Japan - V.League V2 (Division 2, Women) 2022-2023

• I wonder whose side Kenzo Endo is on

There was that weird dance they did to get their license ... if you ask me :)

Arisa was Coach in 19/20 and they applied and failed to get licensed. So Kenzo, director of Miyagi volleyball, became Fake Coach for 20/21, they re-applied and got the license. Then Arisa became Coach again

Probably couldn't kerfuffle around like that again if by some chance Sendai beat Himeji in the Challenge match

I've loved the shit out of the team for the past couple years. If everybody else stays they will still be fun ... but The KLF is coming for them next year :rose:

• Speaking of The KLF, they are selling NFTs :aww:

I would have preferred not to know this, but I applaud them for it anyway

• And speaking of The KLF:

"We, Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka, are a women's volleyball team based in Fukuchi Town, Fukuoka Prefecture. It will be decided to enter the V League in October this year, and will fight in DIVISION 3 (V3) from the 2023-24 season"

Wonder if they know something we don't know yet

• Who else will be joining them? Sun Piena?

I read before that it has to be comprised of at least 6 teams but that was for the men's division.

• Who else will be joining them? Sun Piena?

I read before that it has to be comprised of at least 6 teams but that was for the men's division.

The 2 other new teams next year will be Artemis Hokkaido and Kurashiki Ablaze. I don't think Sun Piena is even close

I think they will split it up as 8 V2 teams and 6 V3 ... and or but they may leave V2 intact and just let those three new teams hack out V3. It's uncomfortable having an odd number of 11 teams in V2, tho. Maybe they relegate the last place V2 team. Or maybe not since they haven't announced something like that but didn't they just demote a few men's teams without notice?

Hiroshima Oilers are kind of fading out

I'm confident Fukuoka Girasol will get a license for 2024/25, and think the two new Tokyo teams Cerisier with Asumi Gaya and the Red Hearts with the old Saitama Coach Toshiaki Yoshida are likely to get in before Sun Piena ... but I dunno

• Speaking of those New Tokyo Teams there's one girl who seems to be registered with both of them:

Misaki Nagashima is listed on the Red hearts web site

and Ceriser just tweeted her enrollment

Ceriser doesn't have a web site for the women but their recruitment application says:

Understanding the concept of Tokyo Surijie and having the desire to contribute to the community. (See homepage)

*Please understand that players who only want to play volleyball are not suitable for our team

The tweet is more current so I assume she has left the Red Hearts and signed with Ceriser

• Artemis Hokkaido is going to stream their All Japan National 6-Person Volleyball League Comprehensive Overall Grand Champions Cup Final Men's and Women's Championship Tournament thing opening match this weekend

It's against Mitsubshi UFJ Bank lol

There is so little information out there about this gigantic huge major major tournament. The Final Round starts this weekend

The KLF is not participating but the Yamanashi Chuo Bank Sporting Bears are ... so Giddy Up!

Women's Western Final LeagueWomen's Eastern Final League
    * Viore Nagoya
    * Maxvalu Victorina
    * Kurashiki Ablaze
    * Club Ehime
    * Fukuoka Girasol
    * Artemis Hokkaido
    * Bank of Mitsubishi UFJ
    * Tokyo RED HEARTS
    * Yamanashi Chuo Bank Sporting Bears
    * Toyota Motor Sunpiena

vBox matches

• Brilliant Aries good professional Live Stream against the Chiba Nurses:

Julian Chow ... Li-Wen Chang, in case you're interested

btw - how do you like the way Japan plays all their matches at the same time :rolll:

• The live stream is OK, but I wish they had clearer boundary lines for the court...white lines against pine word flooring is a bit difficult to see.

Aries :thumbup:

They were brilliant today....watching player interview now Aries no.7. :)

• The live stream is OK, but I wish they had clearer boundary lines for the court...white lines against pine word flooring is a bit difficult to see.

Aries :thumbup:

They were brilliant today....watching player interview now Aries no.7. :)

Japan has a big problem with courts and floors :rolll: Mostly because the places are all multi-purpose

#7 Mika Murayama is NT worthy imo, but it's hard to get there from V2

• THIS GIRL IS CUUUUUTE

• 2023.01.28 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Hiroshima Oilers 0–3 JA Gifu

24-26

17-25

17-25

58–75

Sendai 1–3 Prestige International

25-23

22-25

16-25

19-25

82–98

Gunma Bank 3–1 GSS Tokyo Sunbeams

25-21

22-25

25-23

25-19

97–88

Brilliant Aries 3–0 Chiba Angel Cross

25-20

25-22

25-21

75–63

National 6-Person Thing Day 1

Tokyo Red Hearts

3–2

Toyota Motor Sunpiena

18 − 25, 22 − 25, 25 − 14, 25 − 22, 15 − 12

Mitsubshi UFJ Bank

0–3

Artemis Hokkaido

4 − 25, 19 − 25, 11 − 25

Tokyo Red Hearts

0–3

Yamanashi Chuo Bank

9 − 25, 5 − 25, 13 − 25

• I've tried twice to post yesterday's results and a little story about Arisa Sato, but as soon as I add the crying emo my browser crashes. My browser never crashes

I'll try again later

[update] ;(

[update] well, that worked

• 2023.01.29 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Sendai 3–1 Veertien Mie

25-23

23-25

25-11

25-23

98–82

Chiba Angel Cross 0–3 JA Gifu

22-25

21-25

17-25

60–75

Breath Hamamatsu 3–1 Forest Leaves

16-25

25-18

25-22

25-20

91–85

Brilliant Aries 3–0 Hiroshima Oilers

31-29

25-23

25-13

81–65

Glad Sendai got a Home win after the Arisa announcement. They have one more Home weekend coming up, against a couple easier teams than Prestige and Veertien Mie. Hope they win both

It's really sad what has happened. Arisa was all about Miyagi. She wanted to bring volleyball to her home town. She was born in Sendai, went to Furukawa Gakuen, etc.

Volleyball White Paper dude speculates a parallel to the Fukuoka SeaCats (which I can see) and the old Saitama Coach (which I don't see). I don't know that Saitama dumped Toshiaki Yoshida , but either way, he and the SeaCats Coach went on to foster/coach other new teams

I don't see Arisa doing that at all. I don't think Sendai has room for another team and I don't see Arisa straying from home turf, even if all the players say they would go with her. I think her volleyball life is over, save for teaching kids

---

Not sure why Brilliant Aries had a hard time getting their hands on Hiroshima. I watched some of that and it was a good match, and shouldn't have been

Also looked in on the Hamamatsu/Leaves match. Forest Leaves started out like they were going to win it. I love it when losers finally start a little fire. You can see they feel like they've finally arrived

-----

National 6-Person Thing Day 2

Toyota Motor Sunpiena

0–3

Yamanashi Chuo Bank

10 − 25, 11 − 25, 11 − 25

Tokyo Red Hearts

0–3

Mitsubshi UFJ Bank

23 − 25, 22 − 25, 20 − 25

Speaking of the old Saitama Coach, his Red Hearts didn't do so well. When you look at how much Artemis beat Mitsubishi Bank the day before you can see how far the Red Hearts have to go

Of course The Sporting Bears crushed Toyota. Toyota's got a long way to go, too. I don't know anything about Mitsubshi, but I don't think they have V.League ambitions. I know Yamanashi don't, but they are beating teams that do

No smileys

• THIS GIRL IS CUUUUUTE

Surprisingly not surprisingly JVA is posting B Sheets for the National 6-Person Thingy

Cute girl went 26/70 (37%) with 10 errors in the Full Set against Toyota, and then 2/25 in the 0–3 loss to the Legendary Yamanashi Chuo Bank Sporting Bears, in case you're keeping score at home :)

• So I thought I'd investigate this Mitsubishi UFJ Bank team and see what's up. They have some of the best Gramho search results EVAR. I'm going to root for them now. Gramho search results are thee true gauge of how much love there is in the world for you. They're all cute and cuddly with a "we're just real people having fun" vibe :) The standout is Airi Komatsu. She's like the Saori of off-ramp business/club teams. A Tokai Mermaid. They enjoy meals together and waving to photographers :rose:

I discovered someone (who was) on my faves list, Yuri Komuro, had a brief stint with them in 17/18 or 18/19 (I can't tell, but I think that was their true glory days) before joining GSS Tokyo Sunbeams, and then Artemis Hokkaido -- which is why I took her off my list. Stupid team can't even make their web site public, but I digress ....

Mitsubishi UFJ Bank doesn't have a web site :(

I'm not making this stuff up

• Tokyo Red Hearts put their full set match against Toyota Sunpiena on their youtube (in 5 parts). Kudos to the Red Hearts :drink: It's a home movie but not bad

Saitama old coach (and USA NT old coach) Toshiaki Yoshida is listed on the match's B Report as director but he's not listed as director on their other two matches that weekend. No one is listed. It's just blank. Weird

In addition to Yoshida and his Saitama-ness, Chizuru Ito is also a player/staff member. She used to play with Saitama in 14/15, played in the USA 17/18, Forest Leaves in 18/19 when they didn't play (that's weird because she is registered at volleybox and put that there) :what:. She also did a stint, 2019–21, with Kurashiki Ablaze , one of the teams coming to V.League this fall before ending up at Red Hearts. She looks tall. First I've seen her

More Saitama 2017–2020 at Red Hearts: Ami Wakamatsu . She was MVP of the 2019 Summer League when Saitama won it. And then she left

The cute girl who transferred over from Cerisier is short and a little chubby with knobby knees. You can tell she knows she's cute by the way she is dramatically laugh-y all the time. She has dreams of Tik Tok influencing

It's Western Round this weekend ... so no MUFG :( Artemis Hokkaido, the team that doesn't know how to make their web site public, took their match against MUFG last weekend private. It was a shit stream anyway

----

Here's hoping the Red Hearts post their matches against MUFG and the Legendary Yamanashi Chuo Bank Sporting Bears

• Here's one:

Viore NAGOYA Tweet:

National Business League 1st match vs Club Ehime

25-20

25-27

25-20

We won the set count 2-1. Thank you for your encouragement!

Does that mean the East is playing 5 set matches and the West is playing 3 set matches :what:

[Update] Guess not: