FIVB World Championship 2022 - Rome

• Heidrich-Verge Depre were playing for the bronze, and winning pretty confidently against the German pair.. after a serve Joanna fell to her knees and started screaming, holding her right arm.. the screams were awful, medical team came and she stayed on the court around 15 minutes, screaming in agony… The other players were crying. I’ve never seen such horrible scenes, it was even more traumatic than Thaisa’s Eczacibasi scene…
    My guess is she tore a muscle (her triceps maybe). I’m so sorry for her and her partner, they were doing so good.. And also for the germans, nobody wants to win a medal that way

• Heidrich-Verge Depre were playing for the bronze, and winning pretty confidently against the German pair.. after a serve Joanna fell to her knees and started screaming, holding her right arm.. the screams were awful, medical team came and she stayed on the court around 15 minutes, screaming in agony… The other players were crying. I’ve never seen such horrible scenes, it was even more traumatic than Thaisa’s Eczacibasi scene…
    My guess is she tore a muscle (her triceps maybe). I’m so sorry for her and her partner, they were doing so good.. And also for the germans, nobody wants to win a medal that way

regarding this, I've heard she ruptured her rotator cuff muscles? it's a tough injury with a long recovery. it's awful to end their journey in the WCH like that

• According to German and Swiss press articles, she dislocated her shoulder. Not sure if that's the correct expression in English, I hope you understand what I mean.

Yeah… Really a shame, they were doing great lately and a bronze would be amazing.. Tillman-Muller also had a great tournament, considering Muller is so young. And they were devastated for Joanna and acted so sweet holding their towels to protect her from the sun and the cameras.

• Nuss is a-ma-zing.. so fast in defense, and she’s also able to convert all of those into kilds.. I wanna see what she’ll be able to do when teams figure her out.. I hope they don’t tho LOL

I'm ready for Kloth to really get into the beach flow... she's still very inexperienced. She was amazing indoors and has a ton of beach potential.

They got very unlucky, not being able to play in Rome :(