Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• I hadn't noticed Wada before and I can't remember if she has played in the past. I know she's been with JT since their championship reign but she hasn't really stood out until this season

I saw her quite a bit in various Uni HS and U-Squad off ramp tournaments and never really liked her, mostly because she would play in place of other players I wanted to see more. She Captained one squad, so she's had supporters. But as you say she hasn't stood out until this year with JT. I don't think she's played much. She got some play time last year and did well but she's really confident and in a groove now

Also I realize now that I can't get into Fukuzawa I just don't like her but she is no doubt a good candidate for the future NT

Totally agree. No denying her skill set ... for me, I just don't like her posture . She's not the type player I'm gonna root for

• I saw her quite a bit in various Uni and U-Squad off ramp tournaments and never really liked her, mostly because she would play in place of other players I wanted to see more. She Captained one squad, so she's had supporters. But as you say she hasn't stood out until this year with JT. I don't think she's played much. She got some play time last year and did well but she's really confident and in a groove now

It’s the opposite for me because even though she has more playing time now, she has always been a standout for JT for me. I am not a fan of JT as a team, so I always think when I watch them before that when they let Annie sit, it’s kind of unfair because her replacement is so good. She is efficient as a double sub and a better floor defender. Last season, there were a lot of weeks that she is in the top 5 in the attack% ranking on the VLeague website (just like this seeason), but she finished 9th last season and the best local wing spiker in attack% by far. I’m happy she is getting more playing time now.

• I'm watching PFU vs Saga but why tf are the men so noisy have they always been like that lmao

Those boys are B Court and the girls are C Court. I noticed the past couple days that the girl matches on D Court are much better. The sounds and atmosphere match the girls game more. You hear the girl ball hits clearly and aren't distracted by cheering etc. from the boys that doesn't match what you are watching

• Also those bleachers with cheering squads for Court B weren't there until tonight because there were matches on A Court

I think the girls have them now too (below our view) but they aren't as loud

• I noticed the past couple days that the girl matches on D Court are much better. The sounds and atmosphere match the girls game more. You hear the girl ball hits clearly and aren't distracted by cheering etc. from the boys that doesn't match what you are watching

I enjoyed the atmosphere and sounds of the Tsukuba vs JT game yesterday. If I remember correctly, that is also the D court. It was a good game from both teams, too bad Tsukuba didn't get to win it :lol:

• It’s the opposite for me because even though she has more playing time now, she has always been a standout for JT for me. I am not a fan of JT as a team, so I always think when I watch them before that when they let Annie sit, it’s kind of unfair because her replacement is so good. She is efficient as a double sub and a better floor defender. Last season, there were a lot of weeks that she is in the top 5 in the attack% ranking on the VLeague website (just like this seeason), but she finished 9th last season and the best local wing spiker in attack% by far. I’m happy she is getting more playing time now.

I didn't give her enough love last year. I wasn't ready to like her yet. Dub Subbing is one thing. Kitsui was a good dub sub. I think Wada is proven way beyond that now. She has a great style -- that Annie Drews Bullet Train speed in her approach. She's scary for such a small person. Solid little body

• I enjoyed the atmosphere and sounds of the Tsukuba vs JT game yesterday. If I remember correctly, that is also the D court. It was a good game from both teams, too bad Tsukuba didn't get to win it :lol:

That was court D, the camera is closer and presumably the mics, and there's a buffer empty C Court.

Surprised me that Tsukuba was right there with JT the whole match pretty much until court switch in the Tie Break

• Where can I follow the results of the Cup matches live? :/

• Where can I follow the results of the Cup matches live? :/

https://www.videoflow.io/channel/vfc-_4mg2q0ae

• I think PFU's new libero is doing a pretty good job too. She just did one of those dives where the ball got deflected away but she had to complete the dive anyway. I love those :love:

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but now with the new Google Captcha additional award of 10 million ¥, this two weekends tournament pays more than winning V.League

• I want to believe that Saga's decision to switch from Sakae to Inoue means Nagaoka will be more active as the EC progresses and by the championships but right now I'm having fun watching Nakajima.

I think it's over for Shirasawa. She won't have a lot of opportunities after this.

• Isn't it part of the new JVA commission thingy. Actually I thought it was only for students

I had to look it up. I believe winning the V.League nets only 15,000,000. So, say, if SAGA wins this they will have played 4 matches. Not a bad haul
    About Capcom AWARD

Announcing the Establishment of the Capcom AWARD ~Capcom Co., Ltd. Presenting 10 Million Yen to the Men's and Women's Winning Teams~

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Head office: Chuo-ku, Osaka, President: Haruhiro Tsujimoto, hereinafter referred to as Capcom), JVA's top partner, will present a prize of 10 million yen to the men's and women's winning teams as the "Capcom AWARD" for three years from this year. I will let you know as soon as I receive it.

In addition to the JVA's previous award of 10 million yen to the men's and women's winning teams, an additional 10 million yen will be presented as the "Capcom AWARD". The prize money for the winner, totaling 20 million yen, is the highest ever for a 6-a-side volleyball domestic tournament currently being held.

As JVA's top partner, Capcom has signed an official sponsorship agreement for three years from April 2022, and has received support.

[Prizes]

Winner 10 million yen + Capcom AWARD 10 million yen = 20 million yen

Runner-up 4,000,000 yen

• 2022.12.11 Empress Cup Quarterfinal Results

SUN 11 Dec 2022

Set 1

Set 2

Set 3

Set 4

Set 5

Total

Court