Chinese Female Superleague 2022/2023 (with 2022 Chinese National Championship)

• Xie Shengyu's setting was so bad today. I think An Jiajie left her in longer than normal hoping she would clean up her errors, but eventually he replaced her with Mei Xiaohan.

I think An is allowing every player to have a go. Cleger is contributing in a big way from the right. Everyone is feeling upbeat, including my Qingqing ....which is nice to see :lol:

• correct, beijing and belgrade have 7 hour difference.

• I feel like Chen Peiyan succumbed to the poor coaching in Guangdong. These past couple seasons they've had a different coach each year. Had she been on a better team she could've progressed faster. I just hope Wang Yifan doesn't fall for this trap and continues to improve despite being on a low level team.

I don't know what else can be done to help CPY. I think it's up to herself, how motivated she is to learn, to improve.

WYF needs guidance, she's 17 and she will improve and do even better. Right now she's not consistent, one moment making a big hit and next moment, a wild swing. Blocking is another of her weak spot. However these skills can be horned and sharpened. Physically, she can develop her strength and speed when spiking.

One of her strengths now is her attitude while playing. She's always talking to and encouraging her teammates. She's going to be an asset to the NT.

• One thing I'd like to ask everyone's opinion. Should young players like Wang Yifan, Wang Yindi and others be encouraged to develop the jump serve technique ? I think If they're able to do that effectively...then it's a useful 'weapon' to have, but even if they don't use it, i think it helps with improving their hitting skills.

• One thing I'd like to ask everyone's opinion. Should young players like Wang Yifan, Wang Yindi and others be encouraged to develop the jump serve technique ? I think If they're able to do that effectively...then it's a useful 'weapon' to have, but even if they don't use it, i think it helps with improving their hitting skills.

They should be encouraged if they are committed to learning it. I think there's a lot of discipline needed to focus on the technique rather than just the power. If the players are just going to try to hit it hard as they can, they'll most likely develop way more errors than if they just did a normal float serve. If the players hold the image of a serve that curves and spins with accuracy (and then with power, once you mastered the first 3) in their mind while practicing the jump serve, then they'll make it

not really, topspin serve is quite overrated. better to have a good float serve and let the blocking do its thing

• Shanghai remained unbeaten in the league after winning a hard fought five setter against Beijing. They trailed 0-2 due to some sloppy play and good defending by Beijing. However in set 3 their performance improved dramatically. Opposite Wang Yindi who didn’t receive many settings earlier got more chances and she didn’t disappoint ! In the crucial moments, especially in set 5, her contribution made the difference. For me, Yindi was the standout player of this match :thumbup:

Unless you have a strong jump serve like Liu Xiaotong VNL Finals 2019 then I don't want it.

It takes a lot of energy and consistency to get it right. Maybe they can learn a hybrid serve of some sort.

• Shanghai remained unbeaten in the league after winning a hard fought five setter against Beijing. They trailed 0-2 due to some sloppy play and good defending by Beijing. However in set 3 their performance improved dramatically. Opposite Wang Yindi who didn’t receive many settings earlier got more chances and she didn’t disappoint ! In the crucial moments, especially in set 5, her contribution made the difference. For me, Yindi was the standout player of this match :thumbup:

Probably best match so far and good effort on both sides! Wang Yindi making a name for herself to become Gong's substitute. I was surprised in Zang Qianqian who looks much better after leaving Jiangsu. I would say she could make the NT since Ni Feifan's status is questionable, but then she'll just be returning to her former coach in Cai Bin. :gone:

• Beijing's young setter #4 Zhao Yalun (2004) looks pretty good. Her connection with Casanova was nice which is a good sign if she makes the U18/U20 roster and she can set Wang Yindi. She can also set the slide attack for potentially Chen Houyu, Wan Ziyue, and Yang Jia.