Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Himeji's gotta ditch the skirts. They aren't even Squorts any more. They aren't attractive in any way and make them look unserious and silly :down:

• Why NEC and Kurobe have these basketball-like courts, are they multi-functional. Idk if I'm remembering things but I could have sworn Kurobe even had basketball pots :rolll:

• Why NEC and Kurobe have these basketball-like courts, are they multi-functional. Idk if I'm remembering things but I could have sworn Kurobe even had basketball pots :rolll:

Yes a lot (most?) of the venues are multi-purpose

• 2022.12.03 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Toray 2–3 Saitama

23-25

25-27

25-18

25-20

13-15

111–105

Himeji 0–3 JT

16-25

19-25

14-25

49–75

Denso 1–3 Toyota

25-20

22-25

21-25

16-25

84–95

Hitachi 0–3 Okayama

17-25

17-25

20-25

54–75

PFU 0–3 SAGA

18-25

19-25

14-25

51–75

NEC 3–1 Kurobe

23-25

25-21

25-17

25-19

98–82

Fly me to Saitama

Toyota's a good team now

Himeji lost

Kurobe

Come on Hitachi. This is your year

I'll have to catch replays, was watching Uni Ball

• Koga's attack efficiency is so high for an OH. She's never went below 30% so far. How I wish she's playing for Vakifbank replacing MBH.

Edit: She's also currently the top 3 blocker. Just wow :woohoo:

• Himeji's gotta ditch the skirts. They aren't even Squorts any more. They aren't attractive in any way and make them look unserious and silly :down:

I just took a look, and they're definitely just like skirts, with too much flare at the hem. Definitely not like sports skorts at all :gone:

Why do some sports do this, give their female players skorts/skirts? Even in badminton some of the teams do it and the players have to wear tights inside for extra protection :down::down:

• I just took a look, and they're definitely just like skirts, with too much flare at the hem. Definitely not like sports skorts at all :gone:

Why do some sports do this, give their female players skorts/skirts? Even in badminton some of the teams do it and the players have to wear tights inside for extra protection :down::down:

You guys are right it's so unflattering. Victorina is heavy on their "feminine image" but does that even matter when the team itself is suffering. Really tough seeason for them. Their coach doesn't know what to do with their OHs.

• Tomorrow will be the last game of the year after that they're celebrating with the All Stars in Aichi event. I hope VL does better. They should stop with the extremely long talks by Obayashi no one really cares for that segment even the players are seen yawning every time.

• Tomorrow will be the last game of the year after that they're celebrating with the All Stars in Aichi event. I hope VL does better. They should stop with the extremely long talks by Obayashi no one really cares for that segment even the players are seen yawning every time.

Empress Cup is on the 10th I think. It never ends this early

• Empress Cup will be streamed at that AI Camera joint videoflow/NTTSportict「 STADIUM TUBE

All the matches up to the SFs will be streamed live. The SF and Final won't be shown live but will be available in archive after the fact

• is this free?

Yes!

It's a little disappointing coverage tho ... a single AI net line camera that drifts back and forth with the ball

• 2022.12.04 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Toray 3–1 Saitama

26-28

25-23

25-19

25-15

101–85

Denso 2–3 Toyota

25-23

25-17

27-29

19-25

11-15

107–109

NEC 3–1 Kurobe

23-25

25-23

25-20

25-20

98–88

Himeji 0–3 JT

20-25

25-27

14-25

59–77

Hitachi 3–1 Okayama

25-21

25-18

20-25

25-20

95–84

PFU 3–1 SAGA

16-25

25-22

25-20

25-20

91–87

After being immersed in Uni-Ball this past week, I tuned into the last set and a half of the Denso Toyota match. It was a stark reminder of how ugly Japanese volleyball is with Big Foreign Swingers :down:

I didn't see the SAGA collapse but followed the score a bit. They were up 22–16, maybe 18 (if livescore was accurate) in the 2nd set and lost it 22–25. I guess they just fell apart after that

Himeji lost

• You guys are right it's so unflattering. Victorina is heavy on their "feminine image" but does that even matter when the team itself is suffering. Really tough seeason for them. Their coach doesn't know what to do with their OHs.

Can they ditch the focus on image and focus on the performance instead? :hit:I can't take Tanaka Saki in those skirts, it doesn't really look professional at all :gone:

Is their coach new?

Himeji lost

Cause of those damn skirts :aww::aww:

• Is their coach new?

Kiyoshi Abo is new Head Coach this year. He was Himeji GM from their beginning, and was U-Squad Head Coach before that. He's been around a lot. Never really liked his quiet, unhappy way of being

• My heart melted to the ground watching this. And I don't understand a single word of what she says. Still I can feel all the emotion, all the pain she has been going through in the last years and some kind of freedom for overcoming all this s**t. 😭😭😭❤️