Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• I think I just noticed a horrible flaw for Kurobe, their rotation.

Tugba had the most serves of her team, so you might think when she back she gets a decent amount of back attacks, nope, Pinpichaya had 18 attempts to Tugba’s 3.

Why so low?, because Pinpichaya is one rotation earlier, playing both foreigners side by side. Just crazy, considering they are not middles.

Tugba and Pimpichaya probably get about the same number of pipe attacks. Pimpichaya's number is inflated by OP-y 'back attacks'. But I was wondering last night why Tugba doesn't get more pipe attacks

When all else fails, blame the setter

Pimpichaya has a lot more jump and agility than Tugba. There was a funny play last night where Pimpichaya geared up for an OP-y back attack and the set was hogwash so she knocked it over with her left hand ... and scored :cheesy:

At some points it seems like Kurobe is playing Pimpichaya-Ball, but Takahashi gets about the same number of sets. It's just that Pimpichaya scores about twice the rate of Takahashi

Takahasi is up there with Toyota's libero in disappointment action for me so far this year. She won the Spike Award last year with Brilliant Aries ... but they have a much better setter than Kurobe and V2 doesn't have any 193cm players on the other side of the net :white: I think she figures it out. She's a smart player

• You guys should vote for your favorite underrated players so they stand a chance to attend the V League All Stars in Aichi. This system is kinda stupid and unfair for those busting their asses off and should attend the event

Currently leading in votes

OP 1st is Nagaoka 2nd is Hayashi

OH Koga followed by Mayu

MB Yamada then Shimamura

Setter Seki then Miyashita

Libero Fukudome then Toe

V League said the spikers with number of votes from 2 categories will not be combined. Their highest vote in whichever category OP/OH will be their final

• Top Five Fan Vote Getters for All Stars:

Sarina Koga 4,934 OH

Nichika Yamada 4,569 MB

Mayu Ishikawa 4,510 OH

Nanami Seki 4,072 Setter

Yuki Ishii 3,368 OH

Miyu Nagaoka is leading OP 2,416

Satomi Fukudome is leading Libero 2,194

JVL

• I'm not sure I get how to vote on that thing. Do I have to collect a certain amount of cards to be able to vote?

Since it is an ALL STAR shouldn't all the NT members be there as a given. VL has gotten so bad at hosting these special events. The last couple of ASGs have been so dull and unforgettable. They should take notes from W League where 17K people attend every year. The last good ASG was probably back in 2018 when Araki was Referee and they made all the foreign players fight each other.

• Let's not forget about how they did Ebata dirty not inviting her to the All Star game before she retired smdh

• Let's not forget about how they did Ebata dirty not inviting her to the All Star game before she retired smdh

wait did eba not attend the 2019 all stars? i remember her attending it but im not sure now. the one where they all had stickers on their faces right that night ended so quick

• wait did eba not attend the 2019 all stars? i remember her attending it but im not sure now. the one where they all had stickers on their faces right that night ended so quick

She wasn't there. 2018 was her last ASG

• jT / Kurobe isn't any fun yet :|

• Fun match of the night. Okayama's two New Gen players Amika Saiki, and Angry Fu Xintian are really strutting their stuff

• "Angry" Fu ?!!!

Someone pointed out that in a lot of her still pics on the internets she looks angry. It's true. I decided to run with it because in reality she's probably the goofiest, most I'm a party burrito player in the league

Chinese exchange student, had a good run with her Japanese HS team, enrolled in a non-volleyball college in Japan and one day decided to call the Okayama Coach and ask for a tryout. Her dream was to play with Haruka Miyashita. Dropped out of college. The name on her shirt, "Maika" is from Mai Yamaguchi, her idol, and Haruka

• Finally Toyota's libero is calling a little attention to herself :thumbup:

I don't know if something happened to Yamagami but Haruka Kaji (of recent U-20 fame) has been setting for Toyota since somewhere in Set 1

Saiki is 13/27 and Angry Fu is 10/18 with 4 blocks but Okayama's not getting much from anyone else