Challenge Cup 2023

• Jedinstvo 2-3 Ub

(25-21, 18-25, 25-12, 24-26, 9-15)

T. Miljevic 20, Tica 17, Kockarevic 12 / Celic 21, Benitez 21, Eric 13

https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…hStatistics.aspx?ID=63857

One crazy serbian 5-setter.

Jedinstvo totally fall a sleep at 16-16 in 4th set and lose a game. Interesting that they won 17-6 in blocks but they block nothing in sets they lost.

I cannot explain how and why they forget to set balls to Tica in last 2 sets, its crazy.

Last set was total choke, leaded by sleeping at end of 4th.

We will see how they will comeback after first lost in a season, they were 18/18. But i expect 0-3 in Ub.

• I wasn't able to watch live, but can't wait for replay later.

• Watched the match live. Jedinstvo started pretty slow in the first set, they just could not set the ball near the net in a counter-attack to save their life. Medved and M. Miljevic were terrible for almost the whole match. Kockarevic was pretty inconsistent in reception, almost always making mistakes at the end of each set. I think they exerted too much energy in the 4th set to come back from (I think:/) 16-9 to 16-16 and then lost 26-24. The main problem was reception, IMO. They didn't get as much middle involved in the first attack as they should have - Osmajic had 75% attack(:obey:) on just 8 attempts in a 5 set match... That number needs to be higher(Eric had 17 attempts). Maybe a big break impacted them more than Ub, considering the age of the players.

But, I do have to give credit to Perovic because she had a very good match. In all of the matches that I watched, she was really bad, also the reason why I didn't even consider her for the NT. If she can be as good as last night regularly, she would be my pick for VNL. She was often leaving Ub's OPP on a very badly formed block which was often late, and she had a pretty good feel to give the ball to the player that was hot at that moment.

The next match will probably be much better in quality because Jedinstvo will give it their all to prove that they can do it. :win:

BTW, what is with Novosel playing OH, I don't think I saw that until now. I thought she was OPP?

• They lost focus on 16-16, after that result move from 16-21 to 22-21 for Jedinstvo. Perovic killed their morale at 24-24 with set dump, probably this was turning point of the game.

Reception was bad, but i blame setter(Miljevic). Jedinstvo missed a lot of counter attacks and made game competitive.

And i hate that they didn't played game at Home, this was their first match in this arena in Nova Pazova.

Yes, Novosel was opposite, but the whole season play as a outside hitter because Cveticanin cant make a point.

• I'm pretty sure they came back from behind to 16-16, and then played point for point until the end. Maybe Bogdan can confirm on rewatch.

I agree, she could not set a ball that wasn't too low and on top of the net on a back row attack for OPP. It was bad.

The hall looks great, but it'll probably take more time to get used to it.

also if you have outside hitter such as Tica, you cannot set her just 32 balls in 5 sets. Marija completely forget about her in last 3 sets.

Granted, she didn't play the best of games but she is their best attacker in the match. Kockarecic had like 3 times more receptions than Tica, so it's not like she was targeted too much in reception. She should have gotten more balls for sure.

• I'm pretty sure they came back from behind to 16-16, and then played point for point until the end. Maybe Bogdan can confirm on rewatch.

I agree, she could not set a ball that wasn't too low and on top of the net on a back row attack for OPP. It was bad.

The hall looks great, but it'll probably take more time to get used to it.

Granted, she didn't play the best of games but she is their best attacker in the match. Kockarecic had like 3 times more receptions than Tica, so it's not like she was targeted too much in reception. She should have gotten more balls for sure.

Its not, i remember comeback, i was so thrilled :) You can check at flash score

• FC Porto - Rapid 3-2 (22-25, 28-26, 25-21, 23-25, 15-10)

Holt 30 (26/77), Jimerson 19 (12/27, 6 blocks), Vieira 16 (7/12,1 ace, 8 blocks)

Montalvo 23 (22/50), Baciu 18 (16/46), Dimitrova 18 (10/29, 8 blocks)