Chinese Female Superleague 2022/2023 (with 2022 Chinese National Championship)

• What's the league standings at the moment?

• What's the league standings at the moment?

I couldn’t find any official standings, but I take notes to record scores etc, informally...so here is what I have so far...

Standings for Pool B

1. Jiang Su WWWWW 15 points

2. Shanghai WwWWW 14 points (small w - Won by score of 3-2 gets 2 points)

3. Fujian lWWLW 10 points (small l - Lost by score of 2-3 gets 1 point)

4. Guangdong LLWWL 6 points

5. Henan WLLwL 5 points

6. Hebei LILLLL 1 point

Depending on the outcome of their match tomorrow Guangdong and Henan could switch places.

If there is something more professionally done in terms of ranking, I’ll post it here.

:|

• It seems that the CVA is going ahead with Pool C (comprising top four teams from Pool A and bottom three from Pool B) and Pool D (top four teams from Pool B and bottom three from Pool A) ....matches start on Nov 21... this despite Pool A matches being postponed for 1 month. Could they be using some sort of ranking to determine which four teams will top group A ?

http://www.volleychina.org/b/2…doc-imqqsmrp6096825.shtml

• I am predicting a win for Jiangsu over Shanghai in tomorrow’s big match. Jiangsu has top quality players in every position and even their reserves are very skillful. For today’s match against Henan, they rested setter Diao and Gong....with their replacements, Sun Yan and Zhou Yetong the team looked even stronger. Reserve OH Tang Xin replaced Wu Han in their match against Fujian yesterday and she turned out to be more effective than Wu. Jiangsu also has two of the most promising young MBs in China, imo...Yang Jia and Wan Ziyue. Shanghai’s attackers, Zhong Hui, Bricio and Wang Yindi, who have not encountered any effective blocking so far, will be tested by Yang and Wan. Shanghai’s Gao Yi has a weak attack, which often gets picked by diggers on the other side, but her blocking is efficient and she and other blockers will try to stop Wu Mengjie, Gong, Wu Han, Yang Jia and maybe Zhou Yetong and Tang Xin.

Looking forward to this match :cheesy:

• fire_cai_bin are the men's teams more richer than the women's? I seen that Shanghai made a new signing, a MB from Cameroon. Kinda late considering the league has been in play for 2 weeks already, but I guess they were willing to spend the extra money to secure the championship even though they were already favorites before this addition. lol

• It is said that the rumor is that Ni Fei-fan was afraid of spike serve and then she didn't play the match against Shanghai.

I don't know why the rumor exists.

In 2019, in the matches of Chinese NT, she wasn't afraid. However, from 2020 to now, was she afraid? like South Korean players' serves, Egonu's ones and T.Boskovic's ones?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• fire_cai_bin are the men's teams more richer than the women's? I seen that Shanghai made a new signing, a MB from Cameroon. Kinda late considering the league has been in play for 2 weeks already, but I guess they were willing to spend the extra money to secure the championship even though they were already favorites before this addition. lol

Men play volleyball? That's news to me.

I'm guessing also that player wasn't that expensive to sign either.

• It is said that the rumor is that Ni Fei-fan was afraid of spike serve and then she didn't play the match against Shanghai.

In 2019, in the matches of Chinese NT, she wasn't afraid. However, from 2020 to now, was she afraid? like South Korean players' serves, Egonu's ones and T.Boskovic's ones?

Even in 2019 vnl finals she was subbed off at times when facing the jump serve of egonu, the fivb commentator even said that she likes the fact that an jiajie brought lin li in for that rotation to help with the reception.

Even in 2019 vnl finals she was subbed off at times when facing the jump serve of egonu, the fivb commentator even said that she likes the fact that an jiajie brought lin li in for that rotation to help with the reception.

If the rumours are true, it’ll be hard for her to join the NT. Jump serves are quite common nowadays among NTs of other countries. As for NFF not playing today, I think her replacement Chen Yifan did a good job.

• Not following the league. How is Wang Yunlu doing in the CVL? Is she doing well (her performance)? What about Jin Ye? Gao Yi. Chen Peiyan? Zheng Yixin? Wang Weiyi?

All matches of Pool A had to be postponed...their host city is affected by Covid. Pool B matches took place from Nov. 10-16. Of the names you mentioned, only Gao Yi (Shanghai)

Chen Peiyan (Guangdong) Zheng Yixin (Fujian) and Wang Weiyi (Shanghai) were involved, and imo, none of them really impressed.

Players that impressed include Zhuang Yushan (Fujian) Zhong Hui, Samantha Bricio, Wang Yindi, Chen Houyu (Shanghai) Zhou Ye Tong, Yang Jia, Wan Ziyue (Jiangsu) and several others.

The good news is Gong Xiangyu looked like she’s fully recovered from injury which affected her performance in the WCH.

• How is Wang Yunlu doing in the CVL? Is she doing well (her performance)? What about Jin Ye?

they hasn't played because Beijing's matches were delayed.

Gao Yi.

not bad

Chen Peiyan?

disappointing

Zheng Yixin?

playing OPP for some reason

Wang Weiyi?

benched lmao

• Chen Houyu (2005), Wan Ziyue (2004), Yang Jia (2005), would be a good MB trio for the next U18/U20.

Edit: Add in Wang Yindi (2005), Wang Yifan (2005) the roster could be interesting. The hard part is finding stable passers and a good setter at that age group.

• OMG! Then those assessments are discouraging. This is an eye opener that 2022 NT selection was a disaster. Hope the NT selection committee will do a better job and not give preference on connections. However, it is early to fully grade those players mentioned their performances. Let’s wait and see.

• Where can I find rosters in english and possibly with shirt number so I can understand this http://www.volleychina.org/b/2…doc-imqmmthc4863997.shtml?

Sorry. I forget to update Post 2 and Post 3 in the thread.

I will update them.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Gao Yi needs to be set higher, look how low the opponents block is. Shanghai needs to use her length to their advantage.

DihD9ldXVJCRaA6EtTsa2H8MP2ivHUex9CDl9iDd7RQbLTvk6gsLiRDAsj3nli-nuIQGPzcqgNkFO89p7xGxmTQdyPpHcIB8AsCH4fL6j8rssHPrKho-xdk5BwSdzgTzjxjdigIaCduXc5DyE24h-nBGXDJVjWFcuQN4N5PBJmc6RPPz6dg9ykvNjTcQmQ

It's giving Yao Di sets at VNL 2021, but at least Gao Yi's body isn't folded in half. lol