Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Shout out to Miwako Osanai who seems to be having the most fun playing volleyball I've ever seen her have. She's hitting 44.9% and receiving 64%. Hope it sticks

And Mai Irisawa might be back. Bless her heart. She was as good as retired the past couple years, especially with Hitachi signing Watanabe, but she fought her way back into the lineup. You go girl :drink: She's got her serve back, she's getting hands on a lot of balls, and she puts it away with extreme angle from time to time. Her best year was her first, when Miya Sato knew where to give her the ball and made a star out of her. Hitachi's aggressive little rapscallion southpaw setter, Keito Saiga, is improving a lot and looks like she knows where Mai likes it

This is the Year of Hitachi :super:

• Tugba's problem is she needs to put Tugba on the back of her shirt. Ivegin doesn't make any sense :what:

• Tugba's problem is she needs to put Tugba on the back of her shirt. Ivegin doesn't make any sense :what:

Girl didn't even use Şenoğlu on her shirts, Turkish players generally use first name. But ofc they gotta show the husband's last name when married. I can't with these married players

• Girl didn't even use Şenoğlu on her shirts, Turkish players generally use first name. But ofc they gotta show the husband's last name when married. I can't with these married players

I thought she did use Şenoğlu :/ Maybe with NT and not club?

Players should really check in with the forum here before using some name we disapprove of :teach:

• I thought she did use Şenoğlu :/ Maybe with NT and not club?

Players should really check in with the forum here before using some name we disapprove of :teach:

Ugh yes recently with the NT it's become the norm I think but that's a recent thing. And in clubs it doesn't happen at all. And she is playing club :gone: so at least spare us.

• Nice that there is an early game tonight to watch without having to juggle a handful all at once

I want some Watabiki action tho,

• Iwasawa setting Iwasaka for the kill . I'll take that all day long :drink:

• How do Lozo and Tuğba look in the Japanese league?

• How do Lozo and Tuğba look in the Japanese league?

Lozo hasn't played yet. Tugba looks confused and slow

• It's like PFU didn't get the memo that the season has started :aww:

Saitama is making this out the gate run without Lozo, Uchiseto, Yoshino (she did get a little court time in set 1) , Yamanaka (although cracking the Jaja/Kyoko MB rack will be hard), not to mention the fabulous Mako Shiina ... and Saitama has a couple very promising kids in the bank. Damn, they're deep

• Jaja Facial -> Takasou :box:

• ageo is on fire!!!! This team's looks much confident than past seasons and they have very deep pool as i see a new faces not their usual starting players.

Also, what is happening to pfu. On paper they have good players too looks like 3 foreign players lol.

• Aki Meguro 15/31 :rose:

PFU:

Watanabe 1/7

Hosonuma 1/4

Takaso 2/12

4T 3/11

Acosta 5/13

Valdes 10/27

Shima 5/25

:white:

• Miiku Iwasawa , goofy looking girl:

Full Stan :rose:

• Kyōko Aoyagi doesn't enough love, or any love for that matter. She's a very fine player and a fabulous personality. She's been an Ageo rock for years (she turns 31 next month) getting better with age

• Yes, she is good. Wondering JNT never call her?

I've wondered that myself. She's really bloomed in the last 4 or 5 years

• Denso looks pretty fired up, starting the Yokota sisters. Sayaka is impressing

On the other court Himeji looks spirited up, Plak seems a little more dialed in

Kurobe's libero is getting my attention :rose:

• Hitachi's setter gets under everything. No bump sets from her

I think it speaks well of Hitachi in that , at first blush it looks like Denso is crushing this match, and yet Hitachi is quietly hanging in there, grabbing the lead just now