2022 Asian Women’s U18 Volleyball Championship (June 6-13)

• In fact, China U18 NT is lack of many players (two main MBs, Wang Yi-fan and so on, the head coach was Li Chun but he didn't go to Thailand, Ye Wen replaced him) and even the aim was just Top 4 to get the chance of 2023 U19 WCH.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• In fact, China U18 NT is lack of many players (two main MBs, Wang Yi-fan and so on, the head coach was Li Chun but he didn't go to Thailand, Ye Wen replaced him) and even the aim was just Top 4 to get the chance of 2023 U19 WCH.

Somehow, age group tournaments (girls) in Asia usually ends up with China and Japan in the finals ! and in recent years Japan have come up on top in these encounters.

I suppose if Yifan was playing, the Chinese team might’ve been stronger because one of their regular starting OHs no.12 Zhang Xinrui has so far underperformed. As for backup MB no.1 Shan Linqian, her performance has been improving with each match.

The Japanese team have no weaknesses. Their main attackers, tall no.1 Kawabata, no.5 Omori and captain no. 4 Kasai are all very good. And their defence is legendary.

In the semi finals, the Koreans were let down by periods of inconsistency.....with the Japanese though, this probably won’t happen.

If the Chinese can cut down on their enforced errors and played as they did in sets 2 and 3 in the semis, it will be close. I’m looking forward to another exciting match :cheesy:

• To call "their defense is legendary" is a bit too early, don't you think? Shouldn't use the word "legendary" so easily when they're still young and haven't shown anything..

• LOL what an awkward net touch call

I remember Kozuch's "hair touch" that year.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Individual Awards

MVP: Sae OMORI (23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.pngJPN 5)

Best Setter: Sanae YOSHIDA (23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.pngJPN 11)

Best Outside Hitter: Sae OMORI (23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.pngJPN 5), Xiyue CHEN (23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.pngCHN 13)

Best Middle Blocker: Linqian SHAN (23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.pngCHN 1), Sebeen KIM (23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.pngKOR 13)

Best Opposite: Yindi WANG(23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.pngCHN 14)

Best Libero: Rin NISHIKAWA (23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.pngJPN 12)

• Gotta love a 0–2 comeback in a Final. China looked way dominant until midway through the 3rd set. The 2nd set got tight at the end but Japan was still making silly mistakes

Give it to Japan though, chins up , smiles on , all the way even when things looked dismal