Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• I'm 90% sure it's this

It looks kinda loose and free flowing at the bottom on Airi compared to that. Like there is a gap between it and her skinny shin/calf

Even if my question of "preventative or rehabilitative" were answered, I don't know which reason is more worrisome :lol:

• wasnt she injured when foluke "retired" from saga?

she's really feeling it

Probs.

Nabeya is not very intimidating with those glasses and neither was Foluke but then you watch Araki she looks like a proper menace. They could really use her in the NT. She's not Hammy aggro but in her own way she looks like the kind that breaks people's spirits. hehe

• Probs.

Nabeya is not very intimidating with those glasses and neither was Foluke but then you watch Araki she looks like a proper menace. They could really use her in the NT. She's not Hammy aggro but in her own way she looks like the kind that breaks people's spirits. hehe

araki is just a teensy bit shorter than yamada but when you put them side by side her fist is most likely bigger than yamada's head

• Yamada's head is growing , isn't it?

I love the idea of a Yamada/Araki duo. Took Araki a while to get going, not sure if she's completely over the hump. What I like about them is they're tall -- ish, at least for Japanese -- and have rock solid bodies. Not Mai Irisawa at all. That's what surprises me about Araki and her seeming fragility

Oh, and they are both good setters :thumbup:

• Yamada's head is growing , isn't it?

I love the idea of a Yamada/Araki duo. Took Araki a while to get going, not sure if she's completely over the hump. What I like about them is they're tall -- ish, at least for Japanese -- and have rock solid bodies. Not Mai Irisawa at all. That's what surprises me about Araki and her seeming fragility

Oh, and they are both good setters :thumbup:

Yamada is a tough nut. Definitely nothing like a big baby. She was the only one who didn't cry during Tokyo Olympics. Hugged the shit out of Koga.

Araki on the other hand cries at every little thing. She has some sort of mysterious physical condition from time to time. The first time she was mentioned here I think it was because she had to undergo surgery. But the same thing happened to Imamura before. She'd be in poor condition from time to time it was a rollercoaster with her but she also suffered an ACL accident iirc. Hopefully it's not chronic. She has really good potential.

• Yamada is a tough nut. Definitely nothing like a big baby. She was the only one who didn't cry during Tokyo Olympics. Hugged the shit out of Koga.

Araki on the other hand cries at every little thing. She has some sort of mysterious physical condition from time to time. The first time she was mentioned here I think it was because she had to undergo surgery. But the same thing happened to Imamura before. She'd be in poor condition from time to time it was a rollercoaster with her but she also suffered an ACL accident iirc. Hopefully it's not chronic. She has really good potential.

Yamada cried when they won Empress Cup. That was the first time I've seen her cry.

• Yamada is a tough nut. Definitely nothing like a big baby. She was the only one who didn't cry during Tokyo Olympics. Hugged the shit out of Koga.

Yeah, Imamura. She's another one, albeit on a slightly smaller scale, who seems to have a genetically advantaged body requiring little maintenance (Pleumjit always seemed like a kind of a template for that to me) . And beautiful posture. Araki seems like the quickest, most agile of the three --- on at least her good days

• I don't know anything about Araki's family, but I read somewhere that she's played volleyball in France. I read it when she was still in HS, so likely it was in her junior HS years. Still, minor bragging rights

• Mai Irisawa is annoyingly inconsistent and has very low mental fortitude. You guys saw that right during the Red White match lockdown era. Doesn't matter how well she does with Hitachi, she's not good being out of her comfort zone. During the Allstar too she was idle af and kept playing with Yamada's baby head.

I always thought "Poor Condition" was code for being covid positive and not necessarily because a player is injured unless that individual had a major injury in the past and needs some training to prevent further strain.

• I don't know anything about Araki's family, but I read somewhere that she's played volleyball in France. I read it when she was still in HS, so likely it was in her junior HS years. Still, minor bragging rights

in France?!

I'd like to see her play in a major league and see if she's really capable of breaking an opponents spirit

• in France?!

I'd like to see her play in a major league and see if she's really capable of breaking an opponents spirit

Yeah, as a 12 or 13 year old exchange student or some thing :)

I don't see Araki as a spirit breaker (yet). When she and Shion were the MB duo in HS, Shion was the spirit breaker, and by far the better player