CEV Champions League 2023

• ı wonder why Boskovic doesn't use jump serve for a while. she was doing good job in the first part of the season. yesterday if she used jump serve and had some serve runs eczacı could win the game with 3-1.

She started it after 1st game vs Chemik, when she missed the game because of back injury. So i guess she dont want to risk it, or is doctors recommendations maybe.

• In the next match, anything can happen and it's absolutely open

The score 3-2, contrary to appearances, is a good starting point despite the lost match because: Novara needs a win to advance (3-0,3-1,3-2) and Eczacıbaşı also needs to win (3-0,3-1,3-2 ) to lead to the golden set

I'm excited :super:

• Eczaci needs some ballsy moves I guess. Why not sign gizem guresen when she’s a free agent? And for the love of God find a coach. I was so happy when motta left who couldn’t achieve anything for years when he had Kim, Larsson etc. But ferhat does not have it.

• Vakifbank is winning 3:1. Fener has predictable game for Guidetti I think He prepared really good this team for the match.

Vakif just needs to have stabile reception.

• Vakifbank is winning 3:1. Fener has predictable game for Guidetti I think He prepared really good this team for the match.

Vakif just needs to have stabile reception.

yeah it is easy to keep reception stable against this fenerbahçe. Like how imoco and Eczacıbaşı did lol

• Not even decent, half-decent would do...

• Tbh I do think VB has a better chance against FB than all the teams prior, important will be the MB involvement and reception

And why is that? The only good receiver in this Vakif team is Gabi. Imoco had Kelsey and De Gennaro, which you would think can take care of reception alone.. they have Gennari and also made Haak receive, ala USA with Anderson.. and they still got murdered on the court

• Joking aside, other teams do have a competitive chance against Fener...if Fener does not play great. If they are in element, nothing any other team can do will stop them, even if they themselves have a good game.

• Vakif and Ecza will play so many matches against Fener till the end of season, i think they have more chance against Fener than Imoco. It would be interesting to see later games, when OHs got used to Arina serve, as Guidetti said its not about power, its about spin of the ball.

Btw IMO its not that important not to be aced 10x in match, teams need to serve better and in this way to break Arina and AC.

• Lol. Talking about how Boskovic was terrible but then praising Ebrars performance even though their stats were almost identical

Expectations are different from two players. One is so called best player in the world other one is not even considered one of the top 4 players in her position. Ebrar killed crucial balls while boskovic either get blocked or made an unforced error at clutch points. On top of that, Bosko is playing with a better setter and supported by better outsides.

Anyways didn't you say that you blocked me?😂 Lies🤦

• And why is that? The only good receiver in this Vakif team is Gabi. Imoco had Kelsey and De Gennaro, which you would think can take care of reception alone.. they have Gennari and also made Haak receive, ala USA with Anderson.. and they still got murdered on the court

I agree, reception against fener will be shaky anyways. I think they need to focus to break ana Cristina's Reception. She did a decent job so far but, if she is targeted at reception enough and Meliha would have to replace her, then Fenerbahçe becomes a less scary team.

• And why is that? The only good receiver in this Vakif team is Gabi. Imoco had Kelsey and De Gennaro, which you would think can take care of reception alone.. they have Gennari and also made Haak receive, ala USA with Anderson.. and they still got murdered on the court

was a bit disappointed with MokI. i expected her to be the antidote for Arina's serves. the first match was like okay, let's give her this match to adjust. but then by the 2nd match, still not there.

• Vakif and Ecza will play so many matches against Fener till the end of season, i think they have more chance against Fener than Imoco. It would be interesting to see later games, when OHs got used to Arina serve, as Guidetti said its not about power, its about spin of the ball.

Btw IMO its not that important not to be aced 10x in match, teams need to serve better and in this way to break Arina and AC.

This can be seen very well in the video below, it explains why the serves cause so much trouble:

• Imo the result of tonight's match mainly depends on the serve rhythm of Fenerbache. If they for some reason start to make a lot of errors and lose some confidence, the match will be open again. In any other case, I think Vakifbank will get sweeped of the court just like Conegliano.

However I want to add that this is women's volleyball, and no sport is as uncertain as this one. Let's not forget that an inspired Egonu is magical and another opportunity is blocking beast mode Chiaka/Zehra.

De Kruijf briefly talked about the return match against Fenerbache. She said that at the point that even Haak started to receive, she and Asia were jokingly asking each other if they also should join the reception line 😂😂

Looking forward to an exciting match :)

De Gennaro was’t always in the game because of her offense. Kelsey was the only good receiver for Imoco. I think the outcome of Vakif is depended on how Kara plays. If Kara, Gabi and the libero receives well than they will win.

• The most important thing for Vakif will be siding out at the first opportunity when Arina's serving.

In the Imoco game, they actually had plenty of chances to get Arina out of the service line (particularly during that crazy set 2 service run) and they just didn't take them. With Arina, you're going to get those crazy serves that are just impossible to defend every now and then. But as soon as you get a good ball in, you NEED to put it down. That's where Imoco lost the match IMO.