Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• teams can register high school and university players into their clubs, per league regulations and also all clubs are supposed to have junior pyramids under their team as part of the V.League regulations. This may be how Okayama tries to get younger talent, but at a much younger stage than others who wait until high has ended (scouting them and trying get the to sign with their team).

there 4 different player contracts ABCD

https://vleague.or.jp/files/pd…ensing_rules_20210421.pdf

A is a contract as a regular employee of the parent company or affiliated organization

B is a limited time contract of the parent company or affiliated organization

C is as a sole proprietor

D is anything outside A-C

I am going to guess that majority of players are A-B, B of course being limited time transfers.

C would probably the contract for the foreigners in the league.

• i always wonder why the Japanese seem to "rush" into retirement before or by the time they hit 30 (with only a few exceptions). Kobata's retirement was rather sudden considering her age and she seems to be in the top of her game

That's Kobata's decision there's nothing anyone can do about that. As you can see veterans like Ishii and Nagaoka are still around. Let's not even get started with Aimi Kawashima at Okayama she's been around in like forever. Ebata certainly didn't rush despite multiple injuries. So I don't know who else you would be referring to who rushed into retiring.

Generational shift happens and it's not exclusive to Japanese.

• That's Kobata's decision there's nothing anyone can do about that. As you can see veterans like Ishii and Nagaoka are still around. Let's not even get started with Aimi Kawashima at Okayama she's been around in like forever. Ebata certainly didn't rush despite multiple injuries. So I don't know who else you would be referring to who rushed into retiring.

Generational shift happens and it's not exclusive to Japanese.

In comparison to other nationalities, there's a few Japanese players (specially the ones from the NT) who don't stay very long. Those people you mentioned are just a few. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Just seems to be something that's way less common in others.

• is yamanaka going to ageo? sitenoise im pretty sure it was her i saw training with yuri yoshino

She signed with them in January

• Not really a big whoop, but kind of interesting about the libero who just joined Toyota from Kurobe:

"Yuka Tateishi's mother is Ikuyo Namura, the former surname who participated in the 1992 Barcelona Olympics with Motoko Obayashi, director of the V League Organization, Tomoko Yoshihara of JT Marvelous, and Asako Tajimi of Hitachi Rivale"

according vbm

[edit] Kumi Nakada was also on that Olympic team but the article neglected to mention her

• She's the same height as her mom lol

• One thing that's still a mystery to me is , if players are paid by the company , how do they distinguish between what , say , Koga gets paid and what Ai Hirota gets paid? The "team" must have input on that, because it couldn't be based on the "job" they do ...

Also, one area of "improvement" over 'organizing materials and cleaning the warehouse' or having a 'desk job' ... might be something like: if they notice a player has some skill or interest in something that might play out after they stop volleyball they set them in that direction. For example, Mizuki Yanagita may go around to all the god-friendly cafes she likes and try to get them to upgrade their point of sales systems to NEC products and services. This may be part of the "Sports Business Group" Koga is affiliated with.

Something like that

• She's the same height as her mom lol

We need to keep an eye on her this year

• It must be a humbling experience for Megumi Fukazawa to get benched in the U20 tournament. I hope this isn't a sign she's about to enter tweener regression and take three years to come out of it

Tsugumi is playing well

It's also interesting to see Toyota bench setter Haruka Kaji looking like a seasoned pro (compared to the other U20 setter). I wonder if she'll graduate to more than the dub subber with Toyota

• PFU libero Kanoha Kagamihara "will be leaving the group at the end of July" and will "move on to [her] second life in the future"

I knew it was coming, but still ;(