Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• I wonder why Saga ...or is it Sakai? who keeps going with Nakagawa? they could easily swap her for someone more interesting. Reina Tokoku doesn't seem to be playing for any club atm but even she's more promising than Nakagawa. Nakagawa was potential material in 2018 but that's clearly not the case anymore.

• I wonder why Saga ...or is it Sakai? who keeps going with Nakagawa? they could easily swap her for someone more interesting. Reina Tokoku doesn't seem to be playing for any club atm but even she's more promising than Nakagawa. Nakagawa was potential material in 2018 but that's clearly not the case anymore.

I thought Tokoku retired? she's helping Kudo at Denso.

Saga keeps Nakagawa because she keeps getting invited to the NT for some reason.

• I thought Tokoku retired? she's helping Kudo at Denso.

Saga keeps Nakagawa because she keeps getting invited to the NT for some reason.

Did she?! my point is Nakagawa hasn't really grown further over the years. Maybe Saga is a bad fit for her but seeing her playing OH isn't helping her. She could go to NEC they need an OPP right. Sakai doesn't know what to do with her she's not a scoring machine nor a good defensive player.

• Saga and JTEKT with Nishida Yanagida and that other NT guy plus Urnaut is a classic example of thinking they are reinforced because they have a bunch of NT players.

Cramming NT players in a team is a death sentence.

On the other hand, I'm glad to see Imamura playing well. I'm hoping she becomes their Inoue this season.

• I think so. Pimpichaya was taken off the court due to cramp so I think it maybe related to the fitness and/or cold weather.

it's the first time I am watching the Japanese league...I wanted to see how the Thai players are doing. It's unfortunate that Pimpichaya was injured...I hope it's not serious and she'll be alright for the next game....

• Just from opening night it seems like there might be more parity in the league this year, but the good teams with good coaches (and BCS) will get better throughout the year while the upstarts might stumble.

The top teams had some questionable lineups. At least the bottom feeders from last year put on a good show to start things off

• Pimpichaya is back. Thanks goodness

I'm surprised Mai Irisawa's getting the start for Hitachi

• What happened to that SAGA setter from Tsukuba, can't remember her name

• Looks like Tugba is going to be one of those imports who takes a while to figure it out, or get in shape, or whatever :rose:

[edit] She's got some good sneaky push things going on now

• I'm going to wait and see who else Hitachi can beat before judging Kurobe. Yeah

• I like that SAGA Fukazawa got her chance to start. She even got the VOM!

Good numbers from her 24/46 and Araki 11/14