CEV Champions League 2023

Egonu suffers from racism, both overt and systemic. Of course she does; just see how she has always been treated by Italian fans. But I don't think this is an instance of one (with the caveat that I could be wrong). There's a well documented tendency to grade the best player's performance on a scale, across all sports. That is why, even though it looks insane at first glance to criticize someone who scored 36 points, if it is one of the best players in the world and it was done with low efficiency and lots of errors, it makes sense.

I quite agree with this. I did not see the match. But from what I read I think that the problem is that she was unstable . In some set was good and in some other not so good as we expect from her. I think that about Paola all the people have more expectations from her even compared with Boskovic and Haak because she shown that she can do some thing witch nobody can do. So when we see her often to not play in her level we becoming more critical.

As for the error the number 10 it is completely normal if you have 36 points. It is not even much. About this case I think that the number is not important but the moments which she made the errors has matter. Also the 42% is good but not her best. Just this.

• Novara is in the semis, they won the first two sets, what was sufficient to proceed to the semis after winning the first match in Stuttgart already with all three points.

• What's Gabi's height? I am watching yesterday's match and suddenly she is listed as 183cm. I saw 180 and even 179 before

Gabi is 180 cm. I also noticed that Derya is listed as 185 cm in the Champions League even though she's closer to 180 cm.

• Robin talked briefly about the Fenerbache-Conegliano match in her podcast. She said the only time ever before she felt so lost in court was in the ECh final against Russia in 2015. She praised Fenerbache and said that they were simply perfect, although Conegliano should play better too. She told that the 3 main girls (Ana Cristina, Arina, Vargas) are called "the avatars" within their team. Robin said it would be a huge disappointment if they don't advance to the next round because it would be for the first time in seven years that they are not in the final 4.

Tonight is the night :love: I hope for a epic golden set

• Robin talked briefly about the Fenerbache-Conegliano match in her podcast. She said the only time ever before she felt so lost in court was in the ECh final against Russia in 2015. She praised Fenerbache and said that they were simply perfect, although Conegliano should play better too. She told that the 3 main girls (Ana Cristina, Arina, Vargas) are called "the avatars" within their team. Robin said it would be a huge disappointment if they don't advance to the next round because it would be for the first time in seven years that they are not in the final 4.

Tonight is the night :love: I hope for a epic golden set

I heard the rumour about Hancock in Fener next season. Vargas - Arina - Ana - Micha - Stysiak - Eda from service line would be insane.

• I expect Conegliano to react accordingly to their defeat last week so we 'll most likely see a stronger and determined Conegliano today. I hope Fener would prepare well too. I like both teams and it's too bad that only one of them could reach final 4.

• Fener has a golden set experience against vakıf from last year. They played many important games against vakıf and every time they saw Vakıf is stronger than last match. İmoco and Vakıf are smillar teams. I hope this helps them a lot.

• btw terzic and some fener fans are complaining about the golden set rule. they say 3-0 and 3-1 should not be counted as same result.

I think this rule is ok but wondering what this forum think about it?

• Psychological conditions are also very important at this time. Arina-AnaC-Vargas are young and sometimes I see they can be very upset when they make mistakes. They should not too hard with themselves and more enjoying and relax. Eda's role as captain to calm her team is also important.

• btw terzic and some fener fans are complaining about the golden set rule. they say 3-0 and 3-1 should not be counted as same result.

I also don't see any problems with this. Losing "normal" matches 3-1 won't get you any points either, so I don't see why that should be changed for the golden set. Btw, Robin thought they had to win 3-0 tonight and then win the golden set, but the other podcast members had to tell her that 3-1 is also enough for that 😂

• I also don't see any problems with this. Losing "normal" matches 3-1 won't get you any points either, so I don't see why that should be changed for the golden set. Btw, Robin thought they had to win 3-0 tonight and then win the golden set, but the other podcast members had to tell her that 3-1 is also enough for that 😂

lOl

• I think that IS quite Fair If The rule is known from the beggining.

A two sets defeat already makes a Lot of games só boring on this stage.

For me, the current rule is the "worst option", a better for me would be if wins with any result are counted exactly the same (then it would be too much advantage of the home court, but uncertainty would be preserved until the very end, examples are the matches Milano-Vakifbank , Scandicci- THY), if every set counted, it would be perhaps the fairest option in terms of play, but it would be extremely uncommercial, because in that case Fenerbahçe would only need one set today and that game would no longer have any importance.

The rule in charge is in the spirit of Cev and Phives, mediocre and completely in the middle of everything, with little thought about everything and again lost in essence.

I would choose that every win counts the same. But yes, than it will be harder for "underdogs".