Asian Club Championship 2022

• Very interesting tournament this year, much stronger then it was before, Iranian clubs got some superstars to play for them (Nimir, Simon, Ngapeth, Perrin, Marouf), here are rosters:

https://volleybox.net/men-asia…-22-o24049/classification

1/4 finals 18. May

🇮🇷Pakyan-🇮🇶Al Bahri

🇯🇵Suntory Sunbirds-🇶🇦Al Rayyan

🇰🇿Taraz Jambil-🇹🇭Nakhon Ratchasima

🇮🇷Shahdab Yaz-🇮🇶South Gas

In bottom draw Shahdab will probably go to finals without much problem, upper bracket is crazy, Suntory vs Al Rayyan should be derby at the start. Anyone know why there aren't Chinese or Korean clubs?

• SerbianVolley

Changed the title of the thread from “Asian Club Championship” to “Asian Club Championship 2022”.
  • In bottom draw Shahdab will probably go to finals without much problem, upper bracket is crazy, Suntory vs Al Rayyan should be derby at the start. Anyone know why there aren't Chinese or Korean clubs?

Korean clubs are not interested in this event for a very long time and for China. I think you already know the answer, COVID

Suntory almost ruined the party, they beat Shahdab and brought Paykan to the tiebreak even though those super starts (Nimir and Ngapeth) showed their worth in the 5th set.

that was stupid of Shahdab to sign 3 foreigners (only 2 of them could play) just to match with Paykan. these guys didn't really help them. their young and inexperiecned coach made some terrible decisions in the semifinal

Muserskiy is still great, he deserved the MVP award, but Suntory in general had a very good tournament which made me think how come nobody from this team is in the Japan NT?! :what:

• as far as I know only in the wide roster.

still weird, only 1 player in the wide roster from the league's champion :what:

Suntory Sunbird is the champion of the final but Wolfdog Nagoya is the winner of regular season.

In fact, Suntory Sunbird lost 3 times against and only won 1 match vs Wolfdog Nagoya in regular season. Suntory lost all 4 matches against Panasonic Panther.

Japan has a weird final stage formula. Suntory benefits from the formula. I really hope Panasonic won this season so I can watch Kubiak plays in Iran.:drink:I think it will be really something!