Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Glad to see Aika Hayashida has showed up as a transfer hoper. Enjoyed her Uni work with Fukuoka. She got a little playing time with KRob's Toyota when she showed up mid year 2021-22 (48.2% kill, .62/set blocking), but got zero playing time in 2022–23

• Hey RETAKC ... what's your fave V.League team?

If you are a VLeague stan like me, you're getting pumped up for the Summer League. First Tournament of the 23/24 Season. A chance to see newcomers and benchwarmers in all their glory

Don't miss it :dance4:

• Derya is going to Hitachi. The only reason someone put her rumoured for Kurobe is because Tugba played there.

What's the source of this Derya to Hitachi? This is not a good move for Hitachi if it's real. They are goofy and fun and have an abundance of pin hitters. What the heck

• I like that Kurobe is taking the V.League reorganization seriously. From their point of view if they don't make the top league they might as well close up shop. They are opening an "Aqua Fairies Square" to look cooler to the community and make some extra cash. Each team has to handle 400 million yen annually and they are 100 million short. Good luck kids

In my limited view of the Internet I've only seen Kurobe and Breath Hamamatsu saying anything about the new league and what they plan to do about it (hopefully). I guess the top 8 or so V1 teams take it as a no-brainer, but I wonder about the other lower V1 teams and a few of the V2 teams. I'm excited about this whole thing

The KLF make it for sure :super:

Starting off, with 12-16 teams in the "top" league it will be probably more lopsided than V1 is now. The teams with money will buy top flight BCS while the Kurobes of the world will likely not be able to. Either way, I will consider it a success if all the teams change their names to include their home town, and the ones without a home town will get one

• many of the teams in the current V1 will push forward. It will still be powered by the big corporate money, just slightly changed.

• Kotoe Inoue is in the transfer list

and 4 Kurobes. this is a world record of transfer hoping.. New world

• Wait until all those Toray girls move to the Transfer list :cheesy:

This may backfire on some of them who think they can better their lives. There's too many. Some gotta go to V2

• Did the Toray girls leave cause they finally got frustrated on how they can't win the championship even though they've been in the finals a few times now? :lol:

• I love how Prestige Aranmare makes up these names for how they are going to attack. First was "Super Spike", or something mundane like that, which didn't yield results. So last year they upped it to the "Ultra-uber-super-whammy Spike", or something like that. This year in V1 they are going with: "3D Synchronized Combination" volleyball.

"Normally, attacks tend to be flat only in the vanguard, but by having the back members hit from various positions, the front and back can create a three-dimensional effect and confuse the opponent" :lol:

:super:

• This is V1 and V2 combined:

2020 leavers = 87

2021 leavers = 106

2022 leavers 119

2023 leavers 124 so far

We're far past the season of HS and Uni kids getting signed. There are 18 players on the Transfer Hoper list at this time. I imagine another 10 will jump over there (like the Toray Girls)

Ten teams don't have enough players to satisfy their S1 License requirements. I'm not sure if the deadline is July 1st when Summer League starts but they are supposed to have 14. Wouldn't it be funny if they pulled the plug on some teams :lol:

This is how many those in violation have:

9 Chiba Angel Cross

10 Toray

10 Breath Hamamatsu

11 Artemis

11 PFU

11 Forest Leaves

11 Ligare Sendai

13 Kurobe

13 SAGA

13 Hiroshima Oilers