Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Denso's Minami Nakamoto just announced that she had married Hitachi's Ruriko Uesaka's brother, Masaki, a year ago. Masaki plays for Men's V3 team Toyota Motor Sun Hawks

vbm.link

• The National Sports Festival Final Round is October 7–10 this year. The Block Rounds just finished this weekend. Hitachi withdrew due to covid. Here's the teams who'll be representing in the Final Round

Block

Winning Team

Prefecture

Losers

Hokkaido

Artemis Hokkaido

Hokkaido

Students

Tohoku

Ligare Sendai

Miyagi

NEO AKITA

Prestige

Yamagata

Tanabe Group

Kanto

Saitama

Saitama

Gunma, Yamanashi Chuo, Juntendo, Hitachi

Shoin

Kanagawa

NSSU

Hokushin’etsu

PFU

Ishikawa

Kurobe, Brilliant Aries, UoHW, Fukui club

Tokai

Breath Hamamatsu

Shizuoka

JA Gifu, Veertien Mie, Shizuoka, Viore NAGOYA

Kinki (Kansai)

Toray

Shiga

Kyoto Tachibana, Tezukayama

Kobe Shinwa Women

Hyogo

Nara, Wakayama

Chugoku

Okayama

Okayama

Shiseikan

Hiroshima Oilers

Hiroshima

?

Shikoku

Kagawa Selection ?

Ehime

Club Ehime

Kyushu

SAGA

Saga

Okinawa

Forest Leaves

Kumamoto

Miyazaki

Fukuoka Girasol

Fukuoka

Nagasaki

Host Prefecture

Tochigi Selection

Tochigi

Also, the University Autumn League Tournaments are starting in the next couple weeks. It's the first shot at seeing who's likely to show up in V.League this winter. Nothing scheduled yet at UNIVAS LIVE. Let's hope they stream the matches again this year

• JT also withdrew but I'm not sure if it's for that event. They've withdrawn at so many tournaments already.

I think you're right, but it was earlier at the Prefecture level. Info is scarce, and at the Prefecture level it's full on chaos with so many teams/tournaments I can't pay much attention because my head would explode

• I think you're right, but it was earlier at the Prefecture level. Info is scarce, and at the Prefecture level it's full on chaos with so many teams/tournaments I can't pay much attention because my head would explode

Hence why I don't follow them.

• Videoflow/stadiumtube are going to host the Empress Cup Block Round matches again. For some reason not live, but the day after, or so on VOD. These are the AI Camera people

• The Kanto University Tournament is on the UNIVAS Schedule :woohoo:starting 9/10

• I cry foul :!: Saitama is using Ota Ward Gymnasium to host a fake "home" game  :thumbdown:

• FWIW Himeji won the Kinki (Kansai) Comprehensive Championship. Beat Toray in the SF and Kobe Shinwa (Kansai Spring League Uni Champs) in the Final

Minor bragging rites. I thought it was part of the Empress Cup Block Round, but it's not

• I miss the Empress Cup web site with rosters and roster photos X( :cursing: :wall: I need confirmation that #20 for Chukyo University is Ayane Soga. She's a player

• Do you know anything about the Sara Lozo case? :/

• When Time Out Floor Sweepers cheat:

• Do you know anything about the Sara Lozo case? :/

The latest 'rumor' I read was that she is, or may be, paying a penalty to Romania in order to play for Saitama. But who knows?