CEV Champions League 2023

• Well, I didn't saw that coming. I thought Monza, er, Milano was the better team in paper. Larson entered the game way too late to turn things around for her team and she wasn't able to do much. Everything is working well on Volero's side. I enjoyed their game today! I think the libero did pretty well. As well as Kochurina and of course, Akimova. Congrats to them.

Bets were around 8 to 1.03 in favour of Milano before the match.

• I think Potsdam is currently out of shape and without captain Emonts, usually they should win in three in Belgrade, bets were clearly for Potsdam by the way.

Who care about bets? You said last time Zeleznicar dont have a chance against Schwerin and Schwerin barely save his head in Serbia. Same thing today, if Potsdam is that strong, how change Emonts/Savolkel have that much impact? Also Savolkel was best Potsdam player.

Just accept it, you are not Imoco or Eczacibasi and Serbian teams are not that far behind, at least not in the court.

• biggest disappointment of the year is jordan thompson by far.

It is probably still Eczacıbaşı's fault 🙄

• it’s funny because some ppl on here actually believe that oof

according to literally every American inside source I have, it's true.

• according to literally every American inside source I have, it's true.

This is where we are folks; one can't be 100% certain whether this post is earnest or is poking fun. How did we get to this?;(:P

• according to literally every American inside source I have, it's true.

I’m sure a couple of your American sources would also tell you that Ecza Is the root of all evil.

• Not sure Akimova can reach that level. Sure she's good buy being 21 already I don't know if she could reach that Egonu-Boko-Haak level.

Haak was much younger when she played for in the French league

• Not sure Akimova can reach that level. Sure she's good buy being 21 already I don't know if she could reach that Egonu-Boko-Haak level.

Haak was much younger when she played for in the French league

She's 20* and last season she was the best scorer in the Russian league! (or at least top 2-3, I don't remember). Furthermore, she was the best opposite, best scorer, and best attacker in the last U20 WCh. Of course, she needs to improve a lot (especially in attack efficiency) and play for better clubs. I think she's fine to replace Goncharova, of course, I don't see her single-handedly winning a tournament.

• She's 20* and last season she was the best scorer in the Russian league! (or at least top 2-3, I don't remember). Furthermore, she was the best opposite, best scorer, and best attacker in the last U20 WCh. Of course, she needs to improve a lot (especially in attack efficiency) and play for better clubs. I think she's fine to replace Goncharova, of course, I don't see her single-handedly winning a tournament.

She's almost 21. Her bday is just a few months away. And ofc she is set to replace Goncharova but as stated I don't see her getting to that elite level of the trinity. Sorry but those players were already starts since they were 17.

Awards at a youth level mean nothing honestly. Lots of players don't even make a successful jump from junior categories to senior.

• She's almost 21. Her bday is just a few months away. And ofc she is set to replace Goncharova but as stated I don't see her getting to that elite level of the trinity. Sorry but those players were already starts since they were 17.

Awards at a youth level mean nothing honestly. Lots of players don't even make a successful jump from junior categories to senior.

Are you want to say something about her current/future skills or you will continue with age story which actually means nothing. Maybe she will not reach Haak level, but her age are no indicator for that, it is safe to say that she will be almost good as Haak, if we use your understanding of almost, when saying that she is almost 21 (16.7. - more then a 6 months from now).

• She's almost 21. Her bday is just a few months away. And ofc she is set to replace Goncharova but as stated I don't see her getting to that elite level of the trinity. Sorry but those players were already starts since they were 17.

I've never said she'll make part of that trinity. She still needs to improve a lot in her skills and play for better teams in a better league. About her age, I don't think that's a factor... I know there are many players that shone earlier than others and also many players that shone later than others. For example, the first big tournament of Gamova was at 02' WC (she was 22 y.o), and the first big tournament of Sheilla was at 06' WC (she was 23 y.o). Not shining at 17 y.o didn't stop them to make history...

Of course, Akimova hasn't played a big tournament yet. She needs to be tested in future tournaments (I read somewhere they'll lift the ban, IDK). She might flop, she might not flop, who knows... the future will tell. Honestly, I wanted to Antropova to play for Russian NT in order to have a bigger competition in the position and a deeper bench, but she chose Italy. I hope other girls from the next generations fight for the spot (Maybe Nesterova? She's already playing as a starter in the Russian league). Russia can't rely on just one player.

• Are you want to say something about her current/future skills or you will continue with age story which actually means nothing. Maybe she will not reach Haak level, but her age are no indicator for that, it is safe to say that she will be almost good as Haak, if we use your understanding of almost, when saying that she is almost 21 (16.7. - more then a 6 months from now).

It's pretty simple. Age does matter when talking about this. Yes some players reach that level at an older age (say Gabi for example) but when talking about elite players it does matter when saying you're 17 or 21. Don't get me wrong I do she think she's a good prospect that can become and amazing player but I don't see her reaching that level of the trinity. Arina would be a more proper name to include in that discussion and even Terzic has discussed how she's not there yet. Players like Bosko or Egonu come prolly once every 10-20 years.

• It's pretty simple. Age does matter when talking about this. Yes some players reach that level at an older age (say Gabi for example) but when talking about elite players it does matter when saying you're 17 or 21. Don't get me wrong I do she think she's a good prospect that can become and amazing player but I don't see her reaching that level of the trinity. Arina would be a more proper name to include in that discussion and even Terzic has discussed how she's not there yet. Players like Bosko or Egonu come prolly once every 10-20 years.

I wouldn't use Gabi as an example for your argument, she was slaying already at a very young age.

There are many late bloomers (it is not even fair call a 22 as late bloomer indeed) as others mentioned above. I agree that these 3 are very exceptional players (I could even count Vargas since she was already phenomenal at the age of 16) however there are many great players who made it top only at their late ages. Basically most of American players could be great examples in that sense, none of them shone before their 20s (except Tom Logan). Also some other players like Gattaz, Gioli, Gözde, Fofao reached to legendary players status although they didn't shine before 20 years old.

• It's pretty simple. Age does matter when talking about this. Yes some players reach that level at an older age (say Gabi for example) but when talking about elite players it does matter when saying you're 17 or 21. Don't get me wrong I do she think she's a good prospect that can become and amazing player but I don't see her reaching that level of the trinity. Arina would be a more proper name to include in that discussion and even Terzic has discussed how she's not there yet. Players like Bosko or Egonu come prolly once every 10-20 years.

That's more fair, your posts sound a bit different to me, my bad impression probably.

But anyway comparing ages of trinity and Akimova is not proper for me, they are all so different.

Akimova showed up on international stage before 1.5 half year at u20 WCH and since then she is developing really fast, her transition to senior is on point so far. She had bad luck of coronavirus break (no Russia in U competitions) and bad luck in way of existing young russian superstars in Arina and Kadochkina which drew all the attention to themselves. That is the reason why i think that years are not an adequate benchmark for comparison with Haak/Bosko/Egonu. I have really high hopes for her but ofc that there is huge probability that she will not reach the level of trinity, even in that case with all the potential that russian NT have right now, she can look like a monster (at least in NT).