CEV Champions League 2023

• Who care about bets? You said last time Zeleznicar dont have a chance against Schwerin and Schwerin barely save his head in Serbia. Same thing today, if Potsdam is that strong, how change Emonts/Savolkel have that much impact? Also Savolkel was best Potsdam player.

Just accept it, you are not Imoco or Eczacibasi and Serbian teams are not that far behind, at least not in the court.

That's sports: if you would always know before the outcome, it would be boring...

• Who care about bets? You said last time Zeleznicar dont have a chance against Schwerin and Schwerin barely save his head in Serbia. Same thing today, if Potsdam is that strong, how change Emonts/Savolkel have that much impact? Also Savolkel was best Potsdam player.

Just accept it, you are not Imoco or Eczacibasi and Serbian teams are not that far behind, at least not in the court.

I think that many people underestimate serbian teams...maybe because they didnt play often in european cups

• They didn't.

lol I just remembered the Russian team with Fe Garay, Sokolova, Calderon and others flopping at the Russian league

• At that time in Turkish league only 02 foreigners were allowed tô play. If i am not mistaken some foreigner Player injured during an important match.

• Off topic but did the iconic Fenerbahce 2012 team won all trophies that season? I know they won CL but what about everything else?

https://googlethatforyou.com/

• Thanks everyone for responding to my question nicely and with facts. I can tell y'all have very pure heart and good intention in helping a fellow volleyball lover with facts. Not everyone is kind like that. Thanks again!

I can tell you have a really pure heart and good intention too by your need to only point out a players physical feature that you then go and ridicule ❤️ So kind.

• Calling someone “overweight and seems hard to move” is not body shaming.

Well, being objective these days is considered rude. Specially with the "body positivity" movement. Sports is one place where objectivity should rule more over emotions. It is simple physics that if someone is bigger, movement is a litte harder. But we can't say that apparently, because..."feelings will be hurt."

Voronkova is a great example of someone who lost weight and got much better.

• Well, being objective these days is considered rude. Specially with the "body positivity" movement. Sports is one place where objectivity should rule more over emotions. It is simple physics that if someone is bigger, movement is a litte harder. But we can't say that apparently, because..."feelings will be hurt."

Voronkova is a great example of someone who lost weight and got much better.

Thank you.

Me calling Dixon overweight and hard to move is not an insult, ut is stating facts — especially when she is playing one of the most agile positions on volleyball.

• Dixon has been with her team for quite some time. I'm sure she's aware of anything that could affect her performance.

Voronkova was also told she's "big" in many Russian comments.

She took it objectively, lost weight and now she's playing in one of the top club teams in the world.

• Thank you.

Me calling Dixon overweight and hard to move is not an insult, ut is stating facts — especially when she is playing one of the most agile positions on volleyball.

Oh I didn't know you checked her BMI and spoke with a medical professional regarding her weight :roll: I'm sorry. I don't even know how the body-positive movement made this argument, y'all acting like she looks unhealthily fat or obese.

• Oh I didn't know you checked her BMI and spoke with a medical professional regarding her weight :roll: I'm sorry. I don't even know how the body-positive movement made this argument, y'all acting like she looks unhealthily fat or obese.

Isn't the same people against "body shaming" say that BMI is not an accurate representation of someone's health?

Anyway, athletes aren't ordinary people though. Their job requires a higher percentage of fitness than the regular person that's why any slight changes can affect their performace. So in the argument about fitness in high level clubs, fitness shouldn't be a touchy or emotional subject.

Going back to my example, Voronkova won't be called obese in 2018/2019 either. But she was slow. Look at her now. She lost weight and got faster and better. It would be dishonest to say that her weight loss didn't help.

• Isn't the same people against "body shaming" say that BMI is not an accurate representation of someone's health?

Anyway, athletes aren't ordinary people though. Their job requires a higher percentage of fitness than the regular person that's why any slight changes can affect their performace. So in the argument about fitness in high level clubs, fitness shouldn't be a touchy or emotional subject.

Going back to my example, Voronkova won't be called obese in 2018/2019 either. But she was slow. Look at her now. She lost weight and got faster and better. It would be dishonest to say that her weight loss didn't help.

No it is just you basing all your argument on one example with a big assumption that her performance improvement was because of losing fat.😉 As if Eczacıbaşı was waiting for her to lose 10 pounds so that they can offer him a contract finally 😂

• Thank you.

You calling someone overweight is fine and just stating facts but me calling you out for asking things that you can very easily find by googling makes you resentful?:roll:

• Oh I didn't know you checked her BMI and spoke with a medical professional regarding her weight :roll: I'm sorry. I don't even know how the body-positive movement made this argument, y'all acting like she looks unhealthily fat or obese.

All I am saying is she is overweight and hard to move. I am not responsible for how you can come up with “unhealthily fat or obese”. That is on you.