Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Rhaemon check out this beauty:

ps - and no bangs, for extra credit :rose:

• that's the longest hair I've seen among them. a braid ala Arina Fedorovtseva would be perfect :lol:

Mayu Ishikawa had a pretty long braid for a while, and no bangs, which I liked a lot. Remember Mayu said Manabe suggested she do it, or at least do something different?

btw - that pic is Mao Ito on Himeji from Tokai Mermaids (Summer League shot)

• Mayu Ishikawa had a pretty long braid for a while, and no bangs, which I liked a lot. Remember Mayu said Manabe suggested she do it, or at least do something different?

btw - that pic is Mao Ito on Himeji from Tokai Mermaids (Summer League shot)

it was indeed different. then she kinda got spooked by all the "cute" comments and praises that she cut it off. probably put her in the spotlight. which they don't seem to like.

• Kento Hayashi, assistant coach of the Japanese national youth teams and Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka, will be the assistant coach of Reale Mutua Fenera Chieri (series A1 Italy), under coach Julius Bregoli...

It's definitely not the right place but I wouldn't know where to put the news...

• Kento Hayashi, assistant coach of the Japanese national youth teams and Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka, will be the assistant coach of Reale Mutua Fenera Chieri (series A1 Italy), under coach Julius Bregoli...

It's definitely not the right place but I wouldn't know where to put the news...

I'm not usually aware of assistant coaches much, but I'm very keen on Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka (The KLF). Kento's resume strikes me such that I imagine he contributed well to The KLF's rapid growth as a team. They looked very competent in the Summer League for a team that's two year's old. Good luck to him :drink:

• How come nobody posted that Antônio Marcos Lerbach is in cahoots with Denso:

"I am honored to join Denso Airy Beads this season. I think this year will be a year of many challenges for me and the team. I look forward to contributing to the team's success"

Source

• Phoenix sorry I forget where I recently read it but Ayane Sato says now that she's Captain she wants to try harder to show her stuff and actually get some playing time. I'm all for it :drink:

• Something you won't here me say very often: Kurobe MB Anri Nakamura cut her hair in some kind of bob format and it's very cute. Makes her look model-y. She should open an instgram account or something

• V.League 2023–24 Thread Started

• V.League 2023–24 Thread Started