Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Not bad for Hayashi considering JT lets their foreign players handle the firepower

Mayu is extremely competitive that's what makes her so powerful. I've honestly never seen anyone with her drive and the only other player that can probably match that is Nishida. If it wasn't for her height, I'm sure she'd be the first to play in Turkey or Italy already.

• Can anybody tell me the reason why Okayama had that random year where they almost won the championship but now they're back being at the bottom

2019-2020 Season they played the regular season in a conference setup. In the regular round of 21 matches, 3 matches in conference, 1 match each against the other conference teams, Okayama went 15-6, as NEC and Springs had a down year, and finished and in the regular round.

In their Final 8 group, they started with 2 bonus points with JT, Toyota and Springs, and went 2-1, to get them a semifinal spot. Beat Denso 3-2 in one semifinal, then lost a 2-1 set lead in the final against JT, who out scored them by 19 points in the final 2 sets.

• Okayama finally broad in a foreigner this year from Thailand, so they did not spend the most money to do it, but Thanacha Sooksod had done ok for them this year.

Okayama just does not use the back row, which is probably hurting them. 53 attempts and only 7 kills, 13.2%. Victorina Himeji with Plak have 61 more attempt and a 28.1% in 11th.

In a 12 team last in kills per set at 13.15

Last in kill % 34.1%

5th in blocks at 2.05

• 2019-2020 Season they played the regular season in a conference setup. In the regular round of 21 matches, 3 matches in conference, 1 match each against the other conference teams, Okayama went 15-6, as NEC and Springs had a down year, and finished and in the regular round.

In their Final 8 group, they started with 2 bonus points with JT, Toyota and Springs, and went 2-1, to get them a semifinal spot. Beat Denso 3-2 in one semifinal, then lost a 2-1 set lead in the final against JT, who out scored them by 19 points in the final 2 sets.

That was a very interesting season. Okayama played so differently then, wished it lasted a couple more years.

• That was a very interesting season. Okayama played so differently then, wished it lasted a couple more years.

Besides the different avenue of getting to the Final brahmin mentioned, Okayama played that season with a solid 6 that played full games all year instead of the musical chairs they do now. Their defense was outrageous. It was hard to score on them. They'd just wear teams out. And they had two players they don't have any more: Moe Sasaki, who wasn't great but she was rock solid mediocre and never did anything stupid; and Sanae Watanabe at OP who hit mid 40s. She was toe to toe with Drews in the Final until mid 4th set

• Tugba May have had her best weekend in Japan, but Kurobe could have swept the weekend series with PFU if they had any blocks on Sunday. Out blocked by PFU 13-4 and they lost by 4 points in 4 sets. PFU even gifted them with +10 points of service errors.

Tapp with the mini-sub role again on Sunday. I’ll just go with probably highest paid player on the team and you are not using her. How many blocks did we have against a foreign opposite? For the whole match the answer against all of the Springs was 2. Sometimes coaches just make no sense.

I think Hannah just doesn't have her hair color figured out :what: confuses the coach

Hitachi's coach isn't a strong sense maker, that's for sure, but it wasn't just Hannah she pulled. She went full crack cocaine lineup with Nonaka, Murooka, and Watanabe (21/35 @60% over the weekend). I found it very refreshing. It raised the temperature of the whole team to what Osanai was bringing. Nonaka had to get a bare foot massage somewhere in there, Coach tried to reverse course but they pooped out in the end

• Re: PFU / Kurobe ...

I don't know why Airi Tahara hasn't dressed for PFU since break, but V2 recruit Kumina Shimahara (Breath Hamamatsu) is gonna jump all over this opportunity for court time. She came in mid-set 2 last night, stayed, and got the job done. She's a pioneer in the no knee pads craze

Her 3 season gig with Hamamatsu was all about speed ball. She's only 172cm but seems big on court , at least in V2. She would practically put the ball directly in the attacker's hand. If she sticks around and bonds with 4T ... look out :white:

The downside is: PFU's other middles are not fastees, and neither are Acosta and Valdes ... so :/

• How does a fastee work? like being light on their feet or having crackhead awareness or both

• Former Denso player Rei Kudou announced that she got married. I always wondered why she retired so early. She works as a manager for the team now.

We will probably be hearing about more marriage news once the season closes and clubs start announcing the players who will R-word.

what's this r-word?

• Lowe seems to be finding a better groove with the JT girls now :flower: