Japan - V.League V2 (Division 2, Women) 2022-2023

• First I got the schedule wrong and missed the whole JT vs Kurobe, now I mixed up V1 and V2...things can get worse, hope I don't confuse football with volleyball ||

* watching all those WC matches in the middle of the night

You're just introducing yourself to these V.Leagues. No sweat

Brilliant Aries played a bit of Li-Wen-Ball. She started slow but picked up speed through the match 23/57 @40%, one error ... and 5 blocks :!:

• 2022.11.26 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Gunma Bank 0–3 Prestige International

21-25

13-25

19-25

53–75

Brilliant Aries 3–1 Sendai

25-16

25-15

23-25

25-21

98–77

Hiroshima Oilers 2–3 JA Gifu

25-19

25-20

18-25

24-26

13-15

105–105

Forest Leaves 1–3 Breath Hamamatsu

25-21

22-25

22-25

23-25

92–96

Prestige remains the only undefeated team with their defeat of Gunma Bank :)

Forest Leaves still looking for their first win in three seasons in V.League :(

• 2022.11.27 Results

Home [-] Away

Brilliant Aries – Chiba

Canceled

Forest Leaves 0–3 JA Gifu

24-26

16-25

22-25

62–76

Gunma Bank 3–1 Veertien Mie

27-25

25-21

19-25

25-17

96–88

• 2022.12.03 Results

Home [-] Away

Prestige 3–2 Hamamatsu

25-18

25-11

20-25

19-25

15-7

104–86

Gunma Bank – Forest Leaves

Canceled

Brilliant Aries 3–0 JA Gifu

25-14

25-11

25-19

75–44

Hiroshima 0–3 GSS Tokyo

24-26

23-25

23-25

70–76

Prestige is still undefeated. Their "super-ultra-mega-amazo spike attack" approach must be working :thumbup: They've always seemed like the most V1 friendly team in V2 to me, and they are doing it without stooping to BCS BS. Just had a run of bad luck the past three years: best player out with injury and then two covid smackdowns. Maybe this is finally the year of Prestige :super:

• 2022.12.04 Results

Home [-] Away

Breath Hamamatsu 3–0 JA Gifu

25-19

25-15

25-18

75–52

GSS Tokyo 1–3 Forest Leaves

25-23

19-25

22-25

20-25

86–98

Prestige 3–1 Brilliant Aries

32-30

16-25

25-19

25-23

98–97

Hiroshima Oilers 0–3 Gunma Bank

21-25

21-25

13-25

55–75

Forest Leaves finally wins a V.League match. Congratulation :drink:

• I mean if GSS is your first win is it saying much?

• I mean if GSS is your first win is it saying much?

lol yeah. no

They might not be the worst team in the league but they are the team I like the least. So there's that consolation

• I thought I posted here about liking Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka because they are divers. I just visited their youtube and they have a featured promo video of them practicing diving like boys. They call it "flying" (or google translate does). Maybe just a coincidence, and all teams practice this but it's beginning to cement my support for the team

Still don't like the name so I'm going to call them KLF. They seem to have online and image know-how and should be a big splash once they hit V.League. Pity we won't get to see them play much

• I used to follow that girl wearing a white shirt in that photo. I forgot her name. She was with a V2 team I think it was Breath Hamamatsu. I remember she had so much hype before because people were saying she looked like a mini Saori. But I had to unfollow her because all her videos were literally just her fake pranking their old coach like wth? it was so staged too it was so painful to watch.

• I used to follow that girl wearing a white shirt in that photo. I forgot her name. She was with a V2 team I think it was Breath Hamamatsu. I remember she had so much hype before because people were saying she looked like a mini Saori. But I had to unfollow her because all her videos were literally just her fake pranking their old coach like wth? it was so staged too it was so painful to watch.

That's Hina Kumamoto. Played with Toyota then V2 Breath Hamamatsu. If her coach-pranking was with Breath, she's brought that to KLF. An article I recently read about the team mentioned this coach pranking and said it was popular . I've read a number of articles over the past months about Hina and they always mention her IG followers number. They've been getting a good amount of press, especially since she joined. A lot more than the other new teams: Veertien Mie, Fukuoka Girasol, Artemis Hokkaido, Kurashiki Ablaze, even Ligare Sendai for that matter

Also what's with that damn name it sounds like a Hawaiian bar

Good call :) ... from their web site:

"Kanoa means "freedom" in Hawaiian and laulea also means "happiness" in Hawaiian"

One of the things that bugs me about the name is the apostrophe ... as in "Freedom Happiness's Fukuoka" ?(

