Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• It would be exquisite if Zehra came to Japan but I think very unlikely. Ogbogu would also be welcome, but it would be nice to see SAGA's MBs get full time shots instead of only one.

I wish SAGA would go import free. They seemed stocked better than other teams to win a championship foreigner free. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it :box:

• They cannot afford Zehra Gunes. Nobody can.

She is the best Turkish MB and Vakif don't have replacement, so maybe they can manage to boost Zehra salaries if insist with transfer.

Guidetti will be the first to block Zehra's transfer of ever:lol:. But nothing wrong with "dreaming". Ogbogu would be good for Japan. She's like Akinradewo.

• No Japanese team is going to pay Turkish rates, unless they believe it will get them a title. Even then, that is a lot of money and after two years of Covid with lower crowds, that may be too big of a step.

$200K-300K for a player, yes, not unexpected. $500K is going to be multiple year contract, better be bringing titles with you.

Saga just won the title, I think that they would be favorites with a foreign opposite coming in.

Toray/NEC are probably tied for second. JT has fallen backwards without Thatdao and Annie, Karsta will be ok, but not Annie level.

Ageo are decent, but that is a big splash and they just had Lorene....I don't know if it would push them over Toray and NEC.

• JT has fallen backwards without Thatdao

Do we know Thatdao isn't sticking around? I haven't seen any bye-bye from her , have I?

• sitenoise you might be interested in this. Kantele is streaming live on youtube

4th Kansai Highschool Championship (Women)

Hey that's cool. I'll pop in. I don't know if there will be anyone any good there but it's nice to see ... seems there is more volleyball getting self live streamed these days

Remember our cute new Kawai Guy in Charge says: "If you want people to love volleyball you have to show them volleyball" :drink:

• Hey that's cool. I'll pop in. I don't know if there will be anyone any good there but it's nice to see ... seems there is more volleyball getting self live streamed these days

Remember our cute new Kawai Guy in Charge says: "If you want people to love volleyball you have to show them volleyball" :drink:

Yoshitake participated last year so I'm sure there are some hidden gems there

• Her first U20 experience was a bust. She looked promising during Kurowashiki but wasn't able to show any of that prowess at the U20.

I don't know what went down tbh. I was only able to watch the first match. I wanted to see the Furukawa setter since their coach sounded especially fond of her but I don't think she did well either.

• Yoshitake participated last year so I'm sure there are some hidden gems there

I had to look it up. It's not something I've been tracking

This was the SF (played earlier today--can't find scores but we know who won):

• Kinrankai (Osaka) v Hikami (Hyogo)
    • Jonan Gakuen (Osaka) v Shitennoji (Osaka)

Anna Uemura (U20 MVP) and Sanae Omori (U18 MVP) play for Kinrankai . I don't know if they will be there. Probably, tho

I don't know anyone on the other teams. Congratulations Kinrankai :cup:

• I don't know what went down tbh. I was only able to watch the first match. I wanted to see the Furukawa setter since their coach sounded especially fond of her but I don't think she did well either.

Furukawa setter was very disappointing. Made me a sad

Yoshitake didn't dress for the last match or two. I forget. Still a mystery what happened to her and Saiki , who also didn't dress. They weren't even in house for the Final

• Anna Uemura is there, and the tiny Kinrankai libero from U20. Not seeing Sanae Omori yet.

It's a really good stream!

I'm rooting for Jonan Gakuen because they have a player whose haircut seems to exceed the dictated high school length. She looks like a freak :rose:

• Well dang, Jonan took the first set 25-20 and looked good. After that they look scared, and Kinrankai took the second set 25–10, and are up 9–2 in the third :white:

• A Kinrankai Krush (3 set match). I don't know what that was the "Final" for. There are so many regional qualifying tournaments that go on: National Sports Festival, Inter-High, Empress Cup, the All Japan National 6-Person Volleyball League Comprehensive Overall Grand Champions Cup Final Men's and Women's Championship Tournament thing; and more. Maybe it's just a "Hey we won the Kinki (Kansai) Tournament"

Kinrankai's new Stretch Limosine:

Miina Inoue 182cm MB second year. I came across that video a year or two ago when I was looking for a picture of Airi Furukawa. They were together for the JOC business. She seemed like a poised youngster with hype so I added her to volleybox with no idea about her. She has that weird "hunch-back" posture where it seems like the body grew faster than it was prepared for. She played okay, nothing near lights out