader

• Obviously it is not only about Italy and Türkiye, but this format is just too much. Cev Cup should be more highlighted, these teams (like Plovdiv) could play competetive and high quality matches there with real chance. CL should be a little bit more closed, I am not saying that it should hve like 8 teams, just a little less than now, because these are basically one sides matches all around Europe for what?

Definitely agree, it is really pathetic to see supposedly highest level of volleyball is accommodating so many weak teams. What do they gain at the end anyways? Playing against b team of Eczacıbaşı?

I agree that there should be like 12 teams with top clubs competing and making second Cup more marketable (like giving a CL wild card for the winner/finalists of this cup). Especially this year without Russian clubs, the level of tournament is extremely low. No need to watch most of the games until quarter finals🤦

• CL format as one more eternal discussion on this forum. We should open the thread with that title :cheesy:

• What is La Laguna? The club is called Haris. No one would say London instead of Chelsea or Arsenal in football, as much as no one would say Instanbul instead of Fenerbahce or Galatasaray in volleyball.

Of course this is not against the user Seweryn1908 (:win:), but against CEV and its amateurish communication. :hit:

• What is La Laguna? The club is called Haris. No one would say London instead of Chelsea or Arsenal in football, as much as no one would say Instanbul instead of Fenerbahce or Galatasaray in volleyball.

Of course this is not against the user Seweryn1908 (:win:), but against CEV and its amateurish communication. :hit:

its really confusing, they also have Tenerife in their name. Last year when they played against Tent Obrenovac in semi final i barely find them on IG

• Taubner reminds me a bit of Drews - fast left hand in attack

Actually this is not fully applicable comparation for volleyball.

You list several examples, but more are actually the opposite.

It's more natural to say Conegliano, instead of Imocco Volley, Novara instead of AGIL,......,in volleyball it is just several examples with club brand name instead of location, so,.....

For example i won't have a clue what club is Haris, but i know what is La Laguna,....

But yes i agree that in official statements it should be club name instead of location.