Before I knew that, I thought they were interjecting the name of some patron named Laulea into the name of the team. They started as just KANOA Fukuoka

Anyway, long story short about how I've come around for them. Suffice to say it came from actually watching them play matches

I usually fall harder for a team, or a player, that for whatever reason I started out disliking, but then they somehow redeem themselves. I love redemption :rose:

• They've rescheduled the Brilliant Aries v Chiba Angel Cross match for December 24 at 13:00 and it will be streamed on BA's youtube ... the same time as the "All Star" Game

Great :mad:

• 2022.12.24 Make up match Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Video

Brilliant Aries 3–0 Chiba Angel Cross

25–20

25–20

26–24

76–64

YT

Chiba disappointing me this year. Same starting team as last year except for the setter. Last year's setter, Mai Okamura, was one of those adorable, soul of the team types. The new setter, Miyu Okabe from Juntendo, was supposed to be an upgrade but it's not working out :(. Seems like one of those situations where skill degrades vibe

Good multi-camera stream from Brilliant Aries with replays and a score bug ... available VOD. They must have a relationship with a local broadcaster. It's higher quality than VTV Easysports. Mothership Route Inn Hotels has a bunch of money invested in a number of sports . I guess that's where it comes from. More teams need to do this. Veertien Mie seems capable and really should be doing it to promote the team. And Prestige, for sure. Gunma Bank could afford it easily by trimming the BSC who's not needed or helping

• Toshiaki Yoshida (USA NT, Saitama) is Head Coaching this new V.League aspiring team Tokyo RedHearts. I don't know if that's good or bad. Chizuru Ito, former Ageo player, is also involved ... seems to be in charge of the farm team/school kids or something. Former Denso player Yuka Sakurai used to be involved

The Final Round of the All Japan National 6-Person Volleyball League Comprehensive Overall Grand Champions Cup Final Men's and Women's Championship Tournament thing starts at the end of this month. If I understand this mess correctly, the Tournament started last April and this is the Final Lap. Top Two from East and West meet for a Semifinal and the winners play the All Japan National 6-Person Volleyball League Comprehensive Overall Grand Champions Cup Final Men's and Women's Championship Tournament thing Final Match.

From 1980 there was a Regional League and a Business League. In 2010 they merged to form the All Japan National 6-Person Volleyball League Comprehensive Overall Grand Champions Cup Final Men's and Women's Championship Tournament thing

Colleges can compete in it now but I don't know if any have. The women's (from 2010) wasn't split into East and West because there weren't enough teams to account for it. In 2020 they did split into East and West but the 2020 was canceled all together and the 2021 Final Lap was canceled.

In 2022 The KLF won the West and Artemis Hokkaido won the East but the Final Lap was canceled

2023 Final Lap

Women's Eastern Final League

* Artemis Hokkaido

* Tokyo RED HEARTS

* Yamanashi Chuo Bank

* Mitsubishi UFJ Bank

* Toyota Motor Sunpiena

Women's Western Final League

* Fukuoka Girasol

* Kurashiki Ablaze

* Viore Nagoya

* Maxvalu Victorina

* Club Ehime

The KLF is not participating this year. Prior to the NEW VISION V.League Licensing format, I think the winners of this All Japan National 6-Person Volleyball League Comprehensive Overall Grand Champions Cup Final Men's and Women's Championship Tournament thing qualified for promotion to V3. I don't think that's true now but winning it does fortify your brand, I guess

• Prestige 3–1 Forest Leaves
    23-25
    25-18
    25-23
    26-24

That's amazing. After almost three years Forest Leaves finally got the taste of victory last month and wants more :box: Taking a set from Prestige (who had only lost 5 sets all season) and two more 2 point sets, one in overtime, is outstanding

I tried watching a little bit but the stream was godwaful

• 2023.01.14 Results

Home [-] Away

JA Gifu 2–3 Veertien Mie

23-25

23-25

25-19

25-19

8-15

104–103

Chiba Angel Cross 0–3 Gunma Bank

23-25

19-25

16-25

58–75

Prestige International 3–0 Hiroshima Oilers

25-22

25-21

25-19

75–62

GSS Tokyo Sunbeams 0–3 Ligare Sendai

16-25

17-25

16-25

49–75

JA Gifu is better than their W-L record but it still should have been easier for Veertien Mie to dispose of them. I'm having such a Veertien Mie jones I tried watching some of the stupid IG stream. There's no excuse for Veertien Mie not getting their matches online, on youtube

Sunbeams YT didn't show and I just couldn't go for any more IG nonsense, but my Sendai jones is huge

• I'd pay $7.99 to watch a good stream of Sendai v Veertien Mie tonight