CEV Champions League 2023

• Reception isnt a easy thing to learn

• the real test for Fener would be when Imoco in playing well. They were obviously having a bad day in this match.

Anna C managed to improve on her pass while Arina's pass was still terrible. Is it a coaching problem or a learning skill on Arina's part?

I forgot Haak played. She looked so ordinary.

Imoco wasn’t having a good day because Fener didn’t let them. I think this was a test itself alone, but yes, it is not done yet, they’ll have to advance by taking two sets. At this point, we have to accept the fact that they are a real contender.

Imoco will be well prepared next week. It is Imoco, they have proved it is not over until it is over many times in the recent years. Hopefully, Fener will advance but they’ll have to forget tonight’s game and refocus.

• Fener! :super:

I remember people have said that Ana Cristina would be wasting her time with Fener but judging from her last games, it doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I was one of those people tbh. Very happy to be proved wrong.

• only one block in three set from Imoco, and that's from Asia. This must be the worst record in term of blocking for imoco.

and on totaly out of system spike from Ana C. (without proper run, around 4m from the net).

there wasn't even too much active touches.

I would say magic if she used her middles at least for a while

I think it's very likely that Terzic asked her to prioritize the pins, because Macris has always been known for using the middle a lot. Maybe she'll set the middles more in the second match, since Santarelli will definitely be looking to change his gameplan.

• It was a phenomenal game by Fenerbache. Not only their serve pressure was immense, but their ability to score out of system balls was key for the win as well. Whenever Imoco put Ana Cristina or Arina under pressure and forced them to give an off-pass, they themselves or Vargas killed the ball anyway out of system

I think today gives Fener a huge confidence boost, but I don't think Conegliano/Santarelli will give up this easily. Hoping for a thrilling return match next week!

• If you have such damn effective wingers it's begging to be used

Often the simplest solution is the most effective :whistle:

• OMG! Are we going to witness 2 Turkish clubs at the finals? :cheesy: Thats possible right?

in 2019, favourites-vakıf lost against Novara and ecz against imoco both with golden sets, paving the way for an all Italian finale. It can be redemption, but both favourites again lose golden sets so I am still on edge.

• I'm very surprised that the two Italian teams wasn't able to reach 20 points in any set, and loose 3x0 both games, Turkish teams put up a great fight and handle them really well, next time I think will be harder, maybe we will see a golden set...

Arina's service work is insane, Ana Cristina has improved her reception, so young, playing alongside a teenager like her in reception line and doing her job with security, happy for her (and Brazil :rose:).

I'm not the biggest fan of Macris and agree she was ok today, but I think that the most important ball of the game was that one she gave it to Ruseva at the end of 3rd set when Conegliano was trying a reaction, you need nerve to do that.

• I was going to say this but I have a history of not liking her so I figured I’d get attacked. She had some really poor stretches where her hitters saved her.

You also have a history of not liking Hande but it doesn't prevent you constantly shading her obviously :roll:

• That's Macris magic for you :super:

Nuh, she was not impressive, indeed she was the best 5th best player of FB at this match 🤷

• Ana Cristina's reception is the most impressive to me, it's amazing! For me Ana could end up becoming one of the most complete and best OHs in the world in a few years, by this performance she showed, she is already on the road to just that. Even many greats struggled with receiving in this age, like KYK, many all-around and even what we know as defensive OHs started out pretty bad actually when we rewind to them as 18 yos. I can't imagine her level in a couple years:obey:

• Ana Cristina's reception is the most impressive to me, it's amazing! For me Ana could end up becoming one of the most complete and best OHs in the world in a few years, by this performance she showed, she is already on the road to just that. Even many greats struggled with receiving in this age, like KYK, many all-around and even what we know as defensive OHs started out pretty bad actually when we rewind to them as 18 yos. I can't imagine her level in a couple years:obey:

She just needs to adjust her attacking spot cuz i see that she usually attack at the same spot. Its not good once Imoco study that. Fener cant lose 3 guns